Good thing June Jones isn't our GM or HC !!

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I don't think I'm going out on a limb, or giving some kind of hot take when I say that any list of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL would include John Elway. Despite that, he just can't seem to be able to draft the position with any success. Given that fact, I don't think it's a stretch to say that nobody knows anything about finding a great quarterback.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I’ll agree with him. I’m not a Lawrence fan. Everyone talks about the talent Jones has played with. But it would be easy to argue Lawrence has had even more talent around him his college career.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’ll agree with him. I’m not a Lawrence fan. Everyone talks about the talent Jones has played with. But it would be easy to argue Lawrence has had even more talent around him his college career.
Not easy enough that you actually listed any names or made comparisons though?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jones and Tua had 4 1st rounders to throw to. And Najee Harris. Lawrence has had Etienne, Higgins, Ross and Rodgers. Not a bad group but not 4 1ST ROUNDERS

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
He may be wrong, he may be right. But he probably has a much better chance on gauging the future success of QBs than anyone on here.

Not sure I agree that Jones will be better than Lawrence. But Lance? Fields? He has just as good a shot to succeed as they do., IMO.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trevor reminds me of Josh Rosen with a far better supporting cast

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I feel pretty confident going on a whim that Lawrence will be a pretty damn good QB lol. There’s almost no chance he busts. Almost 0. Can you say that about any other QB in this draft? He’s one of the most NFL ready prospects ever.

But I can see the argument that some of the other guys have almost as high a ceiling. This is definitely a great draft if you need a QB.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think I'm going out on a limb, or giving some kind of hot take when I say that any list of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL would include John Elway. Despite that, he just can't seem to be able to draft the position with any success. Given that fact, I don't think it's a stretch to say that nobody knows anything about finding a great quarterback.

Elway is definitely one of the most overrated QBs in league history

:kanye:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Elway is definitely one of the most overrated QBs in league history
Whatever. Until you can present some kind of consensus on that then it only furthers my argument that nobody knows what the fuck they are talking about when it comes to the position. It's the Dunning-Kruger of positions in sports.

cosmodinardo

Liked Posts:
It is pathetic how desperate for a QB so many teams are in this league, and how they just grow more desperate the closer the draft comes. Just 3-4 months ago, Lawrence and Fields were the only two QBs slated for the top 10, with Lance and Wilson going in the teens (maybe) or early 20s and no one even mentioning Mac Jones as a first round QB. Now, all five QBs are probably going to be drafted in the first 19 picks, lol. I am stunned that Kyle Trask or Kellen Mond haven't also "shot up the draft boards" to become Top 20 picks. The NFL should just hold a special 1-round draft for QBs where every team gets to select a QB in the first round, and then it can hold a separate/"normal" draft for every other position, lol.

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
...The NFL should just hold a special 1-round draft for QBs where every team gets to select a QB in the first round, and then it can hold a separate/"normal" draft for every other position, lol.

OMG! lol Don't give the NFL any more stupid ideas; they'll probably latch onto this one and suck it dry! I can see it now,

"BREAKING NEWS: The NFL announced today that Quarterback Draft 2021 will be held on March 17th in Dublin Ireland. The serpentine draft will begin with the New England Patriots having the number one selection since they need a quarterback to replace the GOAT who just shoved the Lombardi Trophy up Bob Kraft's arse. Kraft stated, "I haven't felt this much relief since my last trip to Florida." The draft will continue for 69 rounds, but skipping the Chicago Bears in the odd and even number rounds as they have proved an inability to draft a quarterback to develop into an NFL starter, until every quarterback in college, high school and middle school with any possible degree of NFL caliber talent as projected by our panel of incessantly blabbing experts droning on for months and months and months have told you.
In other news the NFL has selected Riga, Latvia as the site for Quarterback Draft 2022."

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What if he's right? It just means that someone will necro this thread in 3 years. I can't wait.

Hi, future self! I hope your life isn't a trainwreck right now!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
How do most Heisman Trophy winners do in the NFL? (Yes I know Jones did not win, just keep following along with my logic/rant)

A lot of them have failed in the NFL, because in college it calls for a mobile QB relying on his athleticism being better than anyone else on the field. Then when that QB gets to the NFL, he is not able to dominate solely based upon his abilities to out run the opposing defense.

Jones is the opposite of that type of QB, and won a National Championship in dominate fashion by being an NFL type pocket passer.

I'm not sure he will be any good in the NFL, but he has done everything to break the mold of the college QB.

If the worst thing you can say about him is that he took advantage of the talent around him, I would tend to say, that is the kind of guy I want under Center.

I would be happy to take Jones in the Draft and let Foles mentor him for the upcoming season, and perhaps give him a look at the end of the year, or when ever Foles goes down with injuries.

The reality is Jones might be the kind of QB that could be given a limited role early in the year and grow into it.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
My take away. The key word is "Former". There is obviously a reason he is a "former" head coach.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Good maybe the Texans will reconsider?

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who wrote this article?

"June Jones, a former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons and Sand Diego Chargers.."

It's as poorly written as June Jones's QB scouting rankings :ROFLMAO:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I disagree. That Archie Manning knows how to do it. A little wine and some Barry White and 18 years later a good to great QB comes along.