Give me five you're going to focus on Thursday night

Visionman

Liked Posts:
3. Ryan Nall. Another interesting guy that's had a strong camp. Figured he'd be at the end of the 53 until they drafted Kerrith Whyte. But still has a shot to make this team as a special teamer, RB, and potential to play some H-back/TE.
Has Whyte even been at camp? Dont think I've heard his name mentioned once. No idea why everyone just assumes he will have a roster spot...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To me, vanilla playcalling has nothing to do with whether or not he can accurately throw a football to his intended target.
I get what you're saying, but beyond accuracy one of his problems last year was seeing the field well at times, going through his progressions, and finding the open guy. Without actual playcalling, and Nagy scheming guys open, I take a lot of this with a grain of salt.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
1. Trubisky
2. David Montgomery
3. Will we have a TE this year?
4. Roquan progressing to the next level.
5. Javon Wims has got my attention because of two solid preseasons now. (I think he deserves a shot to be more of a focus.)

I left off the kickers because I think either way, Pineiro or Fry, we will be much better off at kicker this year without having to give Robbie Gould an insane amount of money.

I agree with your points but when it comes to the first week of preseason we aren’t going to see hardly any of 1-4.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
1. offense
2. defense
3. special teams
4. coaching
5. upper management

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I agree with your points but when it comes to the first week of preseason we aren’t going to see hardly any of 1-4.
I'm hoping we see at least a little of #2 :)

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
1 Montgomery.....Just need to see what he can do.

2 Wims…...Want to see his growth from last preseason.

3 Irving......See if he can challenge Lynch for that key backup spot behind Mack and Floyd.

4 Shelly.....We are hearing good things about him, now lets see if he can pass the eye test.

5 Denmark.....I know he is huge for a corner, but how quick is he.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm not worried about Ridley. I believe he can play whenever he gets healthy.

I don't think Ridley sees the field a lot this season barring a surprise cut/trade/injury to another WR

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
1. Nagy's playcalling, he regressed in the playoffs last year and if he regresses more in this game I'm throwing in on a fire Nagy billboard.
2. Shaheen's socks. With they match this time? If not I,m throwing in on a get rid of Shaheen billboard.
3. Cohen still short?? He had all offseason to work on that. Might throw in on a get tall Cohen billboard.
4. Pagonoa ? Good coach or a good place to get a pizza. Not sure.
5. TV I'm gonna focus on the TV during the game.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
All eyes should be on Adam Shaweenie. I'm curious to see how quickly he can refill and pass out Gatorade cups. I think with another year of karate chopping and his nose in the instruction manual he can be top five.

That and all the WR's. Chase will sling it and show us what we have.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I will be looking to see how f****ing mad @Grimson gets when the long snapping is subpar.
Only if Fry misses a kick.

Are they even going to let Fry kick in this game, or just cut him now and get it over with? LOL

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Ridley sees the field a lot this season barring a surprise cut/trade/injury to another WR

I agree. I have more confidence in putting Wims onto the field over a rookie. Especially given the rapport Trubisky has been showing with Wims in camp.

Last edited:

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m really interested to see if Irving and/or Fitts can take the next step, could make Floyds future questionable

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Exactly what has Ridley shown so far? Like all rookies, he is a question mark until he shows he can play in the NFL.
No! Ridley and Whyte, along with Hill, don't need to show anything. They made this roster on draft day, according to most ccs poster...

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Exactly what has Ridley shown so far? Like all rookies, he is a question mark until he shows he can play in the NFL.
Of course. But he seems to run some really solid routes. If he can digest Nagy's playbook, and develop some chemistry with Trubisky, I think he could be a solid contributor. Too early to tell, but I remain cautiously optimistic.