Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The "benching" was not a permanent thing through the rest of the season according to Kevin Gregg himself
Nobody wanted Gregg according to this:

Okay glad to see you can admit that you are quick to judge a situation in one way without actually analyzing it first.
I never wanted Gregg FWIW, and frankly shouldn't have been signed on a team built to lose.

Theo Baseball's professionalism has been questionable to say the least in Chicago.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The people who would have criticized a Gregg trade would have been idiots. I never wanted Gregg, but he was a pleasant surprise, and I feel that should have done him a service by trading him to a contender.

In regards to my job, I feel that my manager would tell me what was going on, and if not, I'd probably ask. The relationship is very convoluted at the sports level, so I could see where a missed message could occur.

Gregg took it too extreme, I'll admit.

Lets not act like Theo Baseball and his cronies have been models of professionalism in Chicago.

They did tell Gregg what was going on.

"I called him up to Dale's office to tell him how disappointed I was with him, given the way we treated him this year," Epstein said. "I think it took him a couple of minutes to understand he had misunderstood Dale. He ultimately apologized to me and to Dale. I told him I would sleep on it and decide if we would have any disciplinary action."

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I never wanted Gregg FWIW, and frankly shouldn't have been signed on a team built to lose.

Theo Baseball's professionalism has been questionable to say the least in Chicago.

:obama:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The people who would have criticized a Gregg trade would have been idiots. I never wanted Gregg, but he was a pleasant surprise, and I feel that should have done him a service by trading him to a contender.

In regards to my job, I feel that my manager would tell me what was going on, and if not, I'd probably ask. The relationship is very convoluted at the sports level, so I could see where a missed message could occur.

Gregg took it too extreme, I'll admit.

Lets not act like Theo Baseball and his cronies have been models of professionalism in Chicago.
What is your evidence of this fact? The Ryan Dempster trade is the only thing that you can even twist to fit your argument and that is only if you believe everything that everyone outside of the Cubs organization said and discount everything within the Cubs organization has said about it.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What is your evidence of this fact? The Ryan Dempster trade is the only thing that you can even twist to fit your argument and that is only if you believe everything that everyone outside of the Cubs organization said and discount everything within the Cubs organization has said about it.

The Dempster trade, the botched Marmol/Haren trade. Even the Garza trade got waved off for medical red flags, yet if I'm not mistaken, the Cubs ended up acquiring the player with the medical red flag.

I can't fault Mr. Baseball for Stewshart being a turd, same for Big Z.

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Baseball did say learned something about the Soriano/Dempster situations and handled Soriano and Garza much more professionally this year.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
What is your evidence of this fact? The Ryan Dempster trade is the only thing that you can even twist to fit your argument and that is only if you believe everything that KB said and discount everything people with brains said about it.

ftfy

:shifty:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The Dempster trade, the botched Marmol/Haren trade. Even the Garza trade got waved off for medical red flags, yet if I'm not mistaken, the Cubs ended up acquiring the player with the medical red flag.

If I'm not mistaken, Mr. Baseball did say learned something about the Soriano/Dempster situations and handled Soriano and Garza much more professionally this year.

What does that have to do with professionalism? :lol:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
How is Marmol/Haren an example of professionalism? Haren had medical issues and the Cubs asked to change the deal based on that. The Angels balked and the deal fell through. How is that unprofessionalism on the part of the front office? Never mind the fact that Haren was terrible this year (4.88 ERA) and was hurt for a decent chunk of the season.

How is Garza being hurt at the deadline last year an issue of professionalism? They acquired one prospect back with a medical issue in Olt yes, but as has been talked ad naseum Olt was hardly the headliner in the deal.

Well I am glad we can agree on these points. Again I don't see how the examples cited above show that the front office was unprofessional.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not being one side or the other but it does seem there has been a lot of front office issues since they came in and almost all have been from guys they brought in.

Liked Posts:
LOL at being mad at Theo. He's been bad the past few weeks...why not give a younger guy a chance to prove himself? Not like this team is going to the playoffs.

Well, they made it seem on Sportstalk Live that Gregg was told he won't be back with the team next season. That's what I got angry about. I don't think Gregg or anyone really cared too much about who the closer was.

I'm a Gregg fan obviously, but with his tirade, it might be a public relations disaster at this point if he's brought back next year. Even if the hatchet is buried from yesterday, the writing looks to be on the wall.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm a Gregg fan obviously, but with his tirade, it might be a public relations disaster at this point if he's brought back next year. Even if the hatchet is buried from yesterday, the writing looks to be on the wall.

they have a team option on Gregg, i think they were planning on picking it up and then look to trade him , but unfortunately his numbers took a nose dive the last month or so..

i thnk they like what they see from stropp, parker, and russell to be their late inning relievers with stropp being the closer..

Liked Posts:
they have a team option on Gregg, i think they were planning on picking it up and then look to trade him , but unfortunately his numbers took a nose dive the last month or so..

i thnk they like what they see from stropp, parker, and russell to be their late inning relievers with stropp being the closer..

I also think Villanueva's stuff is more effective in a set-up role than he is as a starter.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It always makes me laugh when people compare there jobs to those of professional athletes. It's not even apples and oranges...it's closer to apples and zebras. They're both...things....but so vastly different it's impossible to compare them.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It always makes me laugh when people compare there jobs to those of professional athletes. It's not even apples and oranges...it's closer to apples and zebras. They're both...things....but so vastly different it's impossible to compare them.

I didn't do it pops.

If there was any justice, Gregg would have told Theo Box Office to shove it.

Liked Posts:
Yet you don't think Gregg's reaction was unprofessional? You aren't being very objective.

Dude, look at it this way - How would you react if you're told with still ten days to go in the season that you aren't wanted back with the team next year? Gregg has always stated this year that he wants to be a Cub and you don't think that's a bit of a disservice on Theo's part?

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, look at it this way - How would you react if you're told with still ten days to go in the season that you aren't wanted back with the team next year? Gregg has always stated this year that he wants to be a Cub and you don't think that's a bit of a disservice on Theo's part?
and every report suggests that no one said that to Kevin Gregg. Even Kevin Gregg said that there was a miscommunication and that no one on the Cubs said that Gregg was losing the closer role permanently or his future with the team.

Liked Posts:
and every report suggests that no one said that to Kevin Gregg. Even Kevin Gregg said that there was a miscommunication and that no one on the Cubs said that Gregg was losing the closer role permanently or his future with the team.

Hence, his apology for misunderstanding.