Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The Mooney/miller dynamic is strange. You'd think Miller has that spot on lockdown but that was not the case today.
That said, Mooney was a nice surprise today.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
If we don't come out game 2 and run 2 TE sets with both Graham and Kmet running down the field to catch passes then I don't know wtf this coaching staff is thinking.

Granted, I'm a 32 yr old working in real estate, been a paraplegic since 12 so very little football playing time but this would be a fucking CRIME to not use those 2 studs in the passing game to open things up. That opens the running game and our WR's outside. I can't be the only person feeling this way.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If we don't come out game 2 and run 2 TE sets with both Graham and Kmet running down the field to catch passes then I don't know wtf this coaching staff is thinking.

Granted, I'm a 32 yr old working in real estate, been a paraplegic since 12 so very little football playing time but this would be a fucking CRIME to not use those 2 studs in the passing game to open things up. That opens the running game and our WR's outside. I can't be the only person feeling this way.

I didnt see enough of Kmet to realize what they have in him. There was that one play and that's it.

You know who I saw a lot of???? TJ Hockenson.... Let's hope Kmet is like that guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

2 studs? Graham looks slow as hell and we dont know what Kmet can do.

Maybe just maybe the issue is they need to actually get open more.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Mooney/miller dynamic is strange. You'd think Miller has that spot on lockdown but that was not the case today.
That said, Mooney was a nice surprise today.

Yeah fuck 2 TEs, our best personnel grouping may be ARob, Miller, Mooney, pick a RB, pick a TE.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You know, I am going to let Trubisky have this one. 3 TDs and 0 INTs and a 100 Rating is good and will win most games regardless if the stats occur in the 1st 3 quarters or the 4th quarter. I doubt he will put up stats like this most games but if he does then the Bears will be good.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah I know. I was making fun of Msaddows and his hyping up Ridley this offseason. Made him sound like a real steal and future stud only for him to get beat out on active roster by Mooney, Rip Van Ginn and Wimms.
My bad. I normally try to forget everything that guy says about anything.

Please don't hold this against me.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:

Doesn't matter if your slow, if you can reach above the defenders head and catch every pass you're golden. Problem is you have to rely on Mitch throwing it in perfect spot and him catching it. That play called back for a TD was a great play. He should have been able to get the TD. He didn't but it was still proof that with a very tall and athletic TE you can take advantage of the defense and those short little CB's. I hope they watch the tape and do A LOT more of that going forward.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:

Graham is at least a good RZ option when you can get him a mismatch though

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Agree on your second point except the Lions still had 3 timeouts left so we couldn't just run out the clock without getting a first down, but you need to run three running plays in a row and maybe you bust one out which once you get a 1st down can kill the rest of the clock if you need to...
As well as the Bears were running that game, I agree with you: rush three times and maybe you get lucky and get a 1st dwn. Rushing 2 dwns I know Bears wouldn't burn the entire clock, but they would make Det burn one or more timeouts and eat a good portion of that time. Had to do better than burning 14secs and no timeouts.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears offense eventually succeeded because they were able to run the ball and did great on traditional play action passing.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
You singled him out in this thread. So typical. So telling.

You're ignorant.....my response was to why Miller wasn't involved early in the game. I said nothing about him not being part of the win.

You have trouble comprehending what I wrote. The fact of the matter is Miller did miss an assignment earlier in the game and that isn't the first time.

I like Miller, so much in fact that I started him on my fantasy team today...

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Did I mis-see that... or was that first pass interference call on the Bears totally bogus? The ball clearly hit the receiver before the Bears CB (i think it was Fuller) touched the receiver. Totally changed the momentum of the game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Did I mis-see that... or was that first pass interference call on the Bears totally bogus? The ball clearly hit the receiver before the Bears CB (i think it was Fuller) touched the receiver. Totally changed the momentum of the game.
I was watching at a sports bar with no sound but it looked to me like the refs called something other than pass interference.

I had asked earlier but did not see anyone answer. I think Fuller got called for hitting the Detroit Lions receiver in the helmet which I also think was wrong. I don’t think he hit him there It looked shoulder to shoulder but he didn’t argue.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mike and Mike always referred to the Monday after Week 1 as “Overreaction Monday”, and with good reason.

We have fans suggesting Ridley is done as Mooney caught three passes (don’t get me wrong I thought money looked very good and I heard great things about him prior to the game)

We have fans thinking we got robbed in the Mac trade because he didn’t have sacks today as he played with a knee injury and a missing DE/OLB on the other side.

Fans are ready to fire Pagano

Take a breath and let’s see over the course of a few weeks.

OL was a pleasant surprise. Run game was good. But until I see what Detroit looks like against other teams it’s hard to have perspective