Giving this team their props

R K

Bickell reminds me a lot like Brouwer in his first year. I've liked him since the first prospect camp though. I agree with his consistency and also agree a lot of that, like Brouwer, is the fact he's a rookie.

Ton

Liked Posts:
I agree with you on Bickell, PMXC. Although I must say I am happy with him, I do think he should be a bit more physical. That said he is a rookie, it is to be expected that he'll have inconsistent stretches.... Brouwer didn't enter the league smashing guys in the corners every game either.

I think overall, Bickell has more potential than Brouwer, if he can get his nose a bit more dirty he'll be a good package of finesse and physicality. Brouwer, IMO is more of a grinder due to his limited skill, with Bickells combination he can be more of a power forward. Big hopes from me but he is on the right track.

R K

I agree with you on Bickell, PMXC. Although I must say I am happy with him, I do think he should be a bit more physical. That said he is a rookie, it is to be expected that he'll have inconsistent stretches.... Brouwer didn't enter the league smashing guys in the corners every game either.

I think overall, Bickell has more potential than Brouwer, if he can get his nose a bit more dirty he'll be a good package of finesse and physicality. Brouwer, IMO is more of a grinder due to his limited skill, with Bickells combination he can be more of a power forward. Big hopes from me but he is on the right track.

I agree with this Tony.

Brouwer entered the league having had a 40 goal year in Norfolk, 35 goals in Rockford, coming from almost a 50 goal year in Jr's. That has yet to translate to this level, and by now, I'm not sure it will.

I think due to that expectations were higher for Brouwer than they are of Bickell. Just IMO. Both players work their ass off theres no doubt.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Looking at Bickell's career..drafted in 2004 -

03-04 - OHL - 59gms - 20g - 16a - 36pts

04-05 - OHL - 66gms - 22g - 32a - 54pts

05-06 - OHL - 67gms - 45g - 38a - 83pts

06-07 - AHL - 48gms - 10g - 15a - 25pts

07-08 - AHL - 73gms - 19g - 29a - 39pts

08-09 - AHL - 42gms - 6g - 8a - 14pts

09-10 - AHL - 65gms - 16g - 15a - 31pts

Seems like he misses alot of games...does he have a big injury history? I guess if they can get 15-20g out of him, seems to be his best production.

R K

Looking at Bickell's career..drafted in 2004 -

03-04 - OHL - 59gms - 20g - 16a - 36pts

04-05 - OHL - 66gms - 22g - 32a - 54pts

05-06 - OHL - 67gms - 45g - 38a - 83pts

06-07 - AHL - 48gms - 10g - 15a - 25pts

07-08 - AHL - 73gms - 19g - 29a - 39pts

08-09 - AHL - 42gms - 6g - 8a - 14pts

09-10 - AHL - 65gms - 16g - 15a - 31pts

Seems like he misses alot of games...does he have a big injury history? I guess if they can get 15-20g out of him, seems to be his best production.

Now compare those to Brouwers.

08-09 he had an injury and played a few games up here.

Last year he played 16 games up here.

One of those years I think he broke something too.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I realize Troy was more the goal scorer. I wasn't pointing out deficiancies with Bryan...that wasnt the point. To be honest, I didn't think he was a goal scorer but more of a grinder/tough guy...go to the net/corners hard. Hence...the reason I thought he was a "different player".

I didn't throw the NHL stats in there, based on 2gms here...10 here, etc...not too fair to base any points/production when its not regular shifts or anything for him.

R K

Bickells shot is something he worked in the short off season on. That wrister is something reletively new to his game.

which is good, because it shows he's still learning/adapting to the league and his skill level continues to improve.