Future QB Talk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Brees was the 32nd pick

I know. He and Rodgers were terribly undervalued by teams at the time of their draft. I liked both of those guys in college and wanted the Bears to draft them. I also wanted the Bears to grab Brees when SD dropped him. Just think of what might have happened if the Bears had a decent guy in charge when those two guys were young and available.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess but I'm sure there are guys we all wanted that busted as well and Rodgers may have been one of those in a different situation. Rodgers' situation is almost as unique as Brady's in the modern NFL. Closest I can think of is a guy like Cousins but he wasn't retooled.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
I like Trubisky over Watson. I have no expertise here obviously just feels to me like Trubisky sees the field better. While Watson letting players drop underneath his throws felt like he was locked in on his receiver.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Trubisky over Watson. I have no expertise here obviously just feels to me like Trubisky sees the field better. While Watson letting players drop underneath his throws felt like he was locked in on his receiver.

Trubisky is the most consistent and accurate.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lance Zeurline, who I like, has some interesting QB rankkings

1. Trubisky
2. Watson
3. Peterman
4. Kizer
5. Mahomes

With the caveat that the top 2 are the only ones he would think about in round 1.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox Sports' Mike Flannery:

"Depending on which game tape you watch, Peterman either looks like one of the best QBs in the draft or a guy who would be lucky to start in Canada. He didn't even crack my top ten QB ranking a few months ago, but after reading plenty of hype on Peterman I watched a little more tape and realized what I missed the first time."

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Trubisky
2. Watson
3. Peterman
4. Kizer
5. Mahomes

With the caveat that the top 2 are the only ones he would think about in round 1.

Does he give his reasoning as to why Peterman deserves the #3 spot? Or does he just think that every other QB is a dumpster fire?

Luke

Liked Posts:
why even pay attention to Zeurline?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Does he give his reasoning as to why Peterman deserves the #3 spot? Or does he just think that every other QB is a dumpster fire?

People get into the Brady thing with him, whether they say it outright or not but he doesn't appear to have those intangibles. He's last on that list for me and behind Kaaya as well. 3 weeks back it was Peterman, Last week it was Webb after one all star game with little pressure and a simple scheme. Next week, who knows but I hope they all get hyped up so Evans falls to us in 5 or 6 after we take Trubisky at 3.

To me Petermann could succeed but I'm not taking him or Kaaya very early and Kaaya's ceiling is much higher. He, Mahomes and Trubisky have the best arms in this draft. Once Mahomes throws for teams under controlled conditions, he's rising up boards.

To me, Peterman should get drafted a bit lower than McCarron got drafted in his draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He heard murmurs at the SB. Next week, there will be a new scoop.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bill Polian today said that Trubisky and Kizer are "miles away from being NFL ready". McShay has only two QB's going in the first round. Watson at #2 and Trubisky at #12 I believe. Oh, and has the Bears picking Allen at #3.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are miles away from being NFL competitive, so it seems like a good match IMO. Kind of dumb for a team in a 'total rebuild' to pass on a college QB because he's not 'NFL ready'. Seems to be antithetical, IMO.

I suppose so, though you do actually have to field a QB this year and probably the next. Just pisses me off that we finally have a pick at #3 and the one position we need the most is absent due to a lack of decent QB's in the draft.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

1. Trubisky
2. Watson
3. Peterman
4. Kizer
5. Mahomes

Seems bizarre to have Peterman over Kizer, and even over Mahomes.

Watson
Kizer
Trubisky
Mahomes
Webb
Kaaya
and then maybe Peterman

imo

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems bizarre to have Peterman over Kizer, and even over Mahomes.

Watson
Kizer
Trubisky
Mahomes
Webb
Kaaya
and then maybe Peterman

imo

It's one of those "look how different I am" rankings

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bill Polian today said that Trubisky and Kizer are "miles away from being NFL ready". McShay has only two QB's going in the first round. Watson at #2 and Trubisky at #12 I believe. Oh, and has the Bears picking Allen at #3.
No QB taken is 'NFL ready' unless put in a very cushy situation. McShay is an extremely poor evaluator of talent. He works off of hearsay and adds a bit of controversy to stay relevant. I have no idea how he got that gig.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

1. Trubisky
2. Watson
3. Peterman
4. Kizer
5. Mahomes

Peterman over Kizer??? :doorrofl:

I wish I could get paid for saying shit that is totally false and asinine.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No QB taken is 'NFL ready' unless put in a very cushy situation. McShay is an extremely poor evaluator of talent. He works off of hearsay and adds a bit of controversy to stay relevant. I have no idea how he got that gig.

He worked with scouts for about a decade before coming to ESPN.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Internship doesn't make you a good evaluator. You can like him but of the big 3, I prefer Mayock and then hair hat. I don't normally align with any but I at least understand where the other 2 are coming from.

Luke

Liked Posts:
He worked with scouts for about a decade before coming to ESPN.

Mcshay is just a talking head for Scouts. They do the scouting and he gets coached up then tries to act like he knows something but doesn't pull it off.