Greg Gabriel Talks Bears

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
That play is because 4M cant be trusted to make plays in the pocket. Hence why yall was clamoring go roll him out. Well guesd what, the problem is the other team knows it ans when you roll out you cut down your options.
The issue is we were in shotgun in the first place. Should have been under center and run another qb sneak. Qb sneak is extremely high percentage in short yardage. Id have run it on every one of those fourth and less than a yard plays until they stopped it.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Don’t agree on 6 at all. And on #8, I haven’t rewatched it, but it looked like AR was pretty much his only option on that play. There were a couple defenders keeping Trubs from just running too, if I remember correctly. That’s the issue with rollouts like that...it limits the options if the read isn’t there...
Agree. It was a dumb fucking play. Run the goddamn ball with Monty. GB simply couldnt stop him in short yardage. They might have stopped him once or twice iirc but he was killing them short.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The issue is we were in shotgun in the first place. Should have been under center and run another qb sneak. Qb sneak is extremely high percentage in short yardage. Id have run it on every one of those fourth and less than a yard plays until they stopped it.

I already said he should have run. My point was those plays are basically what he was running all game because playing to his strengths means rolling out and cutting dowb his reads.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That 4th and 1 was just a bad playcall. You can shit on Trubisky all you want for not making a play there, but he was set up to fail. And that's not a great way to approach the game when you have a shaky, inconsistent QB that tends to shit his pants.

What I'm trying to say is, fire Nagy into the Sun and be done with him.

I have heard from multiple sources, including big dick mitch, that a player blew his assignment on that play.

My guess? Jimmy Graham was supposed to run a pick route to get Arob open.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have heard from multiple sources, including big dick mitch, that a player blew his assignment on that play.

I heard that, too. But I still hate the playcall. :ROFLMAO:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Greg talking about drafting a QB in the later rounds with "starter traits." And keeping Mitch because "who ya gonna get that's better?"

This is the lack of vision that has killed this franchise forever. Forever approaching the QB position with the bandaid approach..... instead of FUCKING FIXING IT.
Ive been so tired of this logic since Cutler fans regurgitated it over and over and over, when you could have had a dozen other qbs who could give you just as much as he did...very little.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

Well the broadcaster said he assumes Graham should have been running a pick/rub route immediatelyafter the play. Running 5 yards upfield into the guy covering him then not even trying to get open didn't seem like a real route. So yeah thats probably a pretty safe bet.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yeah, Mitch.

YoungPA

Liked Posts:
How was it a bad coaching decision? Everybody in the stadium is expecting Montgomery to get the ball. Instead you decide to rely on the 2 most experience pass catchers you have to execute the most basic slant/out route combination. They've ran that play 7 or 8 times the last 4 games in short yardage situations. Executed them fine, on both sides of the field. Its not Nagy's fault that the probably Hall of Fame tight end blew his assignment. Even Robinson looked shocked that the rub never came and half assed his route. I know we are all ready to bash Nagy. But players need to be held accountable when they fuck up.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had no chance running it on that 4th and 1. Montgomery missed his block on Smith, partly because Smith got a jump on the rollout. And the LB51 Barnes read the play before the snap and ran straight for the flat...

UnrealisticHardBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

The Packers were jumping these rollouts early all game. They knew the Bears needed to get Trubisky out of the pocket. Nagy tried to adjust and throw the Packers defense off by starting to put Trubisky in shotgun and rolling him out that way, but the Packers still went for the sidelines.

Like it or not, Nagy is going to have to start calling some drop back pocket passes and Trubisky needs to convert some of them to keep defenses honest.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You mean to tell me that playing to 4M's strengths actually makes the Bears very predictable since 4M's strengths are so limited? Who would have thunk it.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Trubisky had no chance running it on that 4th and 1. Montgomery missed his block on Smith, partly because Smith got a jump on the rollout. And the LB51 Barnes read the play before the snap and ran straight for the flat...

The Packers were jumping these rollouts early all game. They knew the Bears needed to get Trubisky out of the pocket. Nagy tried to adjust and throw the Packers defense off by starting to put Trubisky in shotgun and rolling him out that way, but the Packers still went for the sidelines.

Like it or not, Nagy is going to have to start calling some drop back pocket passes and Trubisky needs to convert some of them to keep defenses honest.
God that play was F'd from the get go

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
How was it a bad coaching decision? Everybody in the stadium is expecting Montgomery to get the ball. Instead you decide to rely on the 2 most experience pass catchers you have to execute the most basic slant/out route combination. They've ran that play 7 or 8 times the last 4 games in short yardage situations. Executed them fine, on both sides of the field. Its not Nagy's fault that the probably Hall of Fame tight end blew his assignment. Even Robinson looked shocked that the rub never came and half assed his route. I know we are all ready to bash Nagy. But players need to be held accountable when they fuck up.
Because they had a half yard to go and their oline is better than the packers dline. Take the gimme qb sneak

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

Exactly the Packers knows what Mitch is

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No

Trubisky is a bumslayer and can't beat good teams
I think we maybe win 1 more under the current scheme but if he doesn't get benched, we're still running the confuse yourself Nagy O and we maybe lose more.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I already said he should have run. My point was those plays are basically what he was running all game because playing to his strengths means rolling out and cutting dowb his reads.
It 4th and 1. Not to much too read with a quick hitter from he pocket. They tried to get Mitch into space so he had a throw or scramble. neither was there. Not on Mitch and I don;'t care if he threw a pick there on 4th down either. He did not play well but that play was dead early and a stupid call.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
I think we maybe win 1 more under the current scheme but if he doesn't get benched, we're still running the confuse yourself Nagy O and we maybe lose more.
Definitely would have lost that Falcons game and likely the Bucs game as well if Mitch didn’t get benched

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

This has been reported

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Definitely would have lost that Falcons game and likely the Bucs game as well if Mitch didn’t get benched
Yea. Piling on Foles is great, but he won those 2 games. The OL and run game was god awful with Nick though. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mitch get benched v Saints, just for Nagy trying to keep his job.