Game # 5: Bulls @ Celtics 04/28 @ 6pm TNT

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
big props to maq for hooking up the stream.

our guys just better show up in the UC

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
That was pretty damn terrible. I can't believe Brad Miller missed the rim from about a foot away, then missed again when trying to shoot that free throw. He wasn't even close either time.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m angry as hell. I cant understand how you are not able to hit at least the rim.

And sorry for that but the foul on Rondo was a clear flagrant foul. He had no chance on this planet to play the ball. He moved his hand clearly to Miller´s face. Worst refs I´ve ever seen.

Today you could see why we lost 7 of 9 OT games in the season.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
Manic Devourer wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
Wow, Brad did not come through in the clutch there. Airballs the oepn layup prior to being fouled. Gets bailed out by Rondo's idiocy. Misses the first free throw, then he can't even miss the second free throw properly.

Oh well, good game.

Dont blame that on miller for airballing that layup. He had the ball still in his hand when rondo hit him in the mouth. How bout you try a wide open layup and while your shooting i come out of no where and knock your teeth out? Lets see you get close to making it. And for the missed ft i dont blame him either. It takes some serious confidence to knock down 2 fts undr such pressure under a hard foul like that. For him not stepping up you cant blame him for that because few players are can hit those fts and Brad just aint one of em

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Vinny should have stuck Tyrus Thomas at the line for Brad Miller there.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
On the bright side, Gordon scoring 26 points and passing for 6 assists with a torn hamstring should hopefully lock up the Bulls' decision to keep him.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Thomas should of been at the strike. He has nothing to lose. I never saw someone so athletic not grasp the fundamentals of defense. We should of drafted Brook Lopez.

Rose1

Liked Posts:
Rose is too self-conscious on the court. He need to attack like Rondo do his non defense playing self.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Rose1 wrote:
Rose is too self-conscious on the court. He need to attack like Rondo do his non defense playing self.

I realize that he is a rookie, and he'll learn from his mistakes but his turnovers in the middle of the fourth really help feed Boston's momentum that eventually carried over to their win.

It doesn't help either that he continues to get fouled yet doesn't get any respect from the refs, but he seems to worry about failing more than trying to get the win. You can tell that he thinks way too much instead of just playing by instinct.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Rose has 27 turnovers for the series so far. Rondo has 11. That's the difference right there, Rondo is attacking then getting the ball to team mates, Rose is coughing it up. I don't know why everyone wants Rose to be more attacking, when he's already charging into a packed lane and turning the ball over or missing a shot.

In short I think he needs to play smarter, not harder. There's no magic switch to turn on and make him play like he did in game one every night, he's just going to have to improve with time.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Manic Devourer wrote:
Rose1 wrote:

It doesn't help either that he continues to get fouled yet doesn't get any respect from the refs, but he seems to worry about failing more than trying to get the win. You can tell that he thinks way too much instead of just playing by instinct.

Hit the nail on the head, Manic. I guess the 12FTs in game 1 was just a cock-tease. I have never seen such an uneven job by the refs in a single series as I have in this one.

For the rest of this series, Rondo should be double teamed. I don't care who it leaves open, you get the ball out of his hands, and the C's will not win.

hfritz32

Liked Posts:
I think this loss was more Boston stepping it up especially Paul Pierce for hitting 3 straight tough jumpshots. People arnt giving credit to Boston enough and are just bashing what we did wrong. And DT you cant criticize for no timeouts because we were supposed to get the last shot of the game. Since we were fouled it ended up being 2 sec left for fts and a possession. By saying we didnt have a t/o in that situation is saying we need at least 2 left for the last possession. That would be Special person of Del Negro if he did that instead of getting a quality possession with like 35 sec left in the game. VDN did nothing wrong besides getting a play going to the basket trying to draw some contact in regulation instead of a step back jumper

RPK

Liked Posts:
hfritz32 wrote:
I think this loss was more Boston stepping it up especially Paul Pierce for hitting 3 straight tough jumpshots. People arnt giving credit to Boston enough and are just bashing what we did wrong. And DT you cant criticize for no timeouts because we were supposed to get the last shot of the game. Since we were fouled it ended up being 2 sec left for fts and a possession. By saying we didnt have a t/o in that situation is saying we need at least 2 left for the last possession. That would be Special person of Del Negro if he did that instead of getting a quality possession with like 35 sec left in the game. VDN did nothing wrong besides getting a play going to the basket trying to draw some contact in regulation instead of a step back jumper

To me, Pierce is the key to the series. Bulls really have no one to matchup with him, and if he's playing well, the Bulls are in serious trouble. You saw it today with those step back jumpers.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Well we should have been double teaming Pierce, it's just illogical why you wouldn't have when Allen was fouled out of the game. Let one of their bench guys hit a shot, they were 2-10 tonight and shooting < 30% for the series. If they suddenly start hitting shots so be it, they've shown no ability to do so thus far.