Hawks sign Rasmussen to 1 year deal

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
He's actually not that bad of an all around player. I'll let the Hawks brass deal with the details and how he will be used and where but he is probably now ready to make the jump to the North American ice. No harm in a one year deal to see.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I have a strange feeling this has Daddy's scouting department written all over it. Otherwise, we wouldn't even bother with signing this kid. I'm willing to give him a try. </p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
It's a two-way deal, so no risk.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has some size and skill and does appear ready for the NA game. A little bit of a late bloomer me thinks.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
I like how they publish a photo of him cross-checking an opponent in the back of the head. New nickname might be "donkey punch?"

We keep getting more sveeedish. Bowman sure loves his swedes, but he has his finger prints on 13 more Stanley Cups than I have so I will reserve judgement. Grin.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I think it is Rockford move. If I am not mistaken, he is a C. TT and Donkey Punch as your top 2 C's in Rockford? And with the inevitable injuries that happen, they can call up either guy.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
TT better not be spending next season in Rockford</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="232174" data-time="1402623960">

TT better not be spending next season in Rockford</p></blockquote>
If he's not ready, then he does. Scooter made it clear that they are in no hurry with TT and he does not need to be a fit for that elusive #2C spot. If he does, then yay, if not, no biggie, he still has plenty of time to develop.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
For TT, I think it's not that he's skill wise ready, just not physically mature enough yet. When he was with the Hawks those few games he looked like Kane did when he joined the team. Not a lot of mass or muscle. I'm sure this offseason he's going to keep working on putting on weight and get stronger.

If he can add another 10-15 pounds I wouldn't doubt he starts the season on the main team.

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trev" data-cid="232192" data-time="1402668406">
<div>

For TT, I think it's not that he's skill wise ready, just not physically mature enough yet. When he was with the Hawks those few games he looked like Kane did when he joined the team. Not a lot of mass or muscle. I'm sure this offseason he's going to keep working on putting on weight and get stronger.

If he can add another 10-15 pounds I wouldn't doubt he starts the season on the main team.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

His skates and hands are NHL ready. I think his skating can keep him from getting his clock cleaned.</p>

</p>

You'll know if he's ready in September - if he's got a shooting lane and passes, he's off to Rockford.</p>

cplmac

Liked Posts:
He's a set up man more than a goal scorer, that shouldn't disqualify him. Kane was the same way when he got here. I'm not saying he's Kane but their situation are similar and TT like Kane has next level talent. If he's not going to start the season with the Hawks I'd like to see us go after Brad Richards who would slide perfectly into that #2 center vacancy, and we can probably get him below market value.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="cplmac" data-cid="232287" data-time="1402772334">

He's a set up man more than a goal scorer, that shouldn't disqualify him. Kane was the same way when he got here. I'm not saying he's Kane but their situation are similar and TT like Kane has next level talent. If he's not going to start the season with the Hawks I'd like to see us go after Brad Richards who would slide perfectly into that #2 center vacancy, and we can probably get him below market value.</p></blockquote>

I'm not sold on Richards being that good anymore.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'm still trying to figure out how there is even cap space for a signing like that, even if it were below market value, when they still have to re-sign Raanta (or some back up goalie), Smith, maybe Morin, probably another d-man. Where do people think they have the space to sign anyone like Brad Richards?</p>

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The Hawks have 4.6 mil to spend on Raanta, Smith and Morin. I don't expect them to keep Versteeg and his 2.2 mil salary, so if they can get someone to take him I.e. Buffalo, that gives us 6.8 mil.

I don't expect really the Hawks to make any big signing in FA since we don't have the salary space and it is going against the philosophy of building from within.

We have McNeill, Dandault and Teuvo who are potential centers of the future, and TT is the closest to being NHL ready, if not already. Don't see the Hawks trying to make any moves or signings that will hurt the cap space we currently have or need.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
A team like Buffalo, Calgary and Florida both need to hit the cap floor this offseason and since they are not a highly valued team for an UFA to go to, their gonna need to hit some teams up for overpaid skaters. Bickell might be another guy who could be gone to one of those 3 after another good post season. If we could get a draft pick or prospect, I'd be okay with that.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Just based off comments from Stan after they were done in the playoffs, it doesn't sound like Versteeg is going anywhere. I'd like for that to not be true, because then it would offer up some space, but doesn't seem like it is.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, don't think Versteeg is going anywhere. He will have his first summer of proper training since his knee surgery, got to think that had something to do with his crap play late in the season. If he doesn't deliver next season, they will ship him out for some scrub pick.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Unless he has a brain transplant over the offseason as well I think we're going to see the same kind of play from Versteeg, regardless of what condition his knee is in. It wasn't just in the playoffs where he was bad.</p>