Give Williams a USC WR?

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
I've always been in the camp of giving QB's a receiver they played with in college, just to get some similarity and improve their confidence with plays overall. I realize this is the NFL and that good QB's can play with anyone, but it doesnt hurt to add someone you've played with for years and can implement the playbook according to your comfort level with them. Of course this doesnt have to be a round one guy like they found in Bengals where Burrow and Chase were able to reconnect. Even a late round guy like Rice would really help this situation, for the two guys to get used to the playbook and know each others ability.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Many on here have talked of adding Rice later in the draft. Would be great, but also a luxury at this point. Depending on the route that the Bears go earlier on, this is a possible scenario and would give the Bears a pretty diverse and much improved WR room
Moore/Allen/Scott/Rice/etc

Alfredo6969

Liked Posts:
I've always been in the camp of giving QB's a receiver they played with in college, just to get some similarity and improve their confidence with plays overall. I realize this is the NFL and that good QB's can play with anyone, but it doesnt hurt to add someone you've played with for years and can implement the playbook according to your comfort level with them. Of course this doesnt have to be a round one guy like they found in Bengals where Burrow and Chase were able to reconnect. Even a late round guy like Rice would really help this situation, for the two guys to get used to the playbook and know each others ability.
CW is on lock with 2 of the best wr in the entire league! If he can't get it done with DJM and KA don't know about Rice making him better and that guy is a 7th rounder in mocks i seen.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Many on here have talked of adding Rice later in the draft. Would be great, but also a luxury at this point. Depending on the route that the Bears go earlier on, this is a possible scenario and would give the Bears a pretty diverse and much improved WR room

WR is def still a need, not a luxury. Taking one at #9 could be argued as a luxury tho.

I expect old man velus to be gone this year as a camp casualty unless he tears it up in preseason. Can't waste a roster spot on a guy who just is a kick returner in todays NFL.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
WR is def still a need, not a luxury. Taking one at #9 could be argued as a luxury tho.
Definitely a luxury at this point.

We've got Scott/Pettis/Jones Jr/Johnson behind Moore and Allen. None of these guys would be more than a 4th option in the passing game, possibly 5th if you include the running backs, maybe even 6th if you include Everett.

Considering Allen's age though, putting some talent in the pipeline from a deep class is definitely the smart move. Amon-Ra St. Brown was a 4th rounder not too long ago. So was Romeo Doubs. Nico Collins was a 3rd rounder. You can find real talent there.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

There is also the knock on Waldron that he doesn't use the #3 WR all that much, preferring 2 TE sets.

As others have said, its a luxury.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Definitely a luxury at this point.

We've got Scott/Pettis/Jones Jr/Johnson behind Moore and Allen. None of these guys would be more than a 4th option in the passing game, possibly 5th if you include the running backs, maybe even 6th if you include Everett.

Considering Allen's age though, putting some talent in the pipeline from a deep class is definitely the smart move. Amon-Ra St. Brown was a 4th rounder not too long ago. So was Romeo Doubs. Nico Collins was a 3rd rounder. You can find real talent there.
The Bears having 1 and 9 overall is a luxury. Take the BPA at 9 which looks like Nabers and Odunze could be at the top of the board and let Caleb grow with that player with Keenan Allen on the back 9.

This offense would have unlimited potential day fucking 1 with sustainability. I’m 🍆 is granite hard just thinking about it.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:
There is also the knock on Waldron that he doesn't use the #3 WR all that much, preferring 2 TE sets.

this is not a real thing that exists. last year without looking this up i am confident in saying that the seattle wr 3 was near top of the league for yards and targets at wr 3. you just made this shit up entirely. they drafted their wr 3 in the top half of the first round for gods sake

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
If they go DE at 9 then a tradedown at 75 + Rice in the late 3rd makes a lot of sense for the Bears. If they get Odunze at 9 then no need.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

this is not a real thing that exists. last year without looking this up i am confident in saying that the seattle wr 3 was near top of the league for yards and targets at wr 3. you just made this shit up entirely. they drafted their wr 3 in the top half of the first round for gods sake
can we get a community notes on what this dumb fuck says from now on? he literally just comes up with shit off the top of his head based very, very loosely on shit he reads from other dumb fucks on twitter. it is getting out of hand. here, doofus, spin this one

1711384058266.png

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The Bears having 1 and 9 overall is a luxury. Take the BPA at 9 which looks like Nabers and Odunze could be at the top of the board and let Caleb grow with that player with Keenan Allen on the back 9.

This offense would have unlimited potential day fucking 1 with sustainability. I’m 🍆 is granite hard just thinking about it.
People act like Keenan Allen is on his deathbed and we don't have 9 picks next year, including two 2nd rounders. The only choice if we want to maximize our assets is an edge rusher opposite Sweat, cost-controlled for the entirety of Sweat's big contract.

If Allen is showing signs of slowing down this coming season (cause he sure didn't this last season) then we can spend our 1st rounder next year on a WR to complement Moore, who should be here and playing at a high level for the next 4 years.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I wasn't really impressed with any of the USC receivers when I was watching film on CW. Rice was a good 50/50 ball receiver (against Pac-12 defensive backs), but he's not very quick and often struggled to create separation, hence the need for the 50/50 balls.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Idt it’s a luxury they need the time to develop unless you get lucky with a star

Beardown34

Liked Posts:
I wasn't really impressed with any of the USC receivers when I was watching film on CW. Rice was a good 50/50 ball receiver (against Pac-12 defensive backs), but he's not very quick and often struggled to create separation, hence the need for the 50/50 balls.
I thought Tahj Washington looked quick and I like his tape.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I thought Tahj Washington looked quick and I like his tape.
I liked #16 better, too. He might get swallowed up by more physical NFL corners, but I like his shiftiness and toughness and tenacity. I also think he could be a really good NFL special teams player. He'll probably be like a 7th rounder or UDFA, but I like him as an NFL WR 4/5 and special teams guy.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
People act like Keenan Allen is on his deathbed and we don't have 9 picks next year, including two 2nd rounders. The only choice if we want to maximize our assets is an edge rusher opposite Sweat, cost-controlled for the entirety of Sweat's big contract.

If Allen is showing signs of slowing down this coming season (cause he sure didn't this last season) then we can spend our 1st rounder next year on a WR to complement Moore, who should be here and playing at a high level for the next 4 years.
Exactly. This is what you try to trade down for 2025 picks. Get the missing pieces next year. We are already in a good position when it comes to 2025 draft picks. Add one 1st or 2nd rounders by trading down slightly and draft one of the top 3 edges.

Add more by trading even more down into the 20s for Byron Murphy II. We made it work with 1 good DT and one good DE last year. Muprhy will replace Jones and we are back at it. Then pick up a 1 year deal with a FA DE.

If you don’t want to add future picks and add picks for this year’s draft, then you can go that route too. Depending on how the draft goes, I can see the Raiders or Jaguars wanting to trade up. Raiders would want a Qb before the Vikings pick one up. So they would want to trade with us. Jaguars may want to get the top CB or Bowers. And both of those teams give us a pick in the 40’s. They’d be the ones to trade with. Perfect position to get a Top 10 WR.

Either way, we are winning, We can’t lose.
1711387139027.gif

Swapped with the Jets for their 2nd. Traded with the Jaguars next and gained #48 pick. Looks good.

IMG_5795.jpeg

IMG_5794.jpeg

If we trade down just for picks, it can look like this.
IMG_5796.jpeg

Last edited: