Donator
Liked Posts:
ALL-TIME LIST:

1. Cocoa Pebbles
2. Who fucking cares?
3. Eat oatmeal, bitch.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Eberflus has a Lovie-type feel to him. Nothing flashy or attention grabbing, but he gets the most out of his players and they respect him and enjoy playing for him. Getsy seemed to have plenty of people after him as well so there's reason for optimism. Their ability to coach is going to be put to the test this year with a roster that has average talent at best.

msadows

Liked Posts:
By "fancy way" do you mean in the native language where it became popular?

Its just sirloin w/ a fat cap, no?

So yea, I'd call that a fancy way of saying it, unless the cow is growing some special muscles in Brazil.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Its just sirloin w/ a fat cap, no?

So yea, I'd call that a fancy way of saying it, unless the cow is growing some special muscles in Brazil.
The point is that it became popular in Brazil, so they get to name it. Do you order steak and fries, or do you order steak frites?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
OP raises a valid question.

Right now, I have no reason to be optimistic. Poles only interviewed 3 coaches. Eberflus beating out Caldwell and Dan Quinn, both has-been retread coaching options isn't really impressive to me. Maybe if Poles actually conducted multiple interviews and Eberflus stood out enough to beat out young offensive minds for the job I'd have reason to hope. But he was simply the best of 3 defensive minded coaches. No reason to trust Poles judgement who hasn't done anything to this point.

Again, Eberflus a defensive minded coach for a team that needs to prioritize developing the franchise's most exciting young QB prospect it has ever had. And he hired Getsy as his OC. Why should I trust Getsy? He had Aaron Rodgers as QB, who only threw to one player Davante Adams...not sure Getsy was even needed there.

Add the fact we have added minimal talent to this team, and lost some nice pieces, why should anyone trust Eberflus at this point..He will have to prove his ball hawking defense will overcome all other issues.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have said that in scheme / play-calling ALONE it will be a big improvement over last year. And I agree 100%. Nagy did NOT support Fields, in any way, shape, or form. You said one, so I'm sticking to ONE. But I have other reasons to be optimistic.

lennybrisco

Liked Posts:
It depends what you want in a team but I can get behind what they appear to want to do - raise the floor of the team year in and year out.

So much of the NFL is out of your control - injuries, cap changes, players going off and demanding trades etc. The new regime seem to value getting the most out of what they can control which is how much effort players give and commitment to doing their job as best they can. You won't play if you don't meet the floor of our expectations. Often said, rarely enforced. Flus' former players seem to think he enforced this.

This gives you a team where even if talent falls off due to injury, FA etc. you should still have a floor of competence, effort and execution. And you don't need to pay through the nose for that. Then you just need a few players in the right positions to take you over the top - and those elite players don't need to compensate for others who are half-assing it or missing their assignments etc - making them even better.

Couple this with a scheme that is more 'plug and play' and coached well, where players can play fast and instinctively without lining up wrong, taking penalties, running the wrong routs, coverage breakdowns, missing easy tackles etc. A team that doesn't shoot themselves in the foot. Just with this, you can likely have a team that is often in contention and always has cap room to replenish and reward your best players who take you over the top.

Nagy was the opposite of this. Some players didn't seem to always give 100% - some didn't know what their assignment was half the time. Too many penalties, too many lazy reps, generally undisciplined. Think how much even last year's team would have improved if they just executed at 100% effort without the stupid errors. Bad coaching all around. Poles basically just said this at the owners' meetings when asked if they had done enough to bring in new talent.

I don't know if it will be successful or not. But I can get behind this strategy if that is what they are in fact doing.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Picanha is the most underrated cut of meat out there.
Is this a meat thread now? I used to love going to churrascarias (e.g. Fogo, Texas De Brazil, etc). But I don't eat like I did in my 20s - 30s now and feel like I'm wasting money if I can't eat an obnoxious amount of food. These days I mostly find the best prime meat I can find, sous vide and cook at home. Picanha is amazing for this.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Normal Person: "Man I could really go for a Banh Mi."

@msadows: "Don't you mean sandwich?"

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just bought some wagyu picanha online! I'm a fan of the Guga Foods youtube channel and he always raves about it.
Haha. Yeah. Guga and company can't stfu about picanha. What do you think ninja?

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I've liked what I've heard from Poles and Flus so far. I do not like how free agency has gone. I didn't want a big money signing this year, but I also have concerns about our OL and WR corps.

I want to be hopeful, but there's really no reason to have hope. The new FO and coaching staff haven't proven anything yet. I really wanted Brian Flores to be the next coach because I wanted someone with a track record of getting results. I'm undecided on Poles and Flus until we see some results.