Hawks 2012-13 Schedule Announced

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If there is a season, it will look like this:

Opener - Saturday, October 13 vs. Columbus

Last game of the year - Saturday, April 13 @ St Louis

Saturday December 13 @ St Louis is enticing for an IHN game....

Home Dates of note include ---

Saturday, October 20 - vs Detroit Red Wings

Tuesday, October 30 - vs Phoenix Coyotes

Monday, November 5 - vs Pittsburgh Penguins... we might get to see Cindy again!

Tuesday, November 27 - vs Los Angeles Kings (Remember, Turkey Day is the 23rd this year)

Friday, December 7 - vs New Jersey Devils

Wednesday, January 2 - vs New York Rangers

Sunday, January 6 - vs Detroit Red Wings

Sunday, January 20 - vs Philadelphia Flyers

Sunday, February 17 - vs. Boston Bruins

Wednesday, February 27 - vs Ottawa Senators

For those who like road trips on a weekend, we've got a LOT of Canadian dates this year and St Louis, Washington, Dallas, Boston, Phoenix and Fort Lauderdale look tempting in my eyes.

We also do go to Montreal, Winnipeg and Toronto this year... Wow.

Our longest road trips are 6 games long. There's three stretches. The first one being the Circus trip, another one at the end of January/early-February, per usual, and another in March.

Click here to view the article

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
October 16th in Winnipeg. I'll be there, can't wait. Jets games are a lot of fun even without my team playing, this should be even better.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Thats what I'm thinking...
<
If only I got my passport earlier... GRRRRR!!!! >.< I would have wanted to do that, Toronto or Calgary.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Just looked at other schedules.... The nice, big fuck you to Stu is the banner ceremony ----

Friday, October 12th ---- New York Rangers @ Los Angeles Kings.... The midget couldn't have planned that any better!!!!
<

And not that I mind or anything, but isn't the schedule usually addressed in July?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol wolf that sucks!!!

Look at the Hawks final 6 games... that could be a dog fight for playoff position.

vs Wild

vs Preds

@ Preds

vs Blue Jackets

vs Blues

@ Blues

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
I count three stretches of six away games, November 14-23, Jan 29 - Feb 9 and March 14-24. And a seven game home stretch from Feb 15 - Mar 1. With 15 back to back games.

R K

IF there is a season, it will look like this:

Opener - Saturday, October 13 vs. Columbus

Last game of the year - Saturday, April 13 @ St Louis

Saturday December 13 @ St Louis is enticing for an IHN game....

Home Dates of note include ---

Saturday, October 20 - vs Detroit Red Wings

Tuesday, October 30 - vs Phoenix Coyotes

Monday, November 5 - vs Pittsburgh Penguins... we might get to see Cindy again!

Tuesday, November 27 - vs Los Angeles Kings (Remember, Turkey Day is the 23rd this year)

Friday, December 7 - vs New Jersey Devils

Wednesday, January 2 - vs New York Rangers

Sunday, January 6 - vs Detroit Red Wings

Sunday, January 20 - vs Philadelphia Flyers

Sunday, February 17 - vs. Boston Bruins

Wednesday, February 27 - vs Ottawa Senators

For those who like road trips on a weekend, we've got a LOT of Canadian dates this year and St Louis, Washington, Dallas, Boston, Phoenix and Fort Lauderdale look tempting in my eyes.

We also do go to Montreal, Winnipeg and Toronto this year... Wow.

Our longest road trips are 6 games long. There's two stretches. The first one being the Circus trip, and the other one at the end of January, per usual.

Did you skim over March?

Shoots_he_scores

Liked Posts:
University of North Dakota, by way of Oak Lawn
Thats what I'm thinking...
<
If only I got my passport earlier... GRRRRR!!!! >.< I would have wanted to do that, Toronto or Calgary.

Well hurry up and get it then. I got mine 4 or 5 years ago and it took maybe a month at the longest between the time I applied and the time I got it.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
fanof19' timestamp='1340315898 said:
perfect road trip March 8

I was also looking at that.... Absolutely amazing date for a Florida trip.

R K' timestamp='1340302526 said:
Did you skim over March?

I was in a rush to get to work, geezus. I'll add it in a sec... or someone else did... lol thx whoever did.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Lol wolf that sucks!!!

Karma works in mysterious ways, Stu. You just don't want to fuck with her... and then this happens.

Look at the Hawks final 6 games... that could be a dog fight for playoff position.

vs Wild

vs Preds

@ Preds

vs Blue Jackets

vs Blues

@ Blues

And look at the three before - LA, Tampa and then @ Detroit.
<

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Just checked the rate to DC for me... Looks like I'd need around $700, not including a game ticket or food ($300 flight, $400 hotel). Not bad. I might consider it, especially since its easy to get around DC at least. But the fact that I can't get my tax refund that early really makes it suck big time.

Boston is giving me fits with the cheap hotels not being close to rail transit but its got the cheapest flights, and Fort Lauderdale... ARRRRGH!!!! Its so not transit-friendly... -.-

fanof19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just checked the rate to DC for me... Looks like I'd need around $700, not including a game ticket or food ($300 flight, $400 hotel). Not bad. I might consider it, especially since its easy to get around DC at least. But the fact that I can't get my tax refund that early really makes it suck big time.

Boston is giving me fits with the cheap hotels not being close to rail transit but its got the cheapest flights, and Fort Lauderdale... ARRRRGH!!!! Its so not transit-friendly... -.-

you do know that there is a hotel across the parking lot from the BAC right? I don't know if the hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport, but you can check.

IceHogsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, do not go to Sunrise, Florida for hockey. Terrible, just terrible. You should know by now that people in the south do not know hockey nor are they worthy of a team.

Two season ago I had a horrible experience there. After doing the polar plunge here I jumped on a plane and was eating fresh seafood that evening in Fort Lauderdale on the beach. The day of the game, I got up, enjoyed the beach with a run, went and played a round of golf, swam in the pool, had dinner in the BAC and watched the Blackhawks play the Panthers while wearing shorts and my jersey. Shortly thereafter several of us met at a local bar on the beach and had a few frosty drinks and some fresh seafood.

Terrible, just terrible I tell ya.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Yeah, do not go to Sunrise, Florida for hockey. Terrible, just terrible. You should know by now that people in the south do not know hockey nor are they worthy of a team.

Two season ago I had a horrible experience there. After doing the polar plunge here I jumped on a plane and was eating fresh seafood that evening in Fort Lauderdale on the beach. The day of the game, I got up, enjoyed the beach with a run, went and played a round of golf, swam in the pool, had dinner in the BAC and watched the Blackhawks play the Panthers while wearing shorts and my jersey. Shortly thereafter several of us met at a local bar on the beach and had a few frosty drinks and some fresh seafood.

Sounds like most of your enjoyment came from being in Florida(seafood, beach, pool, frosty drinks). Not the actual hockey game....
<

So, you like Florida. Lots of people do. I prefer the Northwoods personally.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
you do know that there is a hotel across the parking lot from the BAC right? I don't know if the hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport, but you can check.

Its about $150 more than the Washington trip, but I don't mind since its Tax refund money, and I'd be able to save by that time.... I can take the bus through Downtown Fort Lauderdale, since I already know the way to BAC as it is (Did the research on that beforehand)... Doesn't look like there will be an airport shuttle, but that's fine by me. I'll live. I've got a mall and a Wendy's.... and I just found a Steak and Shake nearby. I'm happy with that.
<

But on the actual front. What the hell is there to do in Fort Lauderdale anyway other than scoping out the seniors?
<

Fort Lauderdale on March 8th, DEFINITE possibility now for my annual birthday game. It's not what I was expecting for an East Coast game, but hey, I'd love to see the Atlantic Ocean in March myself. I've never seen it before in real life.

Thank you, Fanof19!
<

Went to Nashville and I thought differently. Those southerners know their hockey.

This is normal for me back in California. Always did that. People there thought I was nuts.

But yeah I agree with Pez... seems that the "amenities" are more appealing than the hockey.....
<
But yeah if I went, it would be a hockey trip first, then for the rest of the "amenities"...

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
So where will I go this year? Choices, choices.

Of the nominees I picked due to the Hawks schedule, I've never been to either city (Boston or Fort Lauderdale), but I know I can get to Boston for a lot less than I can with Florida, especially now with what I was told through a friend who lives there...

For me, now it comes down to ----

Boston in mid-January (Just the honor of being in Boston for a game, no matter what time of year)

... or Fort Lauderdale/Miami in March, which would be the prime vacation of all time.... but as I said earlier, what in the world is there to do in Fort Lauderdale without a car other than maybe scoping out the seniors? lol...

There's plenty to do in Boston, so I have no complaint there. The history, the sights and sounds.... Sure, its winter, but Hawks trip first, then sightseeing after. I'll live.

(Note - I eliminated Washington this afternoon due to the fact Boston was a tad more tempting if we're talking about a trip around the same time,..I've always wanted to see Boston. Hell, I wanted to go to school there. DC is nice and all, but price did have a small role in it too.
<

I eliminated Dallas and Phoenix last night due to the fact I preferred going East this year. Denver was the first cut out of the five cities I was considering for a Hawks trip this year... cut it due to the transit sucking....)

Ok so now that the process of elimination is over, are there any recommendations between Florida and Boston that we didn't mention, or are there any tips I should consider when making my final decision? I'll be staying three nights in either city (I already picked hotels that suited me in both cities...In Fort Lauderdale, I found 2, in fact), so I expect either city to be a kick-ass vacation that I desperately need.
<

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
So where will I go this year? Choices, choices.

Of the nominees I picked due to the Hawks schedule, I've never been to either city (Boston or Fort Lauderdale), but I know I can get to Boston for a lot less than I can with Florida, especially now with what I was told through a friend who lives there...

For me, now it comes down to ----

Boston in mid-January (Just the honor of being in Boston for a game, no matter what time of year)

... or Fort Lauderdale/Miami in March, which would be the prime vacation of all time.... but as I said earlier, what in the world is there to do in Fort Lauderdale without a car other than maybe scoping out the seniors? lol...

There's plenty to do in Boston, so I have no complaint there. The history, the sights and sounds.... Sure, its winter, but Hawks trip first, then sightseeing after. I'll live.

(Note - I eliminated Washington this afternoon due to the fact Boston was a tad more tempting if we're talking about a trip around the same time,..I've always wanted to see Boston. Hell, I wanted to go to school there. DC is nice and all, but price did have a small role in it too.
<

I eliminated Dallas and Phoenix last night due to the fact I preferred going East this year. Denver was the first cut out of the five cities I was considering for a Hawks trip this year... cut it due to the transit sucking....)

Ok so now that the process of elimination is over, are there any recommendations between Florida and Boston that we didn't mention, or are there any tips I should consider when making my final decision? I'll be staying three nights in either city (I already picked hotels that suited me in both cities...In Fort Lauderdale, I found 2, in fact), so I expect either city to be a kick-ass vacation that I desperately need.
<

You could go to New York.

December 10th: Lightning @ Rangers

December 11th: Blackhawks @ Islanders

December 12th: Canadieans @ Rangers

Then you get to see two or three games!