Hammer extended for 5 years 4.1m cap hit

xatruio

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiHawksFan" data-cid="208649" data-time="1378311934">

Hjalmarsson: "I might have been able to get more had I waited, but I make a lot of money"

When was the last team you heard a professional athlete say that?!?!?!?!</p></blockquote>
yeah when i read that i grinned like an idiot. Love hammer

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WiHawksFan" data-cid="208649" data-time="1378311934">
<div>

Hjalmarsson: "I might have been able to get more had I waited, but I make a lot of money"</p>

</p>

When was the last team you heard a professional athlete say that?!?!?!?!</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

When Ken Griffey Jr. left the Seattle Mariners as a free agent and decided to return home and play for the Cincinnati Reds, he gave them the home town discount, signing for about half of what the Yankees and a few other teams were offering.  Injuries, unforunately, made his return home disappointing for him and the team (and their fans).  </p>

</p>

It is rare, though.</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Well I was way off. Thanks for the edit BHP.</p>

</p>

I think this is a great deal. 4.1? Ill take that all day every day. </p>

</p>

so we have all 6 D men locked up till at least 2015 and I think at least 8 Forwards till then as well.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xatruio" data-cid="208718" data-time="1378399263">

yeah when i read that i grinned like an idiot. Love hammer</p></blockquote>
That's because he's a Swedish commie. He's already made a shitload of money and with this new contract he will make even more. More than he needs to live a very comfortable life for as long as he lives, including his family. So why get needlessly greedy when you could stay on a proven winner with a legit chance to win for a little "less". Personally I never understood the hoarding of wealth, especially if you get that wealth from doing something you love doing. I understand that athletes have a limited time where they can cash in, but there is a point where you have more than enough.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'm kinda with you on that. In so far as much that I don't really need to hear that kind of stuff from pro athletes. It's mostly a business. Either way, whether he signed for the same or more, it's generational wealth as long as you're halfway smart with your money.</p>

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I'm proud to be half Swedish.</p>

</p>

<span style="font-size:10px;"><span><span>Samma till dig!</span></span></span></p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
I was really disappointed with Hjalphabet's performance in the postseason, but I'm damn glad we resigned him he's one of my personal favorites on the team. That IKEA meatball commercial made me a Dan come hell or high water (no homo, okay maybe just a little homo). He's a stud, just had a rough stretch at a bad time.

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="209408" data-time="1379568940">
<div>

I was really disappointed with Hjalphabet's performance in the postseason, but I'm damn glad we resigned him he's one of my personal favorites on the team. That IKEA meatball commercial made me a Dan come hell or high water (no homo, okay maybe just a little homo). He's a stud, just had a rough stretch at a bad time.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

That's odd, I thought Hammer did quite well in the playoffs. When paired up with Keith it worked really well.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="209442" data-time="1379659045">
<div>

That's odd, I thought Hammer did quite well in the playoffs. When paired up with Keith it worked really well.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Hell, he scored the series clincher against Detroit.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="208639" data-time="1378305776">
<div>

I don't think you'll find many "haters" on this site.  You will find some of us that question the scum bag tactics he and his asshole boss used to get him the job though.  But hey they won another Cup with Tallons CORE.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

You said the T word.............................</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="209442" data-time="1379659045">
<div>

</div>
</blockquote>

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't shit he was just flat.  He's a better player than he was in the playoffs, at least the last two series.  He stopped hitting almost altogether and you could see him avoiding heavy contact, I kind of think he was hurt because he's always been pretty physical.</p>