Future QB Talk-Trade or Free Agent

AussieBear

Romo will probably end up in Denver.. with a championship caliber defense ready to go... im sure he'd wanna come to the bears shit show to end his career

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
This makes absolutely no sense for anyone involved.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Redskins miss the playoffs, they might not want to over-pay for Kirk Cousins.
I think the bears should jump for Cousins if he becomes available.

That is for sure. A bold move would be the right move:)

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If we sign/trade for a QB, Glennon is my guy. Look at his stats got the one year he started 19TD to 9 INT despite playing with terrible weapons and leading the league in times sacked. The market may get out of hand but if he can be had for a decent rate, he's better than any option in the draft.

If you honestly believe that there will not be ONE starting caliber QB to come out of this class I'll kindly ask you to pass that shit over here cause it's fucking you up too much.

Glennon is at best Brian Hoyer in terms of what he can do for your franchise as a whole.

That's how you'd seriously prefer to roll moving forward? Limiting the franchise's potential? Just what in the fuck.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Romo will probably end up in Denver.. with a championship caliber defense ready to go... im sure he'd wanna come to the bears shit show to end his career

And a ? At coach I think romo might have 2nd thoughts about that. I think the Bears have a great chance of getting romo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

IF he wanted to be buried in a place with an awesome view of a big lake, he absolutely should come to the Bears.

laputan

Liked Posts:
Romo is the Best available QB

Romo has the ability to be a top 5 QB in the league -- right now -- for 2 seasons. He is falling into our lap because he is getting pushed out by a rookie who is not necessarily better than him but younger and more reliable.

Instead of signing an average team's below average back-up or drafting a Trubisky and hoping he reaches his ceiling in 2-3 years or longer, we can have his ceiling RIGHT NOW. For $14 million in cap space and a 3rd round pick at the maximum and possibly for less. We have $50 million in cap space next year.

Romo is better than every single back-up that people are trying to bring to make this team mediocre again.

Parts of this team like the O-line, D-line, and RB are very good and Fangio is able to hold the rest of the D together.

This isn't the MLB where we need to do a 5 year rebuild. If we did, we'd find that Howard and Floyd may not even last 5 years.

Fox and Pace know the pressure is on them next year and they need to win a few more games, but they don't realize that we can win the NFC North.

He might get injured again, yes. It's the NFL. But the fact that he is seen as an injury risk is what's gonna keep his price from skyrocketing and we are gonna have a top 10 QB for a steal. He is 2 years younger than Tom Brady and he can win in Chicago. You still draft a QB in the first or second and you compete Now. And what better veteran to help in developing the QB we draft than Romo.

And lastly, Pace and Romo have the same storied secret Eastern Illinois handshake. It's destiny.

Pull the trigger, Pace.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Time to Steal Eli from the Giants

After a crushing playoff loss, it is the lackluster receivers that are getting all the press for Big Blue. With the manchild that is Odell Beckham worried more about partying with his teammates than focusing on a championship and a new coaching staff already in place...Eli Manning should be planning an exit from the Big Apple.

Enter the Chicago Bears and their GM/HC that have scorch marks on their keisters after a three win season that saw them burn through four painfully mediocre quarterbacks. Neither one of these men have the gonads to bet their careers on a rookie at this point, so might as well get a Veteran QB that a developmental pick can actually learn something from.

Eli has thrown for over four thousands yards the last three seasons. Over 30 TD passes into two out of three of those seasons. Has not missed a start in over a decade now...so you have the consistency at quarterback the Bears have not enjoyed since Sid Luckman.

And with a running back like Jordan Howard and receivers that are actually taller than Hillary Clinton...Eli would flourish in Chicago.

Heck, rumor has it that Peyton has been trying to get back into the League as a coaching assistant and who better to start with than coaching up his little brother to his third Lombardi Trophy.

Like Cutler, his contract becomes more and more team friendly as the years pass...keeping the Bears in great cap shape to compete while grooming the future behind the greatest name in quarterbacks.

(Two Rings is already twice as much as any other quarterback in Franchise History)

Trade our 2nd, extra 4th and 6th round pick in 2017 and our 3rd with a conditional 5th and 7th round picks in 2018 for Eli and a 3rd round pick that we can use to draft another QB to develop.

Thoughts?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Oh, good God.

A 36 year old that throws a zillion INT's?

No thanks. He's had great successes, but they are in his past.

Let's see, we have had suggestions to get Romo, Brees and Eli.

Why not Fran Tarkenton and YA Tittle while we're at it.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, good God.

Yaah titties? I'm in!!!

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oh, good God.

Y.A. Tittle is only 6' tall, get real.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So you want to trade most of our picks this year and potentially half of our picks next year for a QB that will retire in the next three years?

Sam Bradford cost less, and he has a longer career in front of him. And Minn paid too much to get him, but they felt they were poised for a SB so they pulled the trigger. You want to mortgage the future on a player who will give us no future.

Hard pass, and I suggest you enter a drug rehab facility.