Hawks resign Roszival

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am surprised at this one to be honest, but as I think most of us figured the Hawks aren't going to be landing anyone in free agency. Maybe a veteran backup goalie on a super cheap deal but that is it. Kids are going to have to step up to repeat next year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Welp. Good and bad, I guess. Looks like they're going with the 6 from the playoff run on D. Not that it's a bad thing but I was hoping one of the kids would find a spot on the D this year.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well there goes the Stanton chance unless he is the #7

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possibly, or they are going to use Stanton 1 more year in the AHL with Johns.

Well since it counts against the cap either way I am guessing that Brookbank would have to do something spectuclarly horrible to not make the team, or maybe the Hawks are going to trade Oduya after all.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Two years in a row, Roszival has been real good in the postseason. Really like this move, as it allows Leddy to continue to develop his offensive game with a partner like Rosy back there to help on D.

Hopefully the cap hit is in the 1.5-2 million range.

I'd expect him to play somewhere around 50-60 games this season, giving Brookbank and maybe someone from Rockford the opportunity to see some minutes.

Franko725

Liked Posts:
Like this signing a lot. He provides something that the Hawks need in a stay at home Dman with some size. Have to figure it is a cap friendly contract. Like I stated before in another thread, he is a guy that wanted to play here. He give the kids down at the Rock another year to mature. Nothing wrong with this one at all.