Game of Thrones Thread

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was going under the assumption he'd no longer be in it with his hand gone. He sucks as a lefty as we've already seen. Do they have any type prosthetics?

The old commander (now with Dany) was the first member of the King's Guard to ever be "retired" so I'm guessing the loss of a limb isn't an exception to the oath. But that's just conjecture; who knows what Daddy has planned for stump-boy if/when he gets him back. I think he might be warming up to Brianne's big howyadoin's and what not; and if so, Pops might ship him off to the night's watch.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
wouldn't it be funny if joffrey fired tywin?

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Funny that the imp will be marrying the whiny Stark girl. When's he going to take a stand against daddy?

Why do you say she's whiny? She's been slapped around pretty good, watched her father die, saw his head on a spike, lost her wolf, hasn't seen her mother in years, almost got gang raped...she even tried to kill Joffrey on that ledge. She's no Ayra for sure, but she's doing pretty well for herself all things considered.

Name a Stark (besides Ned) that's had it worse than her.

You big heartless meanie. ;-)

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wouldn't it be funny if joffrey fired tywin?

Is that even a remote possibility or are you teasing a spoiler? Speaking of cheeky... ;-)

I would think Tywin would lock his ass in the dungeon, if he didn't just murder him outright, and then put his little brother on the throne.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you say she's whiny? She's been slapped around pretty good, watched her father die, saw his head on a spike, lost her wolf, hasn't seen her mother in years, almost got gang raped...she even tried to kill Joffrey on that ledge. She's no Ayra for sure, but she's doing pretty well for herself all things considered.

Name a Stark (besides Ned) that's had it worse than her.

You big heartless meanie. ;-)
All her lines seem to be accompanied with a certain whininess. Not one of my favorite characters.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
The old commander (now with Dany) was the first member of the King's Guard to ever be "retired" so I'm guessing the loss of a limb isn't an exception to the oath. But that's just conjecture; who knows what Daddy has planned for stump-boy if/when he gets him back. I think he might be warming up to Brianne's big howyadoin's and what not; and if so, Pops might ship him off to the night's watch.
Why were they turned over to Bolton? He doesn't seem to be interested in keeping them as prisoners so I'm guessing he's just going to let them go.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Is that even a remote possibility or are you teasing a spoiler? Speaking of cheeky... ;-)

I would think Tywin would lock his ass in the dungeon, if he didn't just murder him outright, and then put his little brother on the throne.

no teasing, but if joffrey wanted to, he could. he's the king and tywin is the hand.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why were they turned over to Bolton? He doesn't seem to be interested in keeping them as prisoners so I'm guessing he's just going to let them go.

Remember when Robb explained why he insisted on dragging Jamie around instead of locking him up in some allied stronghold/castle dungeon? He knew that if any of his bannermen got ahold of the king slayer, they'd either kill him outright or switch over to the Lannister's side.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no teasing, but if joffrey wanted to, he could. he's the king and tywin is the hand.

Joffrey is too concerned with picking out clothes and killing things to care what his Gramps is doing anyway. But since Tywin always seems to be 3 steps ahead of every plot, I'm guessing he'd snuff Joffrey quicker than a Baratheon bastard.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if tywin took away joffrey's crossbow/sex substitute, there's no telling what joffrey would do

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think they were just turned over to Bolton because he was in command at Harrenhal with Robb heading over to Riverrun for that funeral.

Concievably the guys who caught Jaime and Brienne went to Harrenhal assuming Robb was there but found Bolton in command.

I figured at first Bolton is simply honorable like Ned Stark and although he has to hold Jaime and Brienne he wants to treat them with more respect than the rapist dudes did, however I remember he was the one proposing "A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none" and Robb had to lay down the law of no torture with Bolton. So it is an interesting question, perhaps he knows Tywin will come calling and if hes gonna jump ship its better Jaime thinks of him as having treated him kindly rather than being a douche.

I am eager to see how it all plays out, who knows (aside from everyone here who has read the books already) :lol:

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I think they were just turned over to Bolton because he was in command at Harrenhal with Robb heading over to Riverrun for that funeral.

Concievably the guys who caught Jaime and Brienne went to Harrenhal assuming Robb was there but found Bolton in command.

I figured at first Bolton is simply honorable like Ned Stark and although he has to hold Jaime and Brienne he wants to treat them with more respect than the rapist dudes did, however I remember he was the one proposing "A naked man has few secrets, a flayed man has none" and Robb had to lay down the law of no torture with Bolton. So it is an interesting question, perhaps he knows Tywin will come calling and if hes gonna jump ship its better Jaime thinks of him as having treated him kindly rather than being a douche.

I am eager to see how it all plays out, who knows (aside from everyone here who has read the books already) :lol:

They went to Harrenhal because it was the closest Stark encampment with a lord to turn him over to.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when Robb explained why he insisted on dragging Jamie around instead of locking him up in some allied stronghold/castle dungeon? He knew that if any of his bannermen got ahold of the king slayer, they'd either kill him outright or switch over to the Lannister's side.

They went to Harrenhal because it was the closest Stark encampment with a lord to turn him over to.
Why do you suppose those bad guys didn't keep them to themselves and get some money out of the deal?

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you suppose those bad guys didn't keep them to themselves and get some money out of the deal?

Because they are beholden to the castle of their home. The guy that cut Jamie's hand off even asked him; "how will I spend your money when Robb Stark has my head?"

Or words to that affect.

Those guy aren't the "far flung from home" types out looking for a better deal; they serve the lord of the keep or they don't eat.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Very well. Got that whole thing cleared up. I think I'll sleep better now.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you take Dragons north of the wall and they get killed by White Walkers can they become White Walker Dragons? That would be terrifying..... you could not kill them with fire.... so... yikes.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
here is the big climax I am envisioning in book 7: somebody wargs a dragon, but can't "log out", in effect becoming the dragon

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Theres a twist.... warg one of Dany's dragons and see if she really can handle the fire lol

Or maybe the wildling guy wargs one of the dragons and Bran wargs one of the others.... Dragon fight night lol