Gipson re-signs with Bears

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't look into it THAT much, but I think it provides some consistency for Jackson, who would have been playing with his 4th SS in as many seasons if Gipson were not re-signed.

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
Bears would be wise to draft a rookie this yr in a deep safety class. someone who could provide flexibility to move off jackson in a year or two if need be

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bears would be wise to draft a rookie this yr in a deep safety class. someone who could provide flexibility to move off jackson in a year or two if need be
Not sure if bears can afford another safety if they need to re-sign Montgomery in a year or two.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's signings like these that shows PAce's value. Only issue is he'd be a near top tier GM, if his QB and 1st round picks worked out. But what would people have to complain about if he did that XD

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well Eddie Jackson was coming off a season where he was the best safety in the league and he got about two-thirds the guaranteed money Ezekiel Elliott received just a few months prior.
Eddie Jackson wasn't even close to being the best safety in the league in 2019. Try a year earlier.

He's consistently shown that he is nothing more than a product of the pass rush. Paying big money for a guy who is reliant on stupid QB throws is money poorly spent. Poor angles. Unwillingness to be physical in the run game. Dumb penalties. This guys contract cant be over soon enough.

Paying a guy a year late for production he doesn't even provide anymore. God bless Ryan Pace.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ryan Pace truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson wasn't even close to being the best safety in the league in 2019. Try a year earlier.

He's consistently shown that he is nothing more than a product of the pass rush. Paying big money for a guy who is reliant on stupid QB throws is money poorly spent. Poor angles. Unwillingness to be physical in the run game. Dumb penalties. This guys contract cant be over soon enough.

Paying a guy a year late for production he doesn't even provide anymore. God bless Ryan Pace.

I agree. Eddie Jackson sure ain't no Ezekiel Elliot.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
My God...Our team is gonna be lights out super this coming season

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would the people that are down on Eddie have a different oppinion if his two picks 6's didn't get called back for penalties? Just curious if that moves the needle for anyone.

And good signing. Glad Gipson is back
Nope. He avoids contact.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's signings like these that shows PAce's value. Only issue is he'd be a near top tier GM, if his QB and 1st round picks worked out. But what would people have to complain about if he did that XD
That's like saying my girlfriend would be a supermodel, only issues are her face and body.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

He was outstanding in 2018, though. Maybe it was a product of the pass rush but plenty of guys have great rushes in front of them and never put together the 2018 season he had. But yeah, good point Eddie Jackson was overpaid after what was a comparatively lackluster 2019 season. Still, the Bears made him the highest paid safety in the NFL and his contract is worth significantly less than Elliott's.