Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

Have you already labeled Justin Fields a bust?

• Yes, he's a bust.

• No, I haven't given up on him.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Is Fields a bust? Probably.

Fields has been as bad as only a Chicago Bears QB could be to start the season. I cannot think of another organization that consistently has QBs put up 20ish passing yards in a half of football like the Chicago Bears. Fields doesn't have a chance in hell.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jay Cutler had no redeeming qualities as an NFL QB. Didn't have the stats. Didn't have the wins. Didn't have the leadership, the likability, the smarts, the composure, the anything. Forget critical situations, Cutler was never a guy who over the course of a season looked like he was even an average QB at throwing the ball. When you are constantly as off target as reckless as he was, you're not a good passer.

He did look better when the Bears gave him #1 type WRs and a good pass catching TE to go with his good pass catching RB. But you still saw the same mistakes and the same IDGAFuckery. They would go down 7-10 points in the first qtr and Jay gave up trying to win. But at least Jay got a shot, over and over and over again.

Cutler gagged away a shot at the playoffs with a talented Den team and then followed it up with just a complete mediocre at the very best Bears career. But at least Cutler was given the opportunities and the Bears finally gave him players to throw to. and we found out exactly who Cutler was. Nobody.

Cutler as an NFL QB was worse than Bears fans will ever admit because he just so happened to last long enough to be their tallest midget. Give me the unknown of any bad young QB over that loser stepping foot onto Soldier Field ever again. Cutler had all of the risk of Favre without any of the reward.
Okay....so I believe in giving credit, where credit is due. This is probably one of the best football breakdowns you've ever given in recent times. Keep it coming(y)

@Sittingonacornflake

@Sevendaymelee

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, young QB with no supporting cast constantly being asked to convert on 3rd and long with an OC way over his head. Sounds reasonable.
This is what kills me. Bears run first two plays and then on the second play there is a penalty. All of a sudden it's 3rd and 12 on the opponents 17 yard line. OK Justin nows your time to shine, go make a play to Dante Pettis or Cole Kemet while getting blitzed on behind a suspect pass block OL lol.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You watched the all-22? I think a lot of guys here talk about it, but never really watch it. If what you're saying is true...that's a really bad sign. Especially, since we were told Getsy's offense is QB friendly.

I think about getting Game Pass, but do I really want to spend a $100 to watch a bad team for a second time? ?
Seeing random guys open at arbitrary points in their routes in an All-22 is meaningless as nobody here knows the progressions. Everyone also loves to act like it is unbelievable for a qb to miss an open wr. Every qb misses open wrs probably most weeks. I've seen mahomes miss open wrs, Rodgers got called out by collinsworth Sunday night for missing an open wr. This isn't a defense of fields as he does need to get better in his progressions, it's pointing out a fundamental misunderstanding of ccs posters.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
There isn't enough time in a football game to give Justin Fields forty-four attempts due to the fact that if you run anything less than two run plays for any one pass the drive will immediately fall apart with him at the helm. Letting him throw is an express ticket to a three-and-out, and you'd have to run more than fourteen three-and-out drives in order for Justin Fields to get these forty-four attempts.
Lol you make @Black Rainbow and @BaBaBlacksheep look like Fields stans. You're such an over the top moron. Idk if these are legitimate thoughts or just trolling, but you really are incredibly stupid

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Fields has been as bad as only a Chicago Bears QB could be to start the season. I cannot think of another organization that consistently has QBs put up 20ish passing yards in a half of football like the Chicago Bears. Fields doesn't have a chance in hell.
Well they threw 4 times in the second half soooo

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Lol you make @Black Rainbow and @BaBaBlacksheep look like Fields stans. You're such an over the top moron. Idk if these are legitimate thoughts or just trolling, but you really are incredibly stupid
He is the worst quarterback starting in the NFL right now. Its not even close between him and second-worst. There is every reason to be over the top in declaring him a bust, nobody else in the league is doing more to earn that distinction than him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is what kills me. Bears run first two plays and then on the second play there is a penalty. All of a sudden it's 3rd and 12 on the opponents 17 yard line. OK Justin nows your time to shine, go make a play to Dante Pettis or Cole Kemet while getting blitzed on behind a suspect pass block OL lol.
Would be a viable point if it weren't for the fact that Justin Fields is the exact reason the Bears are backed up third and long all the time. Every time he does something like try and throw the ball five yards past he line of scrimmage (hilarious btw) or just completely blow it and get sacked he creates the circumstances which hold him back. This is why he's such an efficient factory of three-and-outs.

Sevendaymelee

Liked Posts:
Heck, even ole Rex can say he went to a SB.
Heck, even I could win ten games with that defense/offensive line/running back combo. That team would have won back-to-back super bowls had we had even a half decent quarterback. With a QB like Manning, we'd have run the table. That's how good they were.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
run and shoot said:
Heck, even ole Rex can say he went to a SB.

Heck, even I could win ten games with that defense/offensive line/running back combo. That team would have won back-to-back super bowls had we had even a half decent quarterback. With a QB like Manning, we'd have run the table. That's how good they were.

You failed to digest the full content of link >>>#140

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Wow, almost 80 responses. I didn't think we had 80 posters...

I suppose you could generally extrapolate the poll and conclude on 10% of Bears fans think he's a bust.

i thought the game was 8 posters playing 80 alts

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
i thought the game was 8 posters playing 80 alts
Probably.

I am kinda surprised 13.5% of our posters think Fields is a bust already. Probably not too far off from the fan base in general considering how many ppl replied.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
There isn't enough time in a football game to give Justin Fields forty-four attempts due to the fact that if you run anything less than two run plays for any one pass the drive will immediately fall apart with him at the helm. Letting him throw is an express ticket to a three-and-out, and you'd have to run more than fourteen three-and-out drives in order for Justin Fields to get these forty-four attempts.
#GoodCall

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Been a bad last 4 weeks to be a Fields hater, for sure.

mecha

Liked Posts:

shitty take