Go Big or Go Home Mock Offseason - Watson Edition

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Welcome to mock drafting. You must be new to the internet.

yeah, I get that, but when you stack one unlikely possibility on top of another, then triple down and put those on top of yet another.......fuck,. what is the point?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Anytime someone can mock Watson to the Bears, I'm all eyes. That said, the Broncos need secondary help like nobody's business and will draft one, maybe two of them in the first three rounds.

That said, I like it.
Who is that dude on the ESPN radio station there? The guy who played the clip of him going after Elway a few years back. D.B. or something.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This mock, I like it more, just from the stance that this I feel is the reason the Bears kept Pace and Nagy in place to try and win now. As much as people may dislike the move, the reasoning behind it is sound... to them. They go to the playoffs. Though the strength of teams beaten is VERY questionable outside of the Bucs. Even in 18, I don't think they beat too many playoff strong teams that year.

Rams, Vikings and Seahawks everyone else was under .500.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't see that trade happening. I also don't see Allen Robinson signing that deal. But I'd be stoked if it worked out like that.

greg23

Liked Posts:
I mean shit....just wait until the chiefs lose the super bowl, get no pressure on Brady, mahomes throws a pick and hill drops a few passes.

Mack to kc
Robinson tag and trade to kc
Fools to kc

Mahomes to chi
Hill to chi
Kc #1 to chi

Boom

Like our chances!!!!

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is that dude on the ESPN radio station there? The guy who played the clip of him going after Elway a few years back. D.B. or something.
Dmac and he's flipping hilarious. Listen to a portion of his show nearly every day.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Need to call this the ifs, buts, and nuts mock offseason. Fuller might not agree to that extension, Denver might not want Mack at that price, and lastly, the Texans may have a better offer of decide not to trade Watson at all.

Pipe dream really.
I don't think you understand 'mock'. Nothing was unreasonable though all not especially likely.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also entering his age twenty-nine season, which is typically right around the time his position group starts to really fall off. Injuries have been a growing problem for him. Statistical production isn't there, which doesn't matter to me but does affect his perception around the league. Oh, he's also one of the three highest paid defenders in the entire NFL still.

My guess is you maybe get that second for him from a team who thinks Mack can be part of a broader all-in push. Realistically though more like a third. Certainly not a top ten pick with another second rounder attached. I admire you trying to find a way to make a Watson deal something other than a suicide pill but I'm not sure there is a way.

Umm, his perception around the league is high given he still made the Pro Bowl and All Pro teams. Last I checked that means players, coaches and NFL writers still think he is one of the best Edge players in the NFL which is also supported by PFF. These guys watch tape and have to play against him. They aren't just looking at sack totals. Pass rushers always have value.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't see that trade happening. I also don't see Allen Robinson signing that deal. But I'd be stoked if it worked out like that.

Think this is an issue of forest from the trees. The overarching point is there will be trade options for Mack. Whether it's Fangio and the broncos or perhaps the Jets if they stick with Darnold offer their 2nd 1st round pick or the Dolphins looking to build on the No 1 D by adding more pass rush offering 18, I think Mack's value to the rest of the league is higher than Bears fans just looking at stats.

As for ARob, even if we surmise he won't accept 16 million a year then you still have the option to franchise him as I doubt he is going to sit out a year when he can increase his value further with a year of Watson throwing to him. Or you just say fuck it and give him the 18 million a year because the deal I gave him still left 18 million in cap space after signing ARob. So the reality is if you think ARob will want more then just give it to him and the effect is your 2021 cap goes from say 18 million to what 17 million and your 2022 cap drops but you will still have a fuck ton of cap space left. Or you can just sign another WR that is going to accept 16 million per or less. With Watson, there will be WR talent willing to come to Chicago.

The point wasn't to say these are the deals that have to be made but to just illustrate we have options to create more draft capital and if we were to get Watson we would likely sign a vet WR whether that is ARob or someone else.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think we could get a 1st for Mack but 9 seems unlikely. I would be thrilled even without getting the 2nd round added.

Still think that us giving 1st rounders this year, 2022 and 2023 with a 2nd thrown in and Roquan and Johnson is a VERY strong offer. The Texans also gotta assume our 1st rounder in 2022 is a top 10 pick with our depleted defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think we could get a 1st for Mack but 9 seems unlikely. I would be thrilled even without getting the 2nd round added.

Still think that us giving 1st rounders this year, 2022 and 2023 with a 2nd thrown in and Roquan and Johnson is a VERY strong offer. The Texans also gotta assume our 1st rounder in 2022 is a top 10 pick with our depleted defense.

Think unless Jets, Jags or Dolphins get involved, a low first rounder still gets it done as that would be 2 firsts in same draft. So even if you traded Mack to one of those teams for their 2nd first round you could still pair it with first rounders in 2022 and 2023.

But yeah, your offer is also an option and it is just a matter of if you want to keep Mack or Roquan/Johnson. I opted to move Mack in this scenario and throw in extra firsts just to keep the younger assets. But if the Texans are insistent on young players being included then you just give up Quan and Johnson and keep Mack.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Think unless Jets, Jags or Dolphins get involved, a low first rounder still gets it done as that would be 2 firsts in same draft. So even if you traded Mack to one of those teams for their 2nd first round you could still pair it with first rounders in 2022 and 2023.

But yeah, your offer is also an option and it is just a matter of if you want to keep Mack or Roquan/Johnson. I opted to move Mack in this scenario and throw in extra firsts just to keep the younger assets. But if the Texans are insistent on young players being included then you just give up Quan and Johnson and keep Mack.
Or maybe the Texans are the ones to take Mack. Even though they said they wanted young talent, who knows. maybe they think he is the value they are looking for.

I think we both agree though. It really is whatever it takes to get it done. It's hard to overpay for Watson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or maybe the Texans are the ones to take Mack. Even though they said they wanted young talent, who knows. maybe they think he is the value they are looking for.

I think we both agree though. It really is whatever it takes to get it done. It's hard to overpay for Watson.

Well if they want him then by all means do it. I just think why pay a guy 17-23 million a year when you are not competing as by they time they are ready to compete, Mack's contract will be up. Hence my thought that you trade him to a team that is looking to compete sooner.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Send #20, 6th rounder to Niners with ARob(tagged) for their 13th, 3rd pick and 2nd round next year.
Then move up from there(using 2022 picks) to get one of the Lawrence leftovers. Cut Fuller, extend Hicks to lower cap hit and sign a veteran, draft a rookie CB in the 2nd or 3rd. Cut Massie, go with Bars and Idefi at RT. Maybe get lucky with a LT in the 2nd round.

Plenty of decent FA WR's available and its a very strong WR rookie class

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Send #20, 6th rounder to Niners with ARob(tagged) for their 13th, 3rd pick and 2nd round next year.
Then move up from there(using 2022 picks) to get one of the Lawrence leftovers. Cut Fuller, extend Hicks to lower cap hit and sign a veteran, draft a rookie CB in the 2nd or 3rd. Cut Massie, go with Bars and Idefi at RT. Maybe get lucky with a LT in the 2nd round.

Plenty of decent FA WR's available and its a very strong WR rookie class

name to watch in the latter rounds..........

D’Wayne Eskridge, WR, Western Michigan

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Interesting.

Swift could take off next season in the right system if Det does it right

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Umm, his perception around the league is high given he still made the Pro Bowl and All Pro teams. Last I checked that means players, coaches and NFL writers still think he is one of the best Edge players in the NFL which is also supported by PFF. These guys watch tape and have to play against him. They aren't just looking at sack totals. Pass rushers always have value.

How would you know what his perception around the league is though? Do you have anything from each teams coaches/scouts/GM's about what they think about K.Mack and his play the last few years and about the contract he's playing under and still has left on his deal? I'd love to see that stuff to see what other teams/coaches/scouts think about those things if you do.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I'm doing almost whatever it takes to get Watson. Giving up multiple 1st round picks and young players or K.Mack is all on the table for me.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean shit....just wait until the chiefs lose the super bowl, get no pressure on Brady, mahomes throws a pick and hill drops a few passes.

Mack to kc
Robinson tag and trade to kc
Fools to kc

Mahomes to chi
Hill to chi
Kc #1 to chi

Boom

Like our chances!!!!
Who is that drunk to do this trade?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Considered him in my mock draft but decided against it as a bit too slight of build since we already have Mooney. But does give up Steve Smith vibes as a ceiling.