Harold Landry, the BEST pass rusher in the draft.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we get this dude at #39 it's the steal of the draft.

His physical skillset lines up with the likes of Vic Beasely and Von Miller and he was just as productive as both of those guys despite being the obvious best player on his team but yeah, he isn't worth a top 10 pick.

Reminds me of Isiah Irving

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:

#Landryat8

Who is Tyler Jaggi? His Twitter says "Former Cowboys blogger"? This is what we are referencing now? I appreciate trying to bring some objectivity in a grading system, but that's pretty questionable overall. I have no opinion on Landry personally, I don't have the time or desire to watch enough tape to express a reasonable opinion. I hope the Bears get a great edge rusher though....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reminds me of Isiah Irving

ram.gif

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
No way in hell is H.Landry still on the board at #39. Obviously a big name or two slip in every draft but it won't be Landry who will go in the 1st round.

I hope to hell i'm wrong and he's sitting there at #39 and we didn't draft OLB at #8.

Imagine if we take Davenport at 8, would you really not take Landry at 39 if he is the BPA, particularly if he is the BPA by a long ways?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I don't see Pace taking a pass rusher in the first two rounds. This whole off season from the hiring of Matt Nagy and his staff till now has been about one thing the development of Mich Trubisky. First two rounds OL, WR. Pace's job is on the line if Mich fails Pace is gone.

Can't get everything you want in free agency and the draft. Vic will have to develop what he has and make due with his top 10 defense.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't see Pace taking a pass rusher in the first two rounds. This whole off season from the hiring of Matt Nagy and his staff till now has been about one thing the development of Mich Trubisky. First two rounds OL, WR. Pace's job is on the line if Mich fails Pace is gone.

Can't get everything you want in free agency and the draft. Vic will have to develop what he has and make due with his top 10 defense.

If Nelson is not available at 8, there is not an o-lineman or wideout worth a pick that high. At that point, all of the projected value is on the defensive side of the ball. Guys like Edmunds, Davenport, Fitzpatrick, James and Ward...

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Doubt they take WR in the 2nd round (1st was never a realistic option), especially if they are able to keep Meredith. The Bears lost McPhee, Young and Houston and only added Lynch.....they'll take edge early if they don't add another FA.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
If Nelson is not available at 8, there is not an o-lineman or wideout worth a pick that high. At that point, all of the projected value is on the defensive side of the ball. Guys like Edmunds, Davenport, Fitzpatrick, James and Ward...
I seem to remember a report at the Senior Bowl that Nelson was Pace's top choice at 8 and if he were not there that the Bears would seek a trade down and target Will Hernandez. Now with nothing being done in free agency about the hole the Bears have at LG and the draft nearing I see this as a possibility. Pace runs mocks just like us so he must be confidant that either Nelson will be there or that there will be a QB still on the board that a quarterback needy team will trade up for.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Doubt they take WR in the 2nd round (1st was never a realistic option), especially if they are able to keep Meredith. The Bears lost McPhee, Young and Houston and only added Lynch.....they'll take edge early if they don't add another FA.
I am an Edmunds guy but I just don't see it. I think Pace believes Nelson will be there or if not can get a trade down. At this point it remains to be seen if Cam is back. Even if he is WR still remains a huge need with both Robinson and Cam coming off of ACL surgeries. Houston well could be back to go along with Floyd, Lynch, Acho, and a mid round OLB.

I may not agree with it but I see 2018 as giving Mitch every advantage to become the Bears franchise quarterback. Pace's job depends on it.