GDT - Hawks @ Hurricanes 6:00 cst

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cut.png

TIME: 6 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH | RADIO: WGN 720 AM | STREAM: MyTeamsApp (In Market) & ESPN+ (Out of Market)
The Blackhawks open their second back-to-back of the season on Friday night as they take on the Carolina Hurricanes in the first meeting of the year. Chicago will travel to St. Louis to face the Blues on Saturday night to complete the two-game trek.

TEAM RECORDS
  • CHI: 0-5-2, 2 PTS
  • CAR: 6-0-0, 12 PTS

• HOW TO WATCH
Don't miss a minute of the action with Pat Foley and Eddie Olczyk on NBC Sports Chicago. Colby Cohen joins Pat Boyle in studio for pre and postgame coverage beginning at 5:30 p.m. Viewers in the Chicago area can stream the game on the MyTeamsApp, while out of market fans can stream on ESPN+.
You can also listen to the game on WGN Radio with John Wiedeman and Paul Caponigri on the call.

OPPOSITE ENDS

The Blackhawks remain in search of their first win on the season, one of two teams without a victory through the opening two-plus weeks of the year (Arizona, 0-6-1). The Hurricanes are at the other end of the NHL standings as one of two teams with a perfect record to start the year (Florida, 7-0-0).
Carolina has allowed a league-low eight goals in total this season over their first six games and their 25 goals scored are tied for seventh.

KIRBY FULLY LOADED

Third-year forward Kirby Dach scored his third goal of the year on Wednesday night, topping the two he registered in 18 games last season.
Dach recorded a three-game point streak (2G, 1A) from Oct. 15-19. His career long is five games, which he accomplished twice during his rookie season. Dach netted a goal in consecutive games (Oct. 15 and 16) for the first time since his rookie season (Nov. 10 and Nov. 13, 2019).
The forward shares 10th in the league with seven takeaways this year, including registering a season high of three on Sunday.

MARATHON MAN

Seth Jones' 28:11 of total ice time on Wednesday night was the second time this season in which he has played 28:00 or more in a single game. The other instance came on opening night (Oct. 13) when he skated in 28:19 of ice time in Colorado. His 26:14 of average time on ice this season is fifth in the NHL and would mark a new career high. His previous career best was 25:49 of time on ice during the 2018-19 season with the Blue Jackets. Duncan Keith paced the club in average TOI in each of the past 16 seasons.
Jones tallied his first multi-point effort (2A) as a Blackhawk against the Maple Leafs to extend his point streak (4A) to three games. He has a point (6A) in five of his last six games. His six helpers share 10th in the league.

ONE TIMERS

Jake McCabe blocked a career-high seven shots on Wednesday night against the Maple Leafs. He blocked six shots in a game on two separate occasions while a member of the Buffalo Sabres.
Connor Murphy logged four hits vs. Toronto. It was the fourth consecutive game he has notched three or more hits.

LAYING THE LUMBER

The Blackhawks logged 41 hits on Sunday against the Red Wings, their most in a single game since Oct. 27, 2019 against the LA Kings dating back to the 2011-12 campaign. Since that season, Chicago has notched 40 or more hits in a game on just three occasions. The 41 hits against Detroit share fifth for most hits in a single game this year.

500 CLUB

Connor Murphy skated in his 500th career NHL game on Sunday vs. Detroit. He joined his father, Gord (862 games played) in reaching the milestone. The Murphys are at least the 17th father-son duo to each play 500 NHL games. Their 1,363 combined games played would put them 13th on the all-time list.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Bulls finally lose, that means hawks finally win.

4-2 penis.

DaHawkz24

Liked Posts:
kane still out. I actually dont mind if they lose to get us another step closer to a real GM and coach

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
kane still out. I actually dont mind if they lose to get us another step closer to a real GM and coach
The team will be getting a real GM either way and when that happens JC will be gone.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hagel-Storm!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
...that was quick.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're...we're...not good.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Touchdown Carolina

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I guess I was wrong, hawks aren’t winning this one.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There goes my call.
This is a fucking disgrace.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears