Good God Mitch is doing good and only will get better-had two coaches and two systems

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
I just think how fun it will be when we have the next Rodgers and we get to tar and feather all those bashing him now when he's having games like the last Rodgers and every other GOAT had in their early years. It will finally be proof they know nothing about making a good team. Especially those calling for Chase.

And no worries about myself because "wait and see" is not exactly going out on a limb claiming he will be the next GOAT of the NFL.[/QUOTE

I did not like the Mitch pick at #2 from the word go thought it might have been early for him and what we gave up to move up 1 spot. Now he is my QB because I am a BEARS fan for 51 years. Unfortunately we don't have a Favre for him to learn from for 5 years but if you say he will be the next Rogers so be it, that would make me eat crow and I love me some crow. Now if he is the second coming we gave up to much for Mack because we wont be in a position to win the SB until Mack leaves.

Don’t sweat the cap brother, IMO Mitch is a running back/ Athlete playing QB we want him to be good now, he and Nagy are on the 10 year plan I guess lol

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Now if he is the second coming we gave up to much for Mack because we wont be in a position to win the SB until Mack leaves.

We didn't trade for Mack and give him the highest defensive contract ever just to have a good defense while Mitch develops. We traded for him because Pace believes this team should be contending at the LATEST next season...

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
While I think he is right where he should be in the process it is pretty difficult for even an ardent Trubisky defender to say he is doing "good".

I don't think give him time is saying he's good and most are only saying to give him time. He's not exactly bad. His completion rate is very respectable. His yards aren't, but that's the system. I'm sure there will be some fans that will complain about a dink and dunk team even if it's a dynasty with multiple Super Bowl wins.

I did not like the Mitch pick at #2 from the word go thought it might have been early for him and what we gave up to move up 1 spot. Now he is my QB because I am a BEARS fan for 51 years. Unfortunately we don't have a Favre for him to learn from for 5 years but if you say he will be the next Rogers so be it, that would make me eat crow and I love me some crow. Now if he is the second coming we gave up to much for Mack because we wont be in a position to win the SB until Mack leaves.

I doubt he becomes the next Rodgers. This is the Bears after all.
I don't really care about the pick. That's over. You pay your money, you take your chances. There are no guarantees. Picks don't make the player. Picks don't affect the future.

We didn't trade for Mack and give him the highest defensive contract ever just to have a good defense while Mitch develops. We traded for him because Pace believes this team should be contending at the LATEST next season...

That's my assumption. If they questioned whether Tubisky would be the guy they never would've given away all the firsts for the rest of his contract.

Liked Posts:
ctuRr.gif

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Yeah I know that's what I was saying if we wait for Mitch we lose Mack

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I know that's what I was saying if we wait for Mitch we lose Mack

1. We will never lose Mack, he will retire a Bear or we will release him when he is old and broken.

2. MItch could be good enough for us to make the playoffs starting Sunday

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
this is one of my beefs...no not Italian beef, but the other beef...with the Bears is that they can't just let someone grow for a while w/ the same offense...you're continuously set back re learning and re naming the same plays over and over

The idea that you can grow in a system is lost on people.. Like chemistry happens overnight...

All of these pessimists are the same assholes who said Jordan Howard cant catch and he isn't a 3 down back... He dropped a few balls.. Some were easy catches... but he was in no way "not able to catch" just as Mitch is "not able to throw accurate downfield"... these people are clueless really

Visionman

Liked Posts:
The idea that you can grow in a system is lost on people.. Like chemistry happens overnight...

All of these pessimists are the same assholes who said Jordan Howard cant catch and he isn't a 3 down back... He dropped a few balls.. Some were easy catches... but he was in no way "not able to catch" just as Mitch is "not able to throw accurate downfield"... these people are clueless really

Catching a football is a WEE bit easier than accurately throwing one....lol

Mitch can figure it out. But his current level of play simply isn't good enough. All I'm saying is that if he doesn't improve soon...sit him and let him learn without hurting the team.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The West coast offense is a fucking 5 yard pass offense... its all about running after the catch... Wtf are people talking about...

Mitch is wearing down defenses... Keeping his defense fresh by not going 3 and out and sustaining drives.. yes 7 came from a fumble and sure he didn't get the job done on that play but he's not costing you games or putting it all on his defense like some claim... He has done well though in time of possession and has only been improving... Offenses also get cold when they aren't on the field. His time of possession is an asset to the team and that comes from executing within the offense and keeping drives alive...

I see visionmans point but there arent better options... and hes doing what any qb would be asked to do outside of HOF level talents

richb688

Liked Posts:
Jared Goff had a very tough first season and Mahomes has only played 3 games-he will hit a rough patch------he is not going to throw 64 touch downs and 0 interceptions. I am curious to see how responds when he has that first tough game and how he responds. The list of young Qbs who had slower starts than these 4 guys is pretty long including Montana.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The West coast offense is a fucking 5 yard pass offense... its all about running after the catch... Wtf are people talking about...

Mitch is wearing down defenses... Keeping his defense fresh by not going 3 and out and sustaining drives.. yes 7 came from a fumble and sure he didn't get the job done on that play but he's not costing you games or putting it all on his defense like some claim... He has done well though in time of possession and has only been improving... Offenses also get cold when they aren't on the field. His time of possession is an asset to the team and that comes from executing within the offense and keeping drives alive...

I see visionmans point but there arent better options... and hes doing what any qb would be asked to do outside of HOF level talents

He got 30 yards from Massie and then Massie and Long pushing defenders into him. At least if the oline has to be inept they're getting yards from it.