Glennon Gone

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Absolutely this.

Lol...

Pace traded up to get a QB. He knew Glennon wasn’t shit. Obviously.

He offered the most money to a couple of guys and they went elsewhere. He took a shot with Glennon who had upside and sat behind Winston. Anyone who thinks this is some indictment on Pace and his evaluation skills is a moron.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
the Glennon contract did not prevent us from doing other things. we still had cap space. did he spend more than he needed to? probably, does it matter, no.

People act like money was stolen out of their wallets to pay for Glennon.

It was one year and the Bears are able to cleanly cut ties.

I couldn't agree more. Pace had to do something after releasing Cutler. He drafted a QB and signed a vet QB. He had to aggressively attack the QB position, and he did. If MG did even a little better, he would have done what he was brought in to do. Unfortunately, MG was worse then everyone thought he would be, probably even Pace.

MG also did not benefit of having a WR corps all while having a HS offensive scheme. Let's face it, most QB's would have looked pretty bad in our offense last year. People just need to move the fuck on!

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Don't hate on MG it's not his fault and why would he not take the deal Pace offered. This was 100% on Pace, so hate the right guy. Pace made a huge mistake. Scary bad mistake that makes me question our GMs evaluation ability.
Yup

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
But Glennon completely sucked balls while he was in there... so can we hate on him just a little?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you may not, in all fairness the guy needed time and games under center to adjust to a new system and team. He sucked but it's really not a fair shot he got. Bad play calling and no WRs with a hot shot rookie that will take your job no matter what you do. Just saying lol. Look Pace paid him very well not based on talent, but based on how hard he was gonna fk him and I think that was classy of Pace to pony up.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Just because his contract is easy to get out of doesn't justify the fact that he is absolute trash and we had no business ever even looking his way in the first place. There were much better options for less.

Hated the signing from the very beginning and I'm glad this dork is long gone. He will be lucky to sniff backup next year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
the Glennon contract did not prevent us from doing other things. we still had cap space. did he spend more than he needed to? probably, does it matter, no.

People act like money was stolen out of their wallets to pay for Glennon.

It was one year and the Bears are able to cleanly cut ties.

It is not the money spent that bothers me, it the fact Pace thought he was worth 18 mil. It's Pace's judgment on MG is what bothers people. It's a swing and a miss but it aint killing us.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is not the money spent that bothers me, it the fact Pace thought he was worth 18 mil. It's Pace's judgment on MG is what bothers people. It's a swing and a miss but it aint killing us.

What if they signed him for 8 million and released him?

would everything be hunky dory? People are taking it as a personal affront that Pace paid Glennon 18 million for one year.....

It was part of a larger plan to get Trubisky. And if Trubisky turns out to be the real deal, it was all worth it......

What if Pace only paid 8 million to Glennon or didn't even get Glennon.....and another team drafted Trubisky over the Bears........would fans be high fiving each other because the Bears didn't spend that extra few million and the McCaskey's pocketed the money? Would DezBears be posting the "At Least we Saved the McCaskey's 18 Million Dollars Mock Draft"?

Pace was playing the long game and spent the extra money to increase his odds of getting Trubisky..........Did he over spend? yes we can all agree on that. But if Trubisky works out, it will look like a stroke of genius......AND THE 18 MILLION WON'T FUCKING MATTER.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
so.....did it cause them problems with the cap.......did it preclude them from signing another player.......are the Bears stuck with a bad contract.....what do you care if it was 8 million vs 18 million......

and Glennon was not generally considered lousy.....he had potential upsaide that was not realized after about 4 games.....
Glennon was not in the Bears future at all......anyone with half a brain could see this......what does it matter to you that they overpaid for it for one year?

Spin it any way you wish. It’s still stupid as hell. Why not just save that money for a team doing nothing but finishing in last place again?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol...

Pace traded up to get a QB. He knew Glennon wasn’t shit. Obviously.

He offered the most money to a couple of guys and they went elsewhere. He took a shot with Glennon who had upside and sat behind Winston. Anyone who thinks this is some indictment on Pace and his evaluation skills is a moron.

Oh, yes, the moron doth decree “you’re a moron if you don’t think like me. “

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just because his contract is easy to get out of doesn't justify the fact that he is absolute trash and we had no business ever even looking his way in the first place. There were much better options for less.

Hated the signing from the very beginning and I'm glad this dork is long gone. He will be lucky to sniff backup next year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

not completely disagreeing, but what QBs available for less would have given us an appearance of signing a long term starter? Remember the QB the Bears signed ould have to look like we were getting our long term answer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spin it any way you wish. It’s still stupid as hell. Why not just save that money for a team doing nothing but finishing in last place again?

I didn't know you'd be shilling for the McCaskeys to save money.................

when the fuck did the CCS turn into penny pinchers trying to save the McCaskeys money?

what the fuck is wrong with all of you?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't know you'd be shilling for the McCaskeys to save money.................

when the fuck did the CCS turn into penny pinchers trying to save the McCaskeys money?

what the fuck is wrong with all of you?

Should get what you pay for.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think some of you are ignoring the fact that not only did he sign Glennon, he also OVERPAID by millions for him. The reports were that no one else offered him over 11 million.

I’m all for smoke screens but Damn!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, yeah. Adopt some crazy narrative to make it sound good. That’s what 5 year olds do.

I find it amusing that you are playing ignorant about this.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some of you are ignoring the fact that not only did he sign Glennon, he also OVERPAID by millions for him. The reports were that no one else offered him over 11 million.

I’m all for smoke screens but Damn!

I think that is the biggest critisicm. He could have paid a few million less.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think that is the biggest critisicm. He could have paid a few million less.

Agreed, I don’t care about saving the McCaskey’s especially at the prices they charge for their product, but to hear guys like Stephon Gillmore say he wishes the Bears would have made a more serious offer shows where a couple of those millions could have been spent.