Future QB Talk-Trade or Free Agent

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
The only way you get that turn around is Allen/Mahomes. I would be one happy bears fan.

Mack is an elite pass rusher capable of changing the outcome of games. He makes sacks, forces fumbles, returns INTs for TDs. Allen is a very nice player but you're not getting that from him. Carr and Mahomes is wishful thinking but who knows.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Im so sick of the Jimmy G talk. Why is he worth 2nd rd pick?!?

Well the best Franchise in the sport drafted him with a 2nd round pick, and they are only considering trading him because Tom Brady has had surprising longevity.

When he has played, he's looked excellent.

Jimmy G is easily worth a 2nd rounder.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Would you guys feel better about JG if he had played the entire 3 games without injury? Or is it the limited amount playing time and his contract situation the major sticking point?

I would pull the trigger for a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year. With our current cap position, there is no reason we couldn't get JG on a 4 year deal that is front loaded and team friendly for year 3 and 4.

He couldn't even make it two games without getting injured--that's the guy I want.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a bigger fan of Corey Davis myself. What exactly is a trade from 10 to 3 worth? I like the idea of WR (not at 3) and a TE in round 2, then spend most of the free agent money on defense. No way I am trading a 3 for JB though. If BB turns down my offer in the OP I am drafting QB at 3.

What QB are you going to draft at 3 though and how long you going to give him to "develop". My guy is ready to go and perform at top level from the get go.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So....let me regurgitate the cliff notes.

1) A slight body NFL QB who played 6 quarters supported by the best franchise in football around him, then got hurt from literally the first big hit of his life (Eastern Illinois player)
2) We have to give up high draft picks
3) And we have to pay him like he was more proven then he is.

Can we just not? I'm sorry to all the nut suckers here, got some peanuts to go with all that salt? But fuck,

I just want to predict that Jimmy won't be nothing in this league. I really don't want to watch that develop on our beloved.

The bears have had as good a look at JG as they will any of the College QB's so your argument sucks.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joe Montano also wanted to keep on playing. So did Manning. And just because YOU think he's gonna play with the Patriots until he's a cadaver doesn't really mean anything. I have the history of the NFL 100% on my side, you just have opinion.

Every single example you have used is so far off base you don't even know. Montana demanded a trade. It was not the Niners saying you can't play here anymore. It was Montana saying he did not want to play with the Niners.

The surgeries on Manning's neck did not go well and knowing they did not go well made Irsay aware his days were numbered and he'd likely never be the same anyway. Brady has had no such injury or surgery to cause any concern and, in fact, is said to be in excellent shape.

And it's not about me thinking Brady will play, it's Brady making it completely clear he wants to and will play for several more years.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He couldn't even make it two games without getting injured--that's the guy I want.

[video=youtube;I6H8AYVygTE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6H8AYVygTE[/video]

He did get injured, but most QB's that take a hit this do as well. Also, check out the pocket presence to actually get to that point.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What QB are you going to draft at 3 though and how long you going to give him to "develop". My guy is ready to go and perform at top level from the get go.

You may have stated this already, but what is the max you would give up for Jimmy?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;dUI6YmBkj1w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUI6YmBkj1w[/video]

Great throws looking off the safety numerous times. There is lots to like here.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every single example you have used is so far off base you don't even know. Montana demanded a trade. It was not the Niners saying you can't play here anymore. It was Montana saying he did not want to play with the Niners.

The surgeries on Manning's neck did not go well and knowing they did not go well made Irsay aware his days were numbered and he'd likely never be the same anyway. Brady has had no such injury or surgery to cause any concern and, in fact, is said to be in excellent shape.

And it's not about me thinking Brady will play, it's Brady making it completely clear he wants to and will play for several more years.

Agree to disagree, we'll see what happens.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think I'm in for a 2nd this year and a 3-4th next year. I'm not sure if that is realistic at all, but that's where I'm at currently.

That's your max you would give up? If it were possible, it would be something to think about. I doubt I would go beyond that.

I just don't know enough about the prospects to even begin to have a favourite or preference.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Logic tells me the Bears cannot get a QB even half as good as Jimmy with that #3 pick so I would use it for him if need be. Wouldn't tip my hand but I'd be willing.

Really? You'd give up the third overall for him? I admire your sticktoitiveness.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's your max you would give up? If it were possible, it would be something to think about. I doubt I would go beyond that.

I just don't know enough about the prospects to even begin to have a favourite or preference.

For me, there is no way I'm trading away that 3rd pick. So if a 1st would be a must to seal the deal, it would have to be a 2018 1st.

I also don't know much about the prospects, I'm just getting acquainted with them now.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
It just sucks that there aren't better QB prospects in this year's draft. Of all the years to have a weak QB pool it had to be this one. The Bears are in a tough position. Either go get Jimmy G or Romo and fix the holes on D, or gamble on one of the QBs with the 3rd pick and miss out on an immediate impact player for the D. I hope Pace gets this right. Whatever he does the reactions will come quickly but judgement will need to be reserved until we see how the team performs.