Sam Fuld LF
Starlin Castro SS
Tyler Colvin RF
Marlon Byrd CF
Aramis Ramirez 3B
Geovanny Soto Catcher
Micah Hoffpair 1B
Blake Dewitt 2B

Soriano Subs in against fastball pitchers maybe? He can also ride the bench like he should be. I'll take a youth movement please, lets get players in there who care and will give it 100%.

Thats a pretty decent lineup there if I do say so myself...Be nicer to have Jake Fox in there to, oh well.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The lineup should be
Sam Fuld LF
Starlin Castro SS
Tyler Colvin RF
Marlon Byrd CF
Aramis Ramirez 3B
Geovanny Soto Catcher
Micah Hoffpair 1B
Blake Dewitt 2B

Soriano Subs in against fastball pitchers maybe? He can also ride the bench like he should be. I'll take a youth movement please, lets get players in there who care and will give it 100%.

Thats a pretty decent lineup there if I do say so myself...Be nicer to have Jake Fox in there to, oh well.

NO, Fuld leading off and Hoffpauir being there, not a good combo. And you can't bench Soriano, and his average may be low, but .260s isn't that bad when you hit over 20 homers.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The lineup should be
Sam Fuld LF
Starlin Castro SS
Tyler Colvin RF
Marlon Byrd CF
Aramis Ramirez 3B
Geovanny Soto Catcher
Micah Hoffpair 1B
Blake Dewitt 2B

:rofl: You are funny, sir, you are funny.

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
:rofl: You are funny, sir, you are funny.

Perhaps my lineup order is off but those are the players we should have out there next year. Very fast first 2 in the lineup to play some small ball. followed by some big bats.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wait is that lineup serious? Soriano on the bench? Fuld at leadoff?

lay down the pipe brah

HeavyD

Liked Posts:
wait is that lineup serious? Soriano on the bench? Fuld at leadoff?

lay down the pipe brah

Do you really think Soriano deserves to be playing? He is a joke, strikeout machine who is a biggest liability in the outfield of possibly any fielder in the NL?

If I have my way Soriano is released...pay his ass to not even be with the team.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you really think Soriano deserves to be playing? He is a joke, strikeout machine who is a biggest liability in the outfield of possibly any fielder in the NL?

If I have my way Soriano is released...pay his ass to not even be with the team.

I agree with you to a large extent. He's a huge defensive liability, what with the prancing and hopping and the complete lack of effort out there. And I'd like to just cut our losses with him and release him, but it's just not possible. His contract is a joke, and we'd suffer by paying him not to play. I would definitely give him more days off though and sit his lazy ass on the bench.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
soriano can still bring in runs and hit HRs and we cant get rid of him...now if i did have my way i'd trade him for some young talent or younger big time player..but we cant do that...he isnt the greatest defender or anything like that but again he can still hit pretty well for power...again soriano can still rack up HRs and RBIs and has a good slugging pct.....if the Cubs were in the AL i'd suggest DH.....but lol@ benching Soriano..please....and you still havent addressed Fuld at leadoff.....

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
soriano can still bring in runs and hit HRs and we cant get rid of him...now if i did have my way i'd trade him for some young talent or younger big time player..but we cant do that...he isnt the greatest defender or anything like that but again he can still hit pretty well for power...again soriano can still rack up HRs and RBIs and has a good slugging pct.....if the Cubs were in the AL i'd suggest DH.....but lol@ benching Soriano..please....and you still havent addressed Fuld at leadoff.....

Fuld should hit like 7 or 8. I'd move Castro to leadoff to see what happens. Unfortunately, we just don't have a lead off hitter, right now.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuld is not good. Period. He is a 4th OF and nothing else.

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just for the record.

Soriano leads the Cubs in home runs and RBI (if you care about RBI)

Soriano is second on the team in doubles. He has the third highest wOBA (.358) of Cubs regular players, behind Byrd and Soto.

While I don't disagree that his defense is poor in general, UZR has him rated as the second best defender on the Cubs. His range and arm both have positive ratings, but naturally his Errors hurt him there. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a gold glover, but after a rough April he's been fine in left field.

Outside of 2009, when he was obviously injured, Soriano has been fine as a Cub. Is his contract way too much, yes, but he is absolutely a starting outfielder in the major leagues, and absolutely should be starting over Sam fucking Fuld.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
Just for the record.

Soriano is second on the team in doubles. He has the third highest wOBA (.358) of Cubs regular players, behind Byrd and Soto.

While I don't disagree that his defense is poor in general, UZR has him rated as the second best defender on the Cubs. His range and arm both have positive ratings, but naturally his Errors hurt him there. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a gold glover, but after a rough April he's been fine in left field.

Outside of 2009, when he was obviously injured, Soriano has been fine as a Cub. Is his contract way too much, yes, but he is absolutely a starting outfielder in the major leagues, and absolutely should be starting over Sam fucking Fuld.

This all the way.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Just for the record.

Basically what I was going to say before seeing you post.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps my lineup order is off but those are the players we should have out there next year. Very fast first 2 in the lineup to play some small ball. followed by some big bats.

That's one of the worst line ups in the history of Ever.

So Colvin should be released too?
I agree with you to a large extent. He's a huge defensive liability, what with the prancing and hopping and the complete lack of effort out there. And I'd like to just cut our losses with him and release him, but it's just not possible. His contract is a joke, and we'd suffer by paying him not to play. I would definitely give him more days off though and sit his lazy ass on the bench.

He has actually lived up to his contract thus far. As far as a huge defensive liability, please, please, please explain. He's one of the best LFers in baseball.

Why do you DH one of the best LFers in baseball?

Fuld is not good. Period. He is a 4th OF and nothing else.

Probably more like a 5th OFer.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Why do you DH one of the best LFers in baseball?

maybe its just me but i kind of like that idea....soriano is still very strong in the HR and RBI and slugging pct areas....he isnt quite the athlete he used to be offensively or defensively imo..... and i dont think soriano is a defensive liability he is decent on defense but he isnt the best

some of his defensive numbers arent very impressive.....especially fielding and errors

if the Cubs were in the Al who do you suggest as the DH?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
He hasn't misplayed many balls lately. Just like a few days ago someone called D-Lee a double play machine. Please! Maybe in 2008, but I can't remember when the last time he even hit into a DP was.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
maybe its just me but i kind of like that idea....soriano is still very strong in the HR and RBI and slugging pct areas....he isnt quite the athlete he used to be offensively or defensively imo..... and i dont think soriano is a defensive liability he is decent on defense but he isnt the best

some of his defensive numbers arent very impressive.....especially fielding and errors

if the Cubs were in the Al who do you suggest as the DH?

Colvin.

Errors are so overrated. Len says it all the time, if Player X gets to 10 more balls than Player Y, but makes 3 errors on those balls, who would you rather have? Player X. Soriano makes errors, but he has amazing range and a great arm.

He hasn't misplayed many balls lately. Just like a few days ago someone called D-Lee a double play machine. Please! Maybe in 2008, but I can't remember when the last time he even hit into a DP was.

Well he is on pace for the 2nd most GIDP's in his career.

waldo7239117

Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he's a 4th OF because of his defense. Late innings sub. I'm talking about Fuld.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
@waldo: Thought you were talking about Colvin and I was like "WTF?"

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Colvin.

Errors are so overrated. Len says it all the time, if Player X gets to 10 more balls than Player Y, but makes 3 errors on those balls, who would you rather have? Player X. Soriano makes errors, but he has amazing range and a great arm.

True and i never said he wasnt a decent defender....and i dont like colvin at DH...primarily because i'd like to see him grow into becoming a top OFer or 1B(though i'd rather Colvin stick to the outfield)