Gosselin: Bears not much better than Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Good seeing you JJ. Havent you heard? If you dont have a 1,300 yard WR who gets double digit TDs, you cant win in todays NFL.

Well, that's overstating things a bit, but if you can't score regularly and have trouble not giving the ball to the opponent, winning will come a lot harder than if you had the aforementioned WR

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
I say if you have trouble stopping the other team from scoring at will and don't run the ball effectively without fumbling then your not going to win much even if you do have 2 of the aforementioned WR's. Which is why I believe that the Martz circus along with ring leader Lucy will have an elephant run rampant and destroy the big top this year. I'm not sayiny that a big time WR is not needed it's just that that isn't going to fix our team what we need is a big nasty OL, an even nastier DL to get us there so far we have only addressed one of those needs the other side of the ball is a total wreck waitin to happen and gettiing our franchise QB killed! Which in turn means tht we could have 2 WR with those type numbers and he would beinvisible here if we can't keep our QB upright and healthy...

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think lack of WR experience and Cutler's INTs go hand-in-hand. It would also be nice if Cutler could stand in the pocket more than 2 seconds. But Cutler's gotta do his part, too. He's gotta make the right decisions.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
he has no time to make decisions if he doesn't have the big ugly's giving him the time to make the reads forcing him to make quick n bad decisions trying not to take loss after loss in the pocket the guy tried running for his life and even then it wasn't pretty

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It all starts with the OL, plain and simple.

blove

Liked Posts:
Given the lack of changes made to the OL, I can't say I see us improving much on our record from last season. On the other hand, the Lions are poised to make big improvements... I wouldn't completely shit on that assessment (I agree these lists are bullshit though)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Keeping Williams at LT and putting Omiyale at RT should improve our line. If Kruetz is indeed healthier because of his ankle, i can see us being improved but not good. They are putting a lot of faith in Tice but he is an OL guru. Lets see what happens. LG is still the huge question

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wouldnt call Garza a question mark. But thats just me

lrr50501

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears OL will be better than some believe. From everything I have read so far this off season the OL looks like this. LT Williams 6'6" 315, LG toss between Louis 6'3" 305 and Asiata 6'4" 300, C Kreutz 6'2" 292, RG Garza 6'2" 310, RT Omiyale 6'4" 315. Tha to me is nice size and I think the biggest reason they will be better this year is the blocking scheme. Tice has them working on first step forward and is attack attack attack I like that attitude, much better than what Turner had them do which first step was always sideways. The thing I see between the 2 schemes Tice's has the OL attacking and Turner has them moving into a defensive stance which always favors the DL and not OL. But with all that said it is just my opinion nothing more.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I think lack of WR experience and Cutler's INTs go hand-in-hand. It would also be nice if Cutler could stand in the pocket more than 2 seconds. But Cutler's gotta do his part, too. He's gotta make the right decisions.

He had a ton of INTs in Denver and they had a #1 WR and a great #2 WR.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
^yeah but not as many as he had with Chi

but the point is

Cutler throws alot of picks

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
does this even deserve a thread?? the bears not much better than the lions?

LOL yea right

MRN

MRNeverwearthesamething
Donator
Liked Posts:
does this even deserve a thread?? the bears not much better than the lions?

LOL yea right

I think the correct term would be Cover2 for a Bears fan like yourself.

:oj:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone is missing the point of the whole Bear's season. This is the Lovie-Angelo Death March....do any of you really want to see them go 9-7, go one n out in the playoffs and have the Bear management re-up these two clods? If that happens....my wife will be watching MY Death March!!!

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
Garza at best is barely adequate and could use an upgrade there he would be ok as a back up...I don't hate Garza but he epitomizes this entire organization always barely good enough never top of the line!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.