Giants Win The World Series!

NOT who do you want to win..Who do you think wins?

• Total voters

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
South burbs of Chicago.

Ah. Well, both are interesting teams. The Nats are actually good at baseball and the O's have been incredibly lucky and resilient.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ah. Well, both are interesting teams. The Nats are actually good at baseball and the O's have been incredibly lucky and resilient.
I mean, seeing the Yankees, Texas, SF, STL - all pretty vanilla as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather see the teams that don't necessarily got a lot of pub at the start of the season.

Which I suppose I could throw the Reds in there as well. So definitely Baltimore, but either Washington or Cincy.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Washington would be the first-ever World Series appearance for that franchise. I have an affinity for the Giants and A's and wouldn't mind seeing them as well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Washington would be the first-ever World Series appearance for that franchise. I have an affinity for the Giants and A's and wouldn't mind seeing them as well.
I've always liked the Giants, so it's not like I'd hate seeing them there. I just think it would be a lot cooler for Washington given the reasons you stated.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think fans outside of those fanbases would just enjoy some variety. Outside of the Cubs (and A's and Giants since I'm from CA) I usually root for individual players who I think are good at baseball. So for those reasons I would enjoy watching Texas or NYY, and ATL in the NL. But all the teams that are likely to make it to the playoffs right now have their good players. Even Detroit :cubstroll:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think fans outside of those fanbases would just enjoy some variety. Outside of the Cubs (and A's and Giants since I'm from CA) I usually root for individual players who I think are good at baseball. So for those reasons I would enjoy watching Texas or NYY, and ATL in the NL. But all the teams that are likely to make it to the playoffs right now have their good players. Even Detroit :cubstroll:
I get sick of the Yankees. Texas is alright, but I think having a DC metro series would be cool.

Where in CA are you from?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bay Area. Just east of Oakland.

My friend who went to Cal with me is from Baltimore and is an O's fan so he'd be happy with the DC series.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grumble. Detroit magic number down to 1.

Pittsburgh guaranteed another losing season.

Oakland can get within 1 of Texas if they can beat Seattle today and the Angels do their part against the Rangers tonight.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Bay Area. Just east of Oakland.

My friend who went to Cal with me is from Baltimore and is an O's fan so he'd be happy with the DC series.
I got family out in Santa Clara. My aunt is an A's fan, uncle is a Giants fan. Season tickets to both. Love going out that way and seeing both play.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I got family out in Santa Clara. My aunt is an A's fan, uncle is a Giants fan. Season tickets to both. Love going out that way and seeing both play.

A's need a new stadium, the Coliseum is an abomination even for Raiders games. Tell your uncle to write the Giants and tell them to stop being dicks :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
A's winning. Angels also winning. This is good.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
A's need a new stadium, the Coliseum is an abomination even for Raiders games. Tell your uncle to write the Giants and tell them to stop being dicks :lol:
LOL. Last time I saw him he was saying the A's were looking to build in Santa Clara. Not sure if that is still the case.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. Last time I saw him he was saying the A's were looking to build in Santa Clara. Not sure if that is still the case.

San Jose. The 49ers were considering a move to Santa Clara though. Giants won't budge from the territorial rights which is kinda screwing the A's. As a NL advocate I prefer the Giants but I believe what they are doing is very unfair to the A's.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
San Jose. The 49ers were considering a move to Santa Clara though. Giants won't budge from the territorial rights which is kinda screwing the A's. As a NL advocate I prefer the Giants but I believe what they are doing is very unfair to the A's.
Had the sports mixed up.......what do you mean by the territorial rights? That have to do with local tv markets?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Had the sports mixed up.......what do you mean by the territorial rights? That have to do with local tv markets?

I believe so. It involves a ton of legalese that I'm not as familiar with because I don't live there anymore, but my friends back there are annoyed about it.

Milwaukee eliminated.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Any hope for the Dodgers? Or are they done?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any hope for the Dodgers? Or are they done?

STL's magic number is 2 now. So the Dodgers pretty much have to win out. I think STL plays the Reds to close out the season so the Dodgers have to hope for a miracle here. Dodgers play the Giants and that's always a tough series.

Oakland just won. Angels beating up on the Rangers in the nightcap, A's can close within one game before they have to go into Texas.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darn Rangers, stop coming back :fist:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Angels mounted a comeback, now 8-7. Adrian Beltre hurt himself though. The Rangers might have a tougher time even if they make the playoffs.