Hawks @ Avalanche IGT Dec 27th @ 8 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know that PFoley had said that, but it looked to me like the stick was outside his leg. I'll check the dvr and report back. If he did try to circumcise him, there will be some payback...other than getting their asses kicked on the scoreboard.

Wherever it was, Kane was not happy and he shoved his gloves and stick up into Duchesne's face/helmet area for some payback after that unnecessary shit.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Nah it was in between his legs and it wasn't an attempt at a poke check, it was a nut shot. And then a board by Landeskog because he's Landeskog.
FirstOrnateFox.gif

But that's the sort of shit to expect when you got Roy as coach.

Last edited by a moderator:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Yea...it certainly wasn't a nut shot. Duchene got him on the outside of the hands/hip - the blade never disappeared, so clearly it wasn't a nut shot. Really not a big deal and the "scrum" afterwards, wasn't really much of a scrum at all. Kane seems to welcome that sort of thing by mixing it up and letting others come in. I do suppose to most Blackhawks fans though that Duchene and Landeskog committed some type of murder by touching Kane.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Also - great bounce back game by Crawford. The game could have gotten ugly right away in the first (even though Colorado only manged 6 shots on goal...somehow) but Crawford hung in there and stopped several high quality scoring chances from the Avs.

Smith is a guy that I've always pegged as a #12 type of forward because of his size and lack of skill...but his work ethic continues to show why he belongs and why he can be useful. Thought he had a real nice game last night with some important face off wins and continuing his PK dominance. The PK is made for a guy like Smith who doesn't have to worry about handling the puck for more than a split second or making a play with it...straight up work ethic and he certainly has it. Have to tip my hat off to him for that.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the energy level Smith, Kruger, Carcillo bring. Bollig would be better on the 4th line if we still had him though.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Nah it was in between his legs and it wasn't an attempt at a poke check, it was a nut shot. And then a board by Landeskog because he's Landeskog.

https://gfycat.com/FirstOrnateFox

There was no nut shot. I'd say that I trust my 60" HD in frame by frame slo-mo over your 7" whatever.

Wherever it was, Kane was not happy and he shoved his gloves and stick up into Duchesne's face/helmet area for some payback after that unnecessary shit.
I don't mind that, plus I liked that Kane was giving him the business. He just needs to learn to get that elbow up when the third man comes in. On several occasions in the past, Keith has gone to the box for giving some guys a face full o' stick, but since then, guys haven't been as eager to target him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can remember the first couple of years in the league for Kane when he had to use his stick to ward off players trying to intimidate him, he doesn't need to do it as often as he used to though.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I can remember the first couple of years in the league for Kane when he had to use his stick to ward off players trying to intimidate him, he doesn't need to do it as often as he used to though.
You're right, I had forgotten that he did that as much as a younger Keith...if not more.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Kane still participates in plenty of stickwork... he's just become more subtle at it.

That's why he should watch some old film of Gordie Howe. Never mind the stick, NOBODY went near him withoot getting a mouth full o' elbow.

To be honest though, if the guy didn't like it and dropped the gloves, Gordie would just kick their ass anyway. I'm not sure, but he seems to have been credited with several Gordie Howe hat tricks...wait, what?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's why he should watch some old film of Gordie Howe. Never mind the stick, NOBODY went near him withoot getting a mouth full o' elbow.

To be honest though, if the guy didn't like it and dropped the gloves, Gordie would just kick their ass anyway. I'm not sure, but he seems to have been credited with several Gordie Howe hat tricks...wait, what?

I read that Gordie actually only had one Gordie Howe hat trick.
(not sure of veracity though)

Variable

Liked Posts:
There was no nut shot. I'd say that I trust my 60" HD in frame by frame slo-mo over your 7" whatever.

You know you can expand that gif screen to get a closer look right? And pause it and put it in slo mo as well? It was right in between his legs. Watch it again, you can't see the stick on the right side of him (because it's in between his legs)and you can see the blade coming out in front of him past his waist. You can see the stick in front of his left leg as it's going up. There was no other reason for Kane to get mad if it had just brushed by his outside hip. That happens all the time to players and to him, there's nothing to start shit over if that was the case. But he got mad because it wasn't that, it was a low blow from a frustrated player.

Besides that I have hockeystreams, I watched the Colorado feed, they showed a reverse angle from behind that showed it clearly when they were trying to figure out why Kane got mad and were surprised Duchene would do that when they saw what happened.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
You know you can expand that gif screen to get a closer look right? And pause it and put it in slo mo as well? It was right in between his legs. Watch it again, you can't see the stick on the right side of him (because it's in between his legs)and you can see the blade coming out in front of him past his waist. You can see the stick in front of his left leg as it's going up. There was no other reason for Kane to get mad if it had just brushed by his outside hip. That happens all the time to players and to him, there's nothing to start shit over if that was the case. But he got mad because it wasn't that, it was a low blow from a frustrated player.

Besides that I have hockeystreams, I watched the Colorado feed, they showed a reverse angle from behind that showed it clearly when they were trying to figure out why Kane got mad and were surprised Duchene would do that when they saw what happened.

I didn't read the above, and don't want to. I'm a fan of conciseness.

That said, I must humbly apologize. I just looked at it one final time (with my glasses on) before wiping it from my vcr. He most definitely nutted Kaner. I had to zoom it, but Duchene tried to make him Hebrew.

This is an artists rendition of me...:facepalm:

R K

Liked Posts:
Yea...it certainly wasn't a nut shot. Duchene got him on the outside of the hands/hip - the blade never disappeared, so clearly it wasn't a nut shot. Really not a big deal and the "scrum" afterwards, wasn't really much of a scrum at all. Kane seems to welcome that sort of thing by mixing it up and letting others come in. I do suppose to most Blackhawks fans though that Duchene and Landeskog committed some type of murder by touching Kane.

You're high it was most certainly a "NUT" shot which is why 88 was pissed off. It was RIGHT between Kanes legs. Go slow it down and watch it again.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If anyone wants to throw up an IGT for tonight that'd be great. I'm swamped with work today.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Kaner ever say anything about Douchers "nut shot"?

R K

Liked Posts:
I didn't read anything. Not going tonight so won't hear until Wed when I talk to them in DC.

They did practice together over the Summer so I believe 88 was surprised Douchane did that. And make no mistake he DEFINITELY whacked him in the nuts.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A guy who carved guys up was no other than Stash Mikita:)

Status
Not open for further replies.