Goodell and AP - why hasn't he spoken?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have I missed it or has Goodell said NOTHING about Peterson? Why isn't he talking about this NOW, immediately? AP is done, and I think Goodell is as well.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I haven't heard anything from Goodell yet, but given all the hot water he's in, he's going to evaluate everything first to make sure he doesn't put his foot in his mouth. Just curious, why do you think this event marks the end of Goodell?

Also, I don't think AP is done. Given his lack of prior convictions, I think he'll get a slap on the wrist for this, if he even gets convicted at all.

EDIT: The NFL's punishment will probably be harsh, however. The public outrage is just too great.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Legally, he'll get off easy. I think he receives a season long suspension from the NFL. And he'll be starting somewhere week 1 next season.

Hopefully we do hear from Goodell soon though, and then the Vikings

Trump32

Liked Posts:
He just did the Vikings a favor. No popular sentiment to keep him now.

Although, as a child, if I had to grow up in that icy wasteland with a shitty team i would beat my father for bringing me there.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Is this a Bears thread? Hmmmmm......then WTF is it on the Bears page?

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Why has Roger Goodell not addressed the papa John kid diddling look? He cares about women and children only during media shit storms..

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
sorry, om, you're correct, should be in the other forum.

we just saw Rice get indefinitely suspended and cut by Baltimore for beating his wife. how is this much different? because the kid wasn't knocked out? because we don't have the tape? he's done. and i'd be surprised if Goodell doesn't get canned, too.

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Legally, he'll get off easy. I think he receives a season long suspension from the NFL. And he'll be starting somewhere week 1 next season.

Hopefully we do hear from Goodell soon though, and then the Vikings

He will get his dream to play for the cowboys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Have I missed it or has Goodell said NOTHING about Peterson? Why isn't he talking about this NOW, immediately? AP is done, and I think Goodell is as well.

What you and everyone fail to realize is that Goodell doesn't owe you an explanation for shit. These are personal matters to be handled between the player and law enforcement. These aren't football issues.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What you and everyone fail to realize is that Goodell doesn't owe you an explanation for shit. These are personal matters to be handled between the player and law enforcement. These aren't football issues.

That's not true. He DOES owe us shit. He hasn't said ANYTHING about AP. They are football issues because we JUST put in new rules about domestic violence. Because there are rules about conduct in the NFL. I can't BELIEVE he hasn't said anything. I'd fire his ass so fast his head would spin.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
That's not true. He DOES owe us shit. He hasn't said ANYTHING about AP. They are football issues because we JUST put in new rules about domestic violence. Because there are rules about conduct in the NFL. I can't BELIEVE he hasn't said anything. I'd fire his ass so fast his head would spin.

Only the owners can fire him and they won't. Why do you think he owes you shit? Do you sign his paychecks?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't heard anything from Goodell yet, but given all the hot water he's in, he's going to evaluate everything first to make sure he doesn't put his foot in his mouth. Just curious, why do you think this event marks the end of Goodell?

Also, I don't think AP is done. Given his lack of prior convictions, I think he'll get a slap on the wrist for this, if he even gets convicted at all.

EDIT: The NFL's punishment will probably be harsh, however. The public outrage is just too great.

His kids are probably gon get taken away and he will probably have to work to get them back tho

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only the owners can fire him and they won't. Why do you think he owes you shit? Do you sign his paychecks?

I wouldn't be surprised if they did fire him. I think Goodell owes us all an explanation for what's going on, just like he spoke about RR and what the league is doing about it. And the fans DO pay for all of this—if we didn't go to games, watch it on tv, buy the gear, then there wouldn't BE an NFL. we DO pay for all of this. fans, players, coaches and gms, as well as owners, were outraged by the two game suspension of rice. they, as well as us fans, expect Goodell to do something about this. i know he's gathering information, and will decide later, but it's also on the Vikings as well. they've deactivated AP so that's something. much like the Ray McDonald case in SF. Goodell runs the league, i'd expect him to address these things, ESPECIALLY since AP is such a high profile player. i'd bet that if Peyton Manning or Tom Brady had been accused of something like this (or worse) that we'd be hearing from Goodell. he needs to protect his product, the league, and the owners as well.

should be interesting to see how this all develops.