Get Over Arians Already

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Auto correct is far too annoying to be turned on here- I can live with a typo here or there if it means not having to undo auto correct mangling "Trestman" every time I type it.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From a chat with Michael C. Wright when he was asked about how successful Arians would have been here:

@mikecwright: What’s that cliché about hindsight? It’s so easy to look at Bruce Arians' 6-1 record in Arizona and dream about what could have been. But I’m a firm believer of another cliché: It’s about the Jimmys and Joes, not Xs and Os. That’s not to say Arians isn’t a better coach than Marc Trestman. I really don’t know. But what I do know is it would be overly simplistic to try and compare what Arians and Trestman have done over their respective tenures because there are too many other dynamics at play. Obviously, the personnel in Arizona and Chicago are different and roster turnover rates at the respective franchises aren’t the same either. Also, you’ve got to remember that Arizona had been horrible for quite a while, meaning the Cardinals probably have more high picks than the Bears. That’s not even getting into the differences in the coaching staffs top to bottom. In my estimation, something as seemingly insignificant as a strength and conditioning staff could truly be a difference maker between what might be going on with one ballclub compared to the next. So while it would be easy for me to say the Bears would be better off with Arians, you could truly be able to say that only if he were placed in the exact same situation as Trestman and flourished.

That alone makes him a moron.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
thats basically a really really long winded way of saying " maybe..... maybe not"

Referring to Michael C Wright quote.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
For all of this Arians love, I think Mike Pettine should be the COTY. Rookie coach - avoided popular opinion (Johnny Football), doing it with a bunch of no-names and with their best player suspended for the year and with some big injuries on o-line.

The fact that Cleveland is 5-3 and in the thick of things in a tough division suggests should earn Pettine some consideration.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
For all of this Arians love, I think Mike Pettine should be the COTY. Rookie coach - avoided popular opinion (Johnny Football), doing it with a bunch of no-names and with their best player suspended for the year and with some big injuries on o-line.

The fact that Cleveland is 5-3 and in the thick of things in a tough division suggests should earn Pettine some consideration.

Agreed, although it might take making the playoffs for that to happen. When was the last time the COTY's team missed the playoffs?

Holy shit. Browns are getting back Josh Gordon soon. Hoyer's looking consistent. Jordan Cameron can turn it on when healthy. Man, fuck the Browns. They're actually good.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Rodgers era isn't over. He'll get 1 or 2 more most likely. (unfortunately)

Not as long as Brady and manning are still in the league.

That is kinda interesting. We hear a lot of the GB being run so well with 20
years of two of the best qbs to ever play the game and only one SB for each.

Goes to show that it's a team game.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
yes. and wouldn't you expect the bears in that situation to go back to the last guy on the roster rather than actually try to improve?
It was an easy decision since Flynn new the playbook and coaching staff.

It was a fluke luxury that 31 other teams wouldn't have. Starter does down and the back up, who played with many of the same players and same coaching staff 18 months prior just happens to magically be available

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not as long as Brady and manning are still in the league.

That is kinda interesting. We hear a lot of the GB being run so well with 20
years of two of the best qbs to ever play the game and only one SB for each.

Goes to show that it's a team game.

Hard to win those Super Bowls. It really is a team game as you said. Both Rodgers and Farve won their championships when they had hot defenses. Same can be said for Manning(s), Brees and Brady. Maybe you do need more than a mediocre D to hoist that trophy...

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
You can't just take out the first three games. Also, three games is hardly enough to bitch about regressing. I might as well say "See the team is improving!" after the next win. Instead, look at season to season. They aren't playing well this year and no one is arguing that but don't be a dumbshit and make ridiculous arguments, as hard as that is for you.

Based on all the responses to your comment I'd say you're the only meatball who agrees with what you're saying. Not entirely surprising though.
ust wanted to bump this after reading a piece by Mike C Wright.

You are a fucking moron. Ted Phillips 10000% should be held accountable. Dude shouldn't be anywhere NEAR the footballl side of things.

@mikecwright When will Ted Phillips be held accountable for actions during his tenure with the Bears? #bearsmailbag
— GaryBusey'sTeeth (@GaryBuseyTeeth1) November 6, 2014

@mikecwright: That is a great question that unfortunately I don't have a good answer for. Ted Phillips played a key role in the Bears hiring Phil Emery, and obviously, you know what the general manager did in terms of firing Lovie Smith and bringing in Marc Trestman. The thing about Chicago's ownership is the group doesn't meddle, which can be both a positive and a negative. I think the best course of action for ownership is to hire football people to run the football side of things. Obviously, you know that Phillips isn't a football person. I certainly think Phillips should be held just as accountable by ownership as he and George McCaskey hold Emery and Trestman.