CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

PREVIEW: Blackhawks Host Hurricanes on Wednesday Night​

Chicago, Carolina meet for second time in six days at the United Center​

by Carter Baum @CarterBaum

cut.png

TIME: 7:30 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH+ | RADIO: WGN 720 AM & TUDN 1200 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
Fresh off the first win of the season, the Blackhawks host the Carolina Hurricanes on Wednesday night at the United Center. It's the second meeting in six days for the two teams and the final matchup of the season (TICKETS).

TEAM RECORDS

• CHI: 1-7-2, 4 PTS
  • CAR: 8-0-0, 16 PTS

HOW TO WATCH

Can't make it to the United Center? Don't miss a minute of the action with Chris Vosters and Colby Cohen on NBC Sports Chicago+. Caley Chelios joins Pat Boyle for pre and postgame coverage beginning at 7 p.m. Viewers in the Chicago area can stream the game on the MyTeamsApp, while out of market fans can stream on ESPN+.
You can also listen to the game on WGN Radio with John Wiedeman and Paul Caponigri on the call, as well as the Spanish broadcast on TUDN Univision Sports Radio 1200 AM with Miguel Esparza and Jorge Moreno.

VS. CAROLINA

The Blackhawks and Hurricanes close out their season slate on Wednesday night. Carolina took a 6-3 victory on Friday night in Raleigh. Alex DeBrincat scored a goal and has a point (8G, 4A) in nine of his last 10 games against the Hurricanes, including the game-winning goal in overtime on May 6 in Carolina last season.
Carolina is the only remaining team in the NHL with a perfect record to start the season and has allowed the fewest goals against (12) of any team. Friday was the second time all season the Hurricanes allowed three goals in a game, the Blackhawks doing so for the first time since Carolina's opening game of the year.

COMING BACK

The Blackhawks added Patrick Kane back to the lineup ahead of Monday's contest following a 10-day stint on the COVID-19 Protocol list, and on Tuesday added Riley Stillman and Jujhar Khaira back to the active roster as well. All assistant coaches that were in protocol have returned to the team as well.
The only player remaining in COVID-19 Protocol is Henrik Borgstrom, who entered on Oct. 26.

HAT TRICK KANE

Kane notched his seventh career hat trick and registered his 16th career game with four or more points (3G, 1A) on Monday night against the Senators. Only eight U.S.-born players in National Hockey League history have recorded more hat tricks than Kane.
Most Hat Tricks, U.S.-Born Player
Pat LaFontaine (13)
John LeClair (11)
Joe Mullen (11)
Kevin Stevens (11)
Jimmy Carson (10)
Jeremy Roenick (10)
Bill Guerin (9)
Keith Tkachuk (9)
Patrick Kane (7)

MILESTONE MAN

In the process, he passed Steve Larmer for sole possession of third on the Blackhawks' all-time goals list with 408 career tallies and also passed Denis Savard for third on the club's all-time points list with 1,097. Only Stan Mikita (541 goals, 1,467 points) and Bobby Hull (604 goals, 1,153 points) are ahead of No. 88 in goals and points.
On Wednesday night, Kane is set to tie Hull for fourth all-time in franchise game played as he skates in game 1,036.

cut.jpg

Kane earns belt postgame​

FOLLOW THE LEADER
Jonathan Toews had three assists and went 12-for-15 (80 percent) at the faceoff dot on Monday night. It was the fifth time in his career that he had three or more points and won at least 80% of his draws in a game. He is sixth in the league this year winning a career-high 61.1% at the faceoff circle (min. 100 faceoffs). His 198 faceoffs taken are fifth in the NHL.

DYNAMIC DUO

Kane and Toews each collected at least three points in the same game for the 13th time since they made their NHL debuts on Monday night.

HELPING HAND

Seth Jones picked up his team-leading eighth assist against the Senators. His eight helpers share third among league blueliners and eighth among all skaters.
The Arlington, Texas native is currently eighth in the NHL averaging 25:46 of time on ice,

SPECIAL TEAMS

The Blackhawks went 4-for-4 on the penalty kill on Monday night against the Senators. Chicago currently ranks fifth in the NHL in penalty kill percentage, killing 88.6 percent of opponent power plays this season.
The Blackhawks scored their 10th power-play goal against Ottawa, a total that shares second in the NHL. Their 26.3 PP% shares sixth in the league. Alex DeBrincat's three power-play markers share third in the league.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Hoping that last win can kickstart something here.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Hoping that last win can kickstart something here.

Not me, time to stay in the tank, we need a top-2 draft slot.

This season was stillborn in terms of competing in the playoffs, a rebuild needs a future franchise cornerstone.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Not me, time to stay in the tank, we need a top-2 draft slot.

This season was stillborn in terms of competing in the playoffs, a rebuild needs a future franchise cornerstone.
Yeah I get that, but I can't actively and genuinely root against them. The only way I could even attempt to do that is if I stop watching every single game and I just decide I don't give a shit at all -- I'd rather root for them.

If a tank happens though, I wouldn't be upset. If it happens, it happens.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks looking to extend their longest winning streak of the season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Homer sign-up sheet.

Who thinks we can win this on our momentum?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like I said, sign right up.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What the fuck is Detroit style pizza and who would want to eat that garbage bullshit?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just think we of all teams know what power this Hurricanes team carries while they defend this streak.

We saw this movie. It will take a great effort to beat them barely.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane with just the tip.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I just think we of all teams know what power this Hurricanes team carries while they defend this streak.

We saw this movie. It will take a great effort to beat them barely.
A full 60mins, can’t let up.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Debrincat drops the deuce!