HC Candidate Interview Schedule/Rumors

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
He really didn't say that and it would be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt if he wasn't such a standoffish asshole to everyone on twitter.

But what he said is true even though I agree with you on him. He didn’t say anything wrong in that tweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
I'm positive the Bears search is over and Pace has "his guy". I wouldn't be surprised if Josh McDaniels to the Giants is already agreed upon too. Which would explain why the meeting with him wasn't that long. Honestly, if the Bears weren't bending the rules and tampering(like every other team does) I would be more concerned.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Craig Gabriel is a ****ing charlatan and "has been" who literally never really even was and it is not surprising that some of the people I see defend him have the same sort of angry and agitated personality, actively seeking out the littlest things to find fault with and attack and I am betting that Gabriel literally hasn't even seen his own **** in years.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
Don't know if this is has been mentioned, but it sure as shit wasn't Carmichael calling the Saints plays yesterday. It was Payton. (Much like Nagy in KC)...Sure they get they chance to call plays in the regular season, but when the rubber meets the road, it seems the big boss takes over. Probably why he's not a serious candidate.

carmichael is known to just be payton's lackey and mouthpiece...from what i've heard, he hasn't shown any development skills or offensive creativity/innovation to be considered HC material

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
carmichael is known to just be payton's lackey and mouthpiece...from what i've heard, he hasn't shown any development skills or offensive creativity/innovation to be considered HC material

I've thought that as well. He's a media name "hey the Saints OC should get a chance"...but in reality he's not a qualified candidate.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
22m22 minutes ago
#Lions DC Teryl Austin's situation just got interesting: As he negotiates a deal with the #Bengals, the #Raiders are making a push to hire him & give him an assistant head coach title to coach DBs. Oakland hoping for an uber staff for Jon Gruden.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo
4m4 minutes ago
All indications remain Panthers DC Steve Wilks will meet with the Giants first, likely tomorrow, sources say. Cardinals remain eager to get a crack at him and could follow, with the Colts, Bears and Lions all interested as well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They do not need to have a HC signed to extend Fangio, they just need to have made a decision and that coach and Fangio have to agree to work together.

Half of Shannahan's staff was in place before he signed a contract last year.

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
peeked over to see what giants fans are predicting/hoping for, and they seem split between wilks and shurmur...with mcdaniels as a super long-shot.

they really think its going to be wilks because of his ties to gettleman. their priority is a leader-of-men that can hold that locker room together, and they see wilks as that guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He is 100% wrong. They can agree in principle on a coach but nothing can be announced until the team is eliminated or after the Superbowl if they make it. Then again, he's been out of the NFL so long I guess he gets a pass.

You can actually formally sit down with a candidate after the conference championship games and the league has pretty much allowed teams to do a "wink wink" on agreements for head coaching jobs. This was in response to many qualified candidates "being punished" because their teams advanced deep into the playoffs. If GG is going to be a penis to everyone on the internet he should at least update himself on the latest NFL rules.
This and if so and the new coach likes Fangio, he can be extender or understand he will be.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just heard that the SunTimes has tagged Nagy as next HC.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Close it down. Jahns is reporting Nagy to Bears

proton

Liked Posts:
Wow he must have really kissed Pace Mccaskey and Phiilips asses during the interview. Probably the only candidate that agrees with Pace that trubisky is a superstar in waiting.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo
4m4 minutes ago
All indications remain Panthers DC Steve Wilks will meet with the Giants first, likely tomorrow, sources say. Cardinals remain eager to get a crack at him and could follow, with the Colts, Bears and Lions all interested as well.

Wow, that’s strange! I can’t imagine he’d take a demotion to a position coach though.

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:
Keep Fangio and find an OC.
I agree. The Bears are obviously trying to keep Vic, but I just heard that Nagy will be calling plays for Offense, so I find that really intriguing.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk