Hawks sign Fernando Pisani, 1 year, 500k

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="LordKOTL"]

...and by the same argument then, you'd hate Turco?[/quote]

Wasn't Turco already all but "replaced" as of last year? He turned down 2 mil from Philadelphia which was a different team he hadn't played for before. Much different circumstances.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... cdc83.html

So much so that the Stars announced after the season that they do not intend to pursue Marty Turco, who will leave the team as an unrestricted free agent this summer after setting most of the franchise records for goaltending. Dallas also has two unrestricted free agents in minor leaguers Brent Krahn and Matt Climie, and could sign either or both of them to return as potential backups to Lehtonen. They also have control of young prospects Richard Bachman and Tyler Beskorowany, and could also pursue a veteran free agent as a potential backup goalie.

Variable

Liked Posts:
You compared Hossa going from team to team to LeBron James putting on a circus that Ringleader McDonough himself would be proud of. I've been reading around the board, you're.....kinda out of sorts man, and that's putting it lightly. Don't know what your deal is.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Variable"]You compared Hossa going from team to team to LeBron James putting on a circus that Ringleader McDonough himself would be proud of. I've been reading around the board, you're.....kinda out of sorts man, and that's putting it lightly. Don't know what your deal is.[/quote]

Want directions to the ignore button? That will solve your problem.

The people who do resent Hossa resent him for jumping ship just like LeBron did. Nowhere did I say how it all went down was similar.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Nah man it don't bother me, but it's just weird. In some posts you're alright, and then in others, it's like fucking Jekyll and Hyde, no clue whatsoever. None.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Variable"]You cannot compare what LeBron James did to Hossa. That's.....man.

What's up with this dude Stu? I don't mean any offense, but fuck. What's his deal?[/quote]

acquired taste.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]

acquired taste.[/quote]

You only like me because of the autographed puck! I will buy your love, I promise.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="Stu Grimson"]

You only like me because of the autographed puck! I will buy your love, I promise.[/quote]

Nah, I still don't like you.

Variable

Liked Posts:
[quote name="MassHavoc"]

acquired taste.[/quote]

Haha, oh man. Yeah guess so. There's always one of them guys floating around. That's cool though, need them for entertainment sometimes.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Wasn't Turco already all but "replaced" as of last year? He turned down 2 mil from Philadelphia which was a different team he hadn't played for before. Much different circumstances.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... cdc83.html

[/quote]

Still, I don't see the hatred for a player trying to win the cup. After all, it's the freaking Cup. I'd volunteer to clean out the toilets at the UC after tequilla night to get my name on it.

Besdies, my disdain for Hossa was less for leaving the Pengiuns and taking a one-shot deal for the cup that it was for signing with detroit.

But then again, i've been a fan of his since the Memorial up run with Portland.

Want directions to the ignore button? That will solve your problem.

The people who do resent Hossa resent him for jumping ship just like LeBron did. Nowhere did I say how it all went down was similar.[/quote]

Jump ship where? He was traded from the Thrashers to the Pens.

He chose to play one year in Detroit as he was UFA. That's why he took the one year deal.

I don't think there is any comparison to the fiasco of Labron, Wade and Bosh. That was a conspiracy.

[quote name="Variable"]

Haha, oh man. Yeah guess so. There's always one of them guys floating around. That's cool though, need them for entertainment sometimes.[/quote]

Too much entertainment causes Ulcers.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

Too much entertainment causes Ulcers.[/quote]

So does Stu..... ohh wait, I think that's what you were... nevermind.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

He chose to play one year in Detroit as he was UFA. That's why he took the one year deal.

I don't think there is any comparison to the fiasco of Labron, Wade and Bosh. That was a conspiracy.[/quote]

Hey I don't have any ill will towards what Hossa did... just pointing out why people (basically Pens fans in general) feel about Hossa. I would have done the same thing if I felt I had a better chance to win the Cup. Then again Pens fans aren't too bright and are just butthurt that Hossa wanted to leave.

Didn't Pitt offer him a multi-year deal and he, for lack of better words, "jumped ship" to Detroit for a 1 year deal?

DBQHawkFan

Liked Posts:
[quote name="R K"]

I don't think there is any comparison to the fiasco of Labron, Wade and Bosh. That was a conspiracy.[/quote]

The way I viewed the Hossa deal in Detroit was they didn't have a bunch of cap space to sign him to a long term deal. He knew this and so he signed a one year, cap friendly deal for a chance at a cup. Then last year he went looking for a long term deal with a team that had a chance to win it all (Hawks) and he got a cup (hopefully more) and a long term deal that made sense for him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We all know how well short term deals worked out for him, seems he prefers long term deals with contenders.

Hey I don't have any ill will towards what Hossa did... just pointing out why people (basically Pens fans in general) feel about Hossa. I would have done the same thing if I felt I had a better chance to win the Cup. Then again Pens fans aren't too bright and are just butthurt that Hossa wanted to leave.

Didn't Pitt offer him a multi-year deal and he, for lack of better words, "jumped ship" to Detroit for a 1 year deal?[/quote]

Yea I was just questioning it in general. I don't know quite how much money the Pens had to make him a long term offer, or why he bolted. I do know he committed to Chicago, and won the Stanley Cup. That's a fact.