George McCaskey interview on the Bears

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Vertical_Football_0.jpg

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
George McCakey does not care about, or does not know, about the playoffs.

I did some looking at the Bears playoff record in the last 20 years that I will be posting.

The McCaskeys care about business ops and that is about it.

Yeah but geez they'd make more money if the team was better off.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kraft and a lot of these owners are hard core, cut your throat businessmen.

You cannot tell me that the Bears are not run like a mom and pop corner store in comparison to a team like that Patriots.

what exactly do you think mccaskey should be doing that he is not doing?

MIKETOUHY

Liked Posts:
Educated fan with standards.

The McCaskeys make a living off of people living in 1985 and not educating themselves to how pathetic this team has become since that time.

If this team was not in Chicago with their record they would be not even close to as popular or profitable.

What the hell do you mean by that?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
George is the same shit as before moron. This organization is on the level of the browns and jaguars.

Look at the GM they hired -he wasn't interviewed by any other team with a GM vacancy and he was LAUGHED at by others at the combine when he said he was the new Bears GM. He hired a CFL coach. He forced the new coaches to take Lovie staff. Yay for dumpster diving.

The CFL coach who was "highly regarded" by higher ups in the organization. I wonder who?

And the accountant is still leader of football operations.

Care to prove any of this bullshit???

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Educated fan with standards.

The McCaskeys make a living off of people living in 1985 and not educating themselves to how pathetic this team has become since that time.

If this team was not in Chicago with their record they would be not even close to as popular or profitable.

Was that a shot at chicagoans? I also don't think you understand how revenue sharing works

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
First off George Halas was irrelevant and inept his last 18 years of running the Bears. The modern NFL left him in the dust.

Had Mugsy Halas lived these McCaskey clowns would have never had any involvement at all in running this team. Mugsy Halas was no genius but at least he had enough sense to go behind his senile Dads back and hire Jim Finks and then get out of the way.

The McCaskeys have been horrific stewards of this gift they inherited. Their only credentials are being in the lucky sperm club. They have no clue how to build sustained success.

I don't agree about the 18 year statement. I do agree that he hung on too long. But he did hire some good people through the years. He didn't do enough in his lastyears to update their offense with quality offensive guys. But like I said, he was great compared to what happened when the McCaskeys took over.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Care to prove any of this bullshit???

Which part of it? That he wasn't interviewed by anyone else? That's common knowledge and I'm not going to fish out 3 year old articles for that.

What other part did you want proving anyway? The rest of it has been posted in articles in the past 5 days on this board. Go look at the "we should've signed arians" thread. I'm not making shit up for the lulz, although they do bring the lulz

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I told you already once before, you work for the fucking bears asshole, stay the fuck out of my quotes....I don't give a shit what you as a McCaskey family member thinks....GOT IT!!....GET IT!!

So I work for the Bears and am a member of the McCaskey's? Spoken like a troll who can't articulate legitimate arguments.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Which part of it? That he wasn't interviewed by anyone else? That's common knowledge and I'm not going to fish out 3 year old articles for that.

What other part did you want proving anyway? The rest of it has been posted in articles in the past 5 days on this board. Go look at the "we should've signed arians" thread. I'm not making shit up for the lulz, although they do bring the lulz

So to answer SlickWilly's question, no you won't care to prove any of the bullshit you posted?

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
So to answer SlickWilly's question, no you won't care to prove any of the bullshit you posted?

No I won't care. Don't feel like it. Most of us have read the articles. They're not conspiracy theories lol. Go look them up yourself.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
No I won't care. Don't feel like it. Most of us have read the articles. They're not conspiracy theories lol. Go look them up yourself.

In other words you can't because it is indeed bullshit.

proton

Liked Posts:
I don't agree about the 18 year statement. I do agree that he hung on too long. But he did hire some good people through the years. He didn't do enough in his lastyears to update their offense with quality offensive guys. But like I said, he was great compared to what happened when the McCaskeys took over.

No he actually wasn't

After the 63 Championship when Halas inexplicably failed to hire his defensive coordinator and man largely credited with coaching the team to the 63 championship George Allen as the new head coach, things were pretty awful and remained that way until Mugsy Halas went against his fathers wishes and hired Jim Finks. Jim Finks then went on to hire good people in the front office and scouting who were subsequently fired by the McCaskeys in the mid to late 80's in cost cutting moves. I started following the Bears in 63 when I was 7 years old. That's why I know Halas sucked his last 18 years as owner. Any credit you want to give for the success in the mid to late 80's should go to Mugsy Halas for hiring Jim Finks and Jim Finks. All Ditka had to do was show up and coach with the talent they had assembled.

Can't help but think had Mugsy Halas lived the Bears franchise would have had much more sustained success.

So exactly which of these head coaches were good Halas hires?

1978-1981 Neil Armstrong 30-35-0
1975-1977 Jack Pardee 20-23-0
1972-1974 Abe Gibron 11-30-1
1968-1971 Jim Dooley 20-36-0
1964-1967 George Halas 26-27

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ok sure tell me what you want me to get an article for and I'll get it.

Try this:

1. do a hardrive search on your computer for "System32"

2. delete entire folder

3. sign back on to CCS and post any article you want

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
No he actually wasn't

After the 63 Championship when Halas inexplicably failed to hire his defensive coordinator and man largely credited with coaching the team to the 63 championship George Allen as the new head coach, things were pretty awful and remained that way until Mugsy Halas went against his fathers wishes and hired Jim Finks. Jim Finks then went on to hire good people in the front office and scouting who were subsequently fired by the McCaskeys in the mid to late 80's in cost cutting moves. I started following the Bears in 63 when I was 7 years old. That's why I know Halas sucked his last 18 years as owner. Any credit you want to give for the success in the mid to late 80's should go to Mugsy Halas for hiring Jim Finks and Jim Finks. All Ditka had to do was show up and coach with the talent they had assembled.

Can't help but think had Mugsy Halas lived the Bears franchise would have had much more sustained success.

So exactly which of these head coaches were good Halas hires?

1978-1981 Neil Armstrong 30-35-0
1975-1977 Jack Pardee 20-23-0
1972-1974 Abe Gibron 11-30-1
1968-1971 Jim Dooley 20-36-0
1964-1967 George Halas 26-27

Abe Gibron....:D

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
You fucking people are being such dolts right now it's bordering on insanity. Go read the entire interview and quit looking at everything through the "this FO/ownership will never get us where we want to go to!!!!" prism.

Fucking Christs sakes I thought Bears fans, or least those outside of the ones who post on the Bears facebook page, were smarter and more intelligent than that but apparently not.

So apparently being a homer is somehow synonymous with intelligence...interesting.