Hammer's Sheet Matcing Means More Moves For Hawks?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
From Pierre LeBrun's Twitter:

With Hawks deciding to match Hjalmarsson offer, source said today Brian Campbell being shopped. Have hard time seeing that contract moved

and again

My ESPNChicago colleague Jesse Rogers believes Patrick Sharp could be in play as well now and he's much more easily moveable... We'll see

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sonuvabitch I hope not.

I don't want to lose either guy.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or it may just mean that NNN will have to join the other two flakes and change his name. :p

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
EJ Hradek:
The Hawks could move Reasoner and/or Kopecky to save some cash. Also, if Niemi wants to play hardball, there are other goalies on the market

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Moving Campbell now would be idiotic. That ship has already sailed.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Uh, they already said Sharpie isn't going anywhere.

Move Reasoner please.

Livewire

Liked Posts:
Brian Campbell is our 4th defensemen and is our highest paid player. If he was at all movable I am sure Stan would have done so at the start of free agency. If there is a deal to be done, even without anything it return, we should move Soupy. This would completely fix the cap situation right now and give us tons of room to resign key guys and add role players in the future.

After seeing Shawn Lalonde at prospects camp I feel there is a very capable and ready replacement for Campbell. They are very similar players only Lalonde does not make 7+ million a season and is younger with less injury concerns.

I don't see how we can move Patrick Sharp, with him gone Bolland would have to center the 2nd line (which he is fully capable of doing) but then the heart of our checking line is gone and does not give Coach Q a shutdown line that was invaluable to him during our Stanley Cup run. It would really mess with our team depth and not to mention it would mean losing a team captain.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sharp would be hard to replace because of his versatility. He can play on the wing or at center, and he's been great on the PK and the PP for us. Just too much to lose.

I'd rather give away Niemi. It seems like moving Campbell's salary is nothing but a pipe dream ... just too expensive.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
The Islanders havent even hit the cap floor yet, so I would expect Bowman to call Garth Snow if we were to move campbell. From what I heard, LaLonde had a strong camp, so maybe Bowman has decided Campbell is expendable

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget Campbell has a limited NTC (can designate eight teams he will accept a trade to; team has 45 days from date of notice received to trade him to one of those teams).

If he doesn't want to go, he can easily pick 8 teams who have absolutely no cap room for him.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Don't forget Campbell has a limited NTC (can designate eight teams he will accept a trade to; team has 45 days from date of notice received to trade him to one of those teams).

If he doesn't want to go, he can easily pick 8 teams who have absolutely no cap room for him.

Thanks, i totally forgot about his NTC.

Crap, well maybe we can trade him to a team he likes and get something of value back for him...a goalie maybe? another D-Man?

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I said before, I think the ship for trading Campbell has sailed. I'd see if there are any takers come this trade deadline (depending on where we are in the standings) or next offseason.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks, i totally forgot about his NTC.

Crap, well maybe we can trade him to a team he likes and get something of value back for him...a goalie maybe? another D-Man?

I think that would have been done already if plausible.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
It would be really tough, however, every game that goes by, that contract becomes a better trading piece because that will be a nice expiring contract. lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I cant believe they're even considering moving Sharp. There is no one in this organization that can provide what he gives them in his pay slot. His contract is fairly close to what they will pay Hammer...3.9 to 3.5, so in essence they'd be saying that the Hammer is the better player. THAT would be ludicrous. Hammer's main worth is in the future, Sharp is delivering the goods right now.

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
I cant believe they're even considering moving Sharp. There is no one in this organization that can provide what he gives them in his pay slot. His contract is fairly close to what they will pay Hammer...3.9 to 3.5, so in essence they'd be saying that the Hammer is the better player. THAT would be ludicrous. Hammer's main worth is in the future, Sharp is delivering the goods right now.

Theyre not going to move him or Bolland thats all speculation by the media.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I dont think Bolland and Sharp will be moved either. Huet's contract will go down to rockford when the season starts, so i see the hawks going over by the 10% that they can during the offseason. I can also see Kopecky or reasoner go down as well...more likely reasoner