Have You Ever Done A 180 Degree On A Player?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Many / Most of us form an opinion on players (good or bad) pretty quickly and at least for me
in thinking back I rarely change that opinion over time.
Do you stay or change?
Who have you changed on? What made you change?
Before Brandon Marshall came to the Bears I thought he was just a diva but came to appreciate
him most of his time here.
I have to think about if others come to mind.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I pulled a 180 on Kyle Fuller. He really struggled early on in his career and would never turn around. I hated it. And then something clicked and he became a very solid CB for the Bears.

No idea what happened in Denver.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Have you ever done a Hinkleman on a player?

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd wager to guess that everyone pulled a 180 on Robert Quinn.

Nah I argued for Quinn still being a good player and being unlucky last year. Debated with several guys that his metrics were better than Floyd's when people were crying about losing Floyd.

I did a 540 on ARob. Liked when we signed him, didn't like him much his first season, came around on him in 2019 and 2020 but then went back to hating him in 2021.

Last edited:

Krogoth

Liked Posts:
Ricky williams.
Poor guy was crushed with pressure the way Ditka gave up the world for him (and the photo shoot....fucking insane).

On the field he was killing it, but had the breakdown and retired.
Was really pulling for him when he came back, but then the drug issue cost him a year, and I gave up on him.

From then on, I ceased caring what happened. He had access to all the help in the world, but just never made the most of it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I pulled a 180 on Kyle Fuller. He really struggled early on in his career and would never turn around. I hated it. And then something clicked and he became a very solid CB for the Bears.

No idea what happened in Denver.
Age is undefeated. But yeah, he' definitely one.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was literally the only person cheerleading for Phil Emery to sign Lamarr Houston in 2014. Said something like:

"He will replicate everything this defense was overpaying Julius Peppers for at a fraction of the age & price."

I was wrong. He was just a guy that had one of the lamest season ending injuries in franchise history.

My bad!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I don't know if its quite a "180" but I had pretty high hopes for Mark Anderson once upon a time. He wound up actually coming around though, just for New England (and for only one season).

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Many / Most of us form an opinion on players (good or bad) pretty quickly and at least for me
in thinking back I rarely change that opinion over time.
Do you stay or change?
Who have you changed on? What made you change?
Before Brandon Marshall came to the Bears I thought he was just a diva but came to appreciate
him most of his time here.
I have to think about if others come to mind.

Yeah, I found out how Special person Brian Urlacher was.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Back in the day everyone was dissing Mike Brown as the bears pick in the 2nd round.

Ooops!