GMFB: Nate "explains" Why Justin Fields will be Bears starting QB in Week 1?

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
So, two things: Bears fans are all over this video with comments. Hilarious how active we are.
*Spoiler alert* Kay Adams is in the Bears sweatshirt this time.

I really am leaning towards the reality that Fields is not starting the year. If he really blows everyone away during TC, then maybe, but Nate made a good point about Nagy not wanting to play people in the preseason, so maybe he doesn't play Fields then? I don't know.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it was a typical training camp and preseason, I would say he would have a better chance at starting week 1. Without it, Dalton is going to be out there and as soon as he sucks, the call for a switch will start

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If Dalton doesn't play well, the locker room is going to demand Fields. But Nagy will hold off on throwing him out there for as long as he can per his interviews.

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I am planning to go to Vegas for the week 17 game - so it will be win-win .... if dalton is starting it means the game is meaningful and Bears are going to playoffs .... if Bears are out of it, then for sure Fields will start so I get to see the rookie vs. team with bad pass D so it should be fun

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't stomach that show. If Drakaar Noir was a talk show.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I am planning to go to Vegas for the week 17 game - so it will be win-win .... if dalton is starting it means the game is meaningful and Bears are going to playoffs .... if Bears are out of it, then for sure Fields will start so I get to see the rookie vs. team with bad pass D so it should be fun

So you have a pre-release of the schedule?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If it was a typical training camp and preseason, I would say he would have a better chance at starting week 1. Without it, Dalton is going to be out there and as soon as he sucks, the call for a switch will start
All indicators are that it will be a full camp this year.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you think the week 17 game will be in Vegas?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Why do you think the week 17 game will be in Vegas?
I’ve heard many say this. Perception is all of the games added for the 17th game will be played the last week of the season. No idea if it’s accurate or not.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I’ve heard many say this. Perception is all of the games added for the 17th game will be played the last week of the season. No idea if it’s accurate or not.

Never heard that anywhere....and highly doubt that happens as it would mean

The entire nfc visiting the entire afc
And
The elimination of division games only on last week of season

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If it was 2020, maybe, but the camp and preseason games will run a lot more normal this year.

Let's be honest here. If Fields is anywhere near what many of you says he is, he's already better than Dalton. Like Nate said, its not like Dalton is the team vet that already knows the playbook. Fields will be a few months behind in that regard, but they're both brand new in playing with this offense. They both have to gel with the current players.

And frankly, what is Nagy gonna do...hide both of them in the 3 preseason games and just roll Foles out there? Yeah right. Maybe the 3rd game.

I think whoever looks more ready to lead this offense in those 2 preseason games starts week 1, and I'm 99% sure its Fields.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
If the Bears are headed towards the playoffs in Week 17, it means Fields came in and put them there far before that game. You guys really think Dalton is taking this team on a run? Come on.