Fromm slipping in the mock drafts...

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
I'm not following the QB buyer's guide, who's the top guy that we should aspire for the Chicago Bears to draft? or do we use the excuse that THIS QB class sucks balls and we need to wait until 2024 to draft someone or something to that effect?

For the LOVE of the game! Yah, I know snow balls don't last long in Arizona.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes. Teams that aren't dumb as fuck and don't struggle finding a QB for 70 years would have someone in camp this year.

They wouldn't think twice about hurting Mitchell's feelings.
Of course and I want that. I'm all in for getting a viable rookie QB every year. The issue is whether Hurts was that guy because the rap on him is that can't read.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course and I want that. I'm all in for getting a viable rookie QB every year. The issue is whether Hurts was that guy because the rap on him is that can't read.

In post #15 you shot down both Fromm and Hurts. You and several others shoot down every suggestion for one reason or another. Every FA too. A team that has only had 2 or 3 decent starters in 70 years should be drafting QBs more often than the Chicago Bears do.

The adage about stepping on the current starter's toes or trying to avoid a QB controversy is an expired idea. If competition is going to ruin a QB's confidence, he wasn't the guy anyway.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In post #15 you shot down both Fromm and Hurts. You and several others shoot down every suggestion for one reason or another. Every FA too. A team that has only had 2 or 3 decent starters in 70 years should be drafting QBs more often than the Chicago Bears do.

The adage about stepping on the current starter's toes or trying to avoid a QB controversy is an expired idea. If competition is going to ruin a QB's confidence, he wasn't the guy anyway.
and also offer other suggestions at the position . It's your perspective on others that's the bigger issue here. I'm allowed to prefer some prospects over others and not like every fucking QB because Mitch has been bad. You claim others have a nobody but Mitch mentality because it's projected from an anybody but Mitch perspective. I had nothing good to say about him last season. I don't think it's quite yet time to #ditchmitch but that determination is only about 1/2 season away. I've always wanted a developmental potential starter QB in the wings. Something we've lacked because Nagy wanted system guys ready and in the QB room.

Guys like Garoppolo and Wilson have better arms than Fromm and can read better than Hurts. They were more complete prospects. Doesn't mean you don't do it if you like a guy but if you don't see that sort of potential, you tend to be just as well off waiting until the back end of 3 or later instead of throwing away valuable starter potential picks on extreme long shots in a draft where we lack currency. I'd love to get Morgan with our 4 for instance. Not strong or big but intuitive with good reads and anticipation and still with a better arm than Fromm plus good deep ball.

I can't control what other posters do and I am not part of a cabal. If players get shot down due to REASONS, consider the possibility that maybe it's reasonable and not a reason for keeping Mitch under any circumstance.

Would you like Mariota, Foles or Dalton here. Works for me and they are all fails. Dalton is solid Meh, Foles a guy that is very sporadic that plays lucky ball and Mariota is Mitch's doppelganger that has already failed. The last guy is the one I'd want most because he could still turn it around, fits this O best and has the most to prove. I guess I'm just not the eternal pessimist that some on this board are.

Long story short. Jaundiced eye vs Fanboi and I think it's more of the 1st.

Last edited: