Hanie wants a shot at a starting job

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Throwing a game ending interception is the sole reason the game ended.

Hanie also threw an awful INT to Raji. Sure he didn't play bad, but he didn't play good either. Only reason he did decent was because GB wasn't running their defense against him. Capers said he was going to make Hanie read coverages to beat him, which obviously led to 2 interceptions. Cutler was being blitzed the entire time he was in. Hanie wasn't. That is straight from the defensive coordinators' mouth.

This is also a DC to who coverage, isn't just as simple as dropping 7 guys back and playing soft... It's obvious since the Raji INT was a zone blitz coverage play.

You don't expect a player who has limited to no NFL experience to come in and make see everything. Hanie did show he has poise, mobility, and the arm to throw accurate and with strength down-field to get the ball in tight spots to open WRs.

Other QBs have earned trades and gotten starting jobs after years of learning while showing less, think of names like Romo, Whitehurst, Shaub, Gannon and look what they were doing before they became starters or got traded for.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
There are also hundreds of examples of guys who were back-ups who went on to do nothing.

I expect Hanie to follow suit. GB was not playing the same defense when Hanie came in the game. Although if anything, they should have blitzed more often considering he lacked experience.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There are also hundreds of examples of guys who were back-ups who went on to do nothing.

I expect Hanie to follow suit. GB was not playing the same defense when Hanie came in the game. Although if anything, they should have blitzed more often considering he lacked experience.

this, I agree with...

Saying he was the sole reason we lost the game was...well...wrong...but, we're looking right at a "took it out of context" kind of argument....so I'll just agree to disagree on that note.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I read this.

He won't be the starter unless Cutler's hurt. Honestly, his best bet is to sign somewhere else.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
His only shot next year is a team offering his tenure sheet or offering the Bears a trade of slightly less value.

The point against him on the Raji INT is bad, that's a play you fall for more with lack of experience like Hanie had, which is why Capers called it out of a time out. On plays they blitzed him he made accurate passes and scrambled to find away from the pressure as well. Many scouts liked him in the draft, he was expected to be a 5th rounder but it was known he was a raw talent.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I'd like to see him in Carolina, that would be a great fit.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cant see anyone giving a 2nd round pick for Hanie. Not at this point at least. He played a half, that didnt show anyone hes the next Brady aside Cutler Haters and idiotic bandwagon fans who continuously obssess over anybody but who we ever have. I give him credit though, aside the way things unfolded, he showed good poise and mechanics, especially considering the magnitude of the game. If he does remain with us, he should have legit claim to 2nd on the depth chart imo.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I cant see anyone giving a 2nd round pick for Hanie. Not at this point at least. He played a half, that didnt show anyone hes the next Brady aside Cutler Haters and idiotic bandwagon fans who continuously obssess over anybody but who we ever have. I give him credit though, aside the way things unfolded, he showed good poise and mechanics, especially considering the magnitude of the game. If he does remain with us, he should have legit claim to 2nd on the depth chart imo.

He should've had the #2 spot at the beginning of the season, let alone after the Collins disaster in Carolina.