Guillen blasts Sox after extra-inning shortcomings

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's NEVER the manager's fault. It's the pitcher's fault he gave up 3 runs after being in one inning too long. It's the batter's fault for being in the lineup when he's on a cold streak. Ozzie is a God among major league managers. :rolleyes:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This season has been his fault. The idiot fans say "well he cant hit for them" great!

His in game managing is horrible....plain and simple. He costs this team a lot more than what the casual fan thinks.

It is a fucking joke.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
crap, i lilke Ozzie, but now im hopin he gets the axe, and let the season unfold.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Must've been Ozzie's fault Juan misplayed that ball with the bases loaded to score 3 for TOR.

Yep that definitely was Ozzie's fault.

People have been firing him since 2005. Doubt that it happens

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Must've been Ozzie's fault Juan misplayed that ball with the bases loaded to score 3 for TOR.

Yep that definitely was Ozzie's fault.

People have been firing him since 2005. Doubt that it happens

Yes, the players are underachieving majorly. But how much of that is the fault of Ozzie? He's clearly lost the team. I've supported Ozzie until mid 2009. It's the same slumping offense in the beginning of the season. Something is wrong with this coaching staff and it needs to be addressed.

I don't buy that one of the most prolific HR hitters is going to all of a sudden fall off the map just because he's become a DH.

Also, the fact that Ozzie insinuates that I'm at the park pissing on statues and not giving a damn about the team is really quite insulting.

It's because I care about this team that I voice my objections to a six man rotation and a #3 hitter who has yet to hit lefties. I want what's best for this team to win. In my honest opinion, five years of the same slow offense with new players following suit each year points at a problem with management.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, the players are underachieving majorly. But how much of that is the fault of Ozzie? He's clearly lost the team. I've supported Ozzie until mid 2009. It's the same slumping offense in the beginning of the season. Something is wrong with this coaching staff and it needs to be addressed.

I don't buy that one of the most prolific HR hitters is going to all of a sudden fall off the map just because he's become a DH.

Also, the fact that Ozzie insinuates that I'm at the park pissing on statues and not giving a damn about the team is really quite insulting.

It's because I care about this team that I voice my objections to a six man rotation and a #3 hitter who has yet to hit lefties. I want what's best for this team to win. In my honest opinion, five years of the same slow offense with new players following suit each year points at a problem with management.

Well put sir!

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless things drastically change, this season is over. At this point, changes need to be made and soon or else it might get real ugly on the South side.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Just an outsider's opinion...and one I've carried for the duration of Ozzie's tenure.

Ozzie's not a good in-game manager...and he spouts off way too much. He got lucky winning a 'ship (as do most teams once they make the dance), and he's lived off of it ever since. I'm not saying the Cubs would handle a manager any differently...shoot, a statue will probably be made within 24 hours of a championship...but Ozzie is a determent to a good team in a winnable division right now. It won't do any good to fire him in-season unless there's an obvious coaching candidate in the waiting (I honestly don't know), but if he comes back for the 2012 season, It will honestly make me think Krausse doesn't care about winning in baseball.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think any casual fan knows Ozzie can't manage in-game. Pitching, batting, etc. His attitude and sometimes outlandish comments have been tolerated in the past because the team was #winning. Now that a talented team is struggling, his act is stale and tired. I doubt he would get canned mid-season, but this team is starting to stink and Ozzie is carrying the brunt of that smell.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
X-Spot:

Peter Gammons reported a while back that the Sox have approached Macha.

Reactions: X

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
X-Spot:

Peter Gammons reported a while back that the Sox have approached Macha.

Cool deal. He'd fit, but I don't think he's leading the Sox to the p'offs this season. Moves for next season are "almost" as valuable as moves for this season, tho.