CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This makes it look like we won't see Dach again this year. :(

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Jeez.....

Makes me think Kirbys wrist is worse then expected.

This would have been an excellent depth move for the fourth line, but I'm sure they will make him Kane's center.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What rebuild DOESN'T need a 35 year old? Seriously?
If this move doesn't show a FO that's still not ready to be bad enough to get a good pick,then the two other vet forwards brought in prove it for sure. It's OKAY to be bad this year because of the 'letter' right? Then see what Entwistle or Kurashev have or sign a still 23yro Strome for one year and give him a big role. I doubt it's Strome playin' hardball here and a big role for him would tell us what we need to know,oh........and who cares if he fails if losin' is the objective.

Bring in more vets and this team will never know what the fuck it has with it's younger players!

Andy Green's still available!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jeez.....

Makes me think Kirbys wrist is worse then expected.

This would have been an excellent depth move for the fourth line, but I'm sure they will make him Kane's center.
There's no more room on the fourth line my friend. Smith,Carpenter,Kampf,Highmore are typical 4th liners and hell......even the Marks brothers and Shaw are 4th liners on a real good team.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If this move doesn't show a FO that's still not ready to be bad enough to get a good pick,then the two other vet forwards brought in prove it for sure. It's OKAY to be bad this year because of the 'letter' right? Then see what Entwistle or Kurashev have or sign a still 23yro Strome for one year and give him a big role. I doubt it's Strome playin' hardball here and a big role for him would tell us what we need to know,oh........and who cares if he fails if losin' is the objective.

Bring in more vets and this team will never know what the fuck it has with it's younger players!

Yep. More dumb fucking shit from our douche GM. Moron just doesn't get it. Any Hawk fan with half a brain knows this
team is going nowhere this year.....we don't want to see these old farts.....we want fresh blood out there. This damn Bowmanizing of this team is starting to piss me off.....is his next big move bringing back Pulford to be his assistant?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the signing. You can't plan for an injury of this magnitude while creating the path, and given the short notice this is a lucky and significant positive result only possible this late due to the free agent crisis for in between player and delayed signings.

It tells me we aren't tanking, but then I gotta raise two eyebrows at the goaltending unless we know Nalimov is the shit. Because I guarantee you the other 3 ain't ready to stop gap for a worst defense of all time contender.

Or are Stan and the boys not reading the "advanced analytics" well enough because thats what we are, an abomination.

Detroit last year actually was...like real life guys that was the worst defense to ever play the game. We were a distant second and have improved the forward defense I think...at least a little...and I would guess the young guys improve us out of any "all-time" bad consideration but we were fucking right there with the slightest backslide or injury luck.

We were fucking right there last year with JC's fucking bullshit system. Had they not abandoned it was that fucking bad. So they have alot to prove to me.

Last edited:

KBIB

Liked Posts:
There's no more room on the fourth line my friend. Smith,Carpenter,Kampf,Highmore are typical 4th liners and hell......even the Marks brothers and Shaw are 4th liners on a real good team.
I meant as a fourth line depth sign.

It's not a bad signing at all. He's gonna stand in front of the goalie on the PP and he's a good PK'er and is sound defensively. Trim the highmores and smiths and that fourth line will be damn good. Throw the Marks on the third line and if they had a healthy team and a signed Strome and I hate to say it but the forwards don't look so bad.

Then you get to the defense and goalies and realize reality.....

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Yep. More dumb fucking shit from our douche GM. Moron just doesn't get it. Any Hawk fan with half a brain knows this
team is going nowhere this year.....we don't want to see these old farts.....we want fresh blood out there. This damn Bowmanizing of this team is starting to piss me off.....is his next big move bringing back Pulford to be his assistant?

????????

You just won the internets

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils

Exactly, with all the kids in the pipeline this signing makes zero sense. Let the dam kids play.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Normally signing a decent center on a value 'one year' is a good move but it's a good move only by a team that's close to challenging for a good spot and that just ain't us this year........it just isn't and it shouldn't be!
This team should be looking to the future with laser focus after their 'letter' saying that was the purpose in moving Saad and booting Crawford but we continue to see more vets added this offseason after adding six last year.....WTF?

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly, with all the kids in the pipeline this signing makes zero sense. Let the dam kids play.
I mentioned Kurashev and Entwistle but here must be at least 7-8 other twenty something forwards in the system that the team has no idea what to expect from and this is the year they need to find out.
We now have veteran logjams at both forward and D with little if any room to see the kids once again and no legit NHL goaltending........fuckin' chimps could do a better job.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Normally signing a decent center on a value 'one year' is a good move but it's a good move only by a team that's close to challenging for a good spot and that just ain't us this year........it just isn't and it shouldn't be!
This team should be looking to the future with laser focus after their 'letter' saying that was the purpose in moving Saad and booting Crawford but we continue to see more vets added this offseason after adding six last year.....WTF?
I think that is Stan’s biggest issue and has been for the last 5 years. The future should be the main focus here, but in his mind, he has this mentality that adding these vets will somehow or another fool Toews, Kane, Keith and Seabs that this team is building on the fly. It is just another sign of Bowman being a bad GM, he wants to sit on the fence and play sides, and that’s because he doesn’t have the balls or brilliance to build his own team. I would respect the guy more if he followed his own path instead of thinking he his fooling people with these mindless moves.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I meant as a fourth line depth sign.

It's not a bad signing at all. He's gonna stand in front of the goalie on the PP and he's a good PK'er and is sound defensively. Trim the highmores and smiths and that fourth line will be damn good. Throw the Marks on the third line and if they had a healthy team and a signed Strome and I hate to say it but the forwards don't look so bad.

Then you get to the defense and goalies and realize reality.....
Highmore might end up as the average 4th liner but then again the 24yro had a pretty nifty postseason(3gls to Kaners 2) and looked to belong in postseason action. I'd rather see if he or a 25yro,solid defensive Kampf(57.6FO% in the PO's) can handle a bigger role than bring in a 35yro. We already had three forward vets in Smith,Shaw and Carpenter and they'll all want minutes too.
Trim Smith? Please tell me how that 3.25M is trimmable.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I mentioned Kurashev and Entwistle but here must be at least 7-8 other twenty something forwards in the system that the team has no idea what to expect from and this is the year they need to find out.
We now have veteran logjams at both forward and D with little if any room to see the kids once again and no legit NHL goaltending........fuckin' chimps could do a better job.
He has no idea what he is doing, he is lost in space. Not that the Wings are a team to mirror, but at least after there fall from grace they have been playing all the kids that never had the chance to play, to evaluate them and move forward.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
This makes it look like we won't see Dach again this year. :(
That image of his wrist has to be worrisome. Remember when Kaner hurt his wrist, it takes a lot of rehab to get back to normalcy. I am hoping for the best for this kid.