Game 5 IGT: Blackhawks @ Blues 4/21 at 8:30 p.m.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah... our fearless captain that has 0 goals and 2 assists through 5 games, when we DESPERATELY need someone to step up, is really turning it on.

Won't be long until he'll be labeled a choke artist in my imo. I hope for his sake, and our sake, that the blackhawks find a way to win these next 2 games and escape this series. Safe bet would be that it won't be because of Toews stellar play, though.

Is this a proxy post for Grimbutt ?
giphy.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah... our fearless captain that has 0 goals and 2 assists through 5 games, when we DESPERATELY need someone to step up, is really turning it on.

Won't be long until he'll be labeled a choke artist in my imo. I hope for his sake, and our sake, that the blackhawks find a way to win these next 2 games and escape this series. Safe bet would be that it won't be because of Toews stellar play, though.

I think I saw him on a milk carton this morning

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this a proxy post for Grimbutt ?
giphy.gif

Just giving my honest opinion. If you think toews has been anything other than average at best for really the majority of the season, and especially this series, well... you're just wrong.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A very strange series, seems like the team that gets out played wins. 80% of the first 4 games, I thought the Hawks were the better team, yet they're in a 1-3 hole. With the exception of some time in period 2 last night, the Hawks seemed to always be a step behind the Blues, yet they win the game.

I was saying the same thing to my wife yesterday. THere was no way that I thought the Hawks were going to win that game last night. The defense was fried and they were being outskated and outworked the third period and on. Yet they won.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kaner's not ready to hit the links yet....

That was truly one of the neatest goals I have ever seen. Imagine being Elliot and the defenders trying to deal with Kane on that play. It is like he is a magician and they are trying to figure out what makes the trick work. He like hypnotizes them and they are helpless. Amazing stuff once again from Kane:)

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ken Hitchcock: "We know this was going to be a huge challenge. We’ve just got to find a way to make them crack some more." #Blackhawks

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It looked to me like the Blues really scaled back on some of the hitting and dirty stuff last night as opposed to Tues at the UC which I thought the refs should have done a better job.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You guys think captain donuts eventually does something, or nah? He mineswell fucking retire at this point, or at least give up the C to someone who actually wants to contribute to some wins.

Won the face off draw, and got the puck back to Kane on Panarin's goal last night and got in the way of Bouwmesitter, Elliot and Patrangelo, to give Kane space on his GW(OT)G. Great play on Keith's late goal at the end of 2nd period, too, in the Hawks first win in the series. Some of the announcers/commentators at NBCSN and NHL Network said he was the best Hawk on the ice last night. Don't know if I'd go that far, but our 3rd and 4th goals were due to, both, Toews hard work and Kane's playmaking ability.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spunky already made a thread about this. It was definitely intentional.

It all boils down to East Coast bias and us hicks in the Midwest, though we (the Hawks) are the best fuckin' team this decade. fuck'em!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Won the face off draw, and got the puck back to Kane on Panarin's goal last night and got in the way of Bouwmesitter, Elliot and Patrangelo, to give Kane space on his GW(OT)G. Great play on Keith's late goal at the end of 2nd period, too, in the Hawks first win in the series. Some of the announcers/commentators at NBCSN and NHL Network said he was the best Hawk on the ice last night. Don't know if I'd go that far, but our 3rd and 4th goals were due to, both, Toews hard work and Kane's playmaking ability.

BBBBBButttttt it doesn't show on the stat page, he must suck......

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niklas Hjalmarsson: "We have one more level. We just have to dig a little deeper. I think we're gonna be fine, but it's along way to go.
"We're still very hungry to go on a deep playoff run here," adding that the #Blackhawks aren't satisfied with previous success

Kane on Shaw: "Through out those first few games you could say he was our most effective forward.

Jonathan Toews on looking for that first goal of the playoffs: "The time is now. I've been telling myself that all series."

The Blackhawks aren't exactly going in with a ton of momentum, but they are 14-1 in Game 6s under Joel Quenneville — 8-0 since 2013

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Just giving my honest opinion. If you think toews has been anything other than average at best for really the majority of the season, and especially this series, well... you're just wrong.

As much as it pains me, a Blues-hater, to admit it - they have done a fantastic job overall on D and especially on #19 and #88. I see the effort form #19, but Backes & Co. have been terrorizing him every step of the way.

I am hardly an apologist, but #19 has previously experienced prolonged playoff scoring slumps and tends ot break out in a very big way. It's coming.....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kane broke someone's ankles badly on the GW goal. Wish it was Ott or Backes

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had Bouwmeester playing with Elliot's stick too.....

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Toews
2013-14 28G 40A = 68 points
2014-15 28G 38A = 66 points
2015-16 28G 30A = 58 points

Toews is finished. Complete drop-off with 8 assists less than last year, 10 than the year before. I stand corrected. Shocking! Even with an aging and oft injured Hossa and without a decent left-winger all season long, this is just, just, just unacceptable. All hail GrimDust and his acolytes. :)

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You guys can make every excuse in the book for toews, the proof is still in the pudding. He isn't performing like he has in years prior -- that's a fact that can't be disputed. Not an opinion.

Not saying he isn't a great player. Not saying he CAN'T do it all. He's just NOT doing it all right now. He's NOT the toews we're used to seeing. And as the captain of the team, he needs to step up when it counts the most. Without Kane on his line last night, he drops another donut... it is what it is.

And I'm nobody's acolyte.