Hawks V Yotes

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True, but unfortunately the "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency" seemed to be Pulford too often when the money started to wane, and materialized as nothingburger acquisitions like Theo Fleury and Gilmour well past their shelf life, and nonsense like the Alpo Suhonen experiment. Finally got the right guy (Smith), and after he drafted the seeds of the future Cup teams and pissed off Pulford too much by not being a toadie bootlicker, he was shown the door.

Where I'm going with this is that the Wirtz family doesn't know shit about hockey. They like the money they make from it, but I'd argue that with all due respect to Rocky, he has less of a clue than his dad about who to hire to fix this mess. Who knows if Scotty Bowman is still there in his ear feeding him more awful information, but I don't think anyone left in that building has clue one on how to right this ship. DISCLAIMER: that is not saying that Stan and McDonut had any idea either; don't misconstrue the last statement to mean anything remotely resembling that.
Interesting. The comparisons are aplenty. Rocky hanging on way too long to Stan and it could've been longer without the Beach thing vs(Dollar Bill-Pulford). JC and Alpo. Theo and Gilmour - MAF, Gus, Dehaan, Murphy.

Last but not least, it appears that Scotty is just as much in Rocky's ear as Pulford was in Dollar Bill's. It's a dark spot in Blackhawks history that looks like it's reinventing itself.

Never in a million years did I think it would work out this way.