"He balled out today"

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aren't some of you going a little overboard with this Trubs vs Glennon thing? Sheesh. The Bears looked good, and Glennon looked fine out there. Heck, Trubs had a series where he couldn't even manage the play clock, and you're in a hurry to throw him in there?

The analysis of the OP? Simms left his feet to make the catch? Wut? White had to stop his route? Wut? It was a deep curl route and Glennon threw the ball before White made his move. I think some people here rate their analysis a little higher than maybe they should, imo.

Glennon did fine, and Trubs still has some stuff to learn. Why can't people accept that? I think the Bears are doing a fine job handling the situation. It's OK if they both play well, and support each other.

We all know Trubs is the guy long term, but the Bears are handling it just like they said they were going to, and looking good doing it. Besides, have any of you actually noticed how good the Bears #1 D has looked?

If you don't like something you over-analyze that thing death to convince yourself your choice is correct. Bottom line is that Glennon has put a few drives together. He has also made some mistakes.

I can guarantee you he understands pre-snap reads and NFL defenses better than Trubisky. Trubisky is gifted athletically and has a much better throw and seems like he keeps his head on plays.

We all know Trubisky's time is coming soon, but the difference is the things we can't see; or just flat out refuse to acknowledge for some. Trubisky has not seen enough time to understand the NFL line of scrimmage and pre-snap. The first 4 games for the Bears are cocksuckers and they probably don't want Trubisky to have to learn on the fly during those games.

I know Bears fans, including me, want the future now, but it may have to wait a few games until it makes more sense.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Aren't some of you going a little overboard with this Trubs vs Glennon thing? Sheesh. The Bears looked good, and Glennon looked fine out there. Heck, Trubs had a series where he couldn't even manage the play clock, and you're in a hurry to throw him in there?

The analysis of the OP? Simms left his feet to make the catch? Wut? White had to stop his route? Wut? It was a deep curl route and Glennon threw the ball before White made his move. I think some people here rate their analysis a little higher than maybe they should, imo.

Glennon did fine, and Trubs still has some stuff to learn. Why can't people accept that? I think the Bears are doing a fine job handling the situation. It's OK if they both play well, and support each other.

We all know Trubs is the guy long term, but the Bears are handling it just like they said they were going to, and looking good doing it. Besides, have any of you actually noticed how good the Bears #1 D has looked?

yes, Tribs is going to have those rookie mistakes regardless if he plays game 1 or game 8, so a lot of people are in the mindset that the sooner he gets in there to learn off of his mistakes the better. We are not winning the superbowl this year so it would be a great year to have the rookie take his lumps and make a run at the playoffs next year.
The more games Glennon plays the less experience Tribisky gets..

I think there could be a happy medium and want him in there after the first 3-4 games

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here you go:

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/glemkn

If it was a curl route, White should have moved back in toward the QB. He was obviously crossing the middle of the field (dig route) and had to stop because of the poorly thrown ball.

[video=youtube_share;LJANf280WBY]https://youtu.be/LJANf280WBY[/video]

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
The whole purpose to having Glennon is to allow Trubs to learn the NFL comfortably. Clock management is something he can learn without being thrown into the fire, and is a good example of the things he needs to learn as a rookie.

I'm confident the Bears will handle it well, but it would be a glorious thing for Trubs to start the 2nd half of the season, after a bye week for the Bears, against the Pack at home. And I'd love to see Glennon get us 4 or 5 wins in the 1st half.

Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having less of them and building from success instead of a bunch of do overs without time to relearn some basics because he's game planning with the ones is what they are trying to avoid. Get him to his best place in the best way. Not seeing things or reacting improperly also makes you more prone to injury. Let it play out. Dallas was a bonafide SB contender last year. Our D looks like it might be playoff ready but the team is not yet SB ready so even though winning will be part of the goal, it's still primarily a development year.

I do think Trubisky needs playtime to be better prepared for his 1st full season in 2018. With his accelerated development, I'd like to see at least 1/2 season of starts but if Glennon plays well enough, Mitchell may only see a couple games. Even with a few games watching, I think he'll do fine if Glennon can't go. Smart, hard working kid.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Here you go:

If it was a curl route, White should have moved back in toward the QB. He was obviously crossing the middle of the field (dig route) and had to stop because of the poorly thrown ball.

Curl or not, it was a timing route. Glennon threw the ball on Whites break. Instead of appreciating a nice timing route, you want to shade Glennon for a "poorly" thrown ball. Educate yourself... it was not the worst pass in the world, especially for a timing route. Oh yeah, it was caught for a 1st down.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If you don't like something you over-analyze that thing death to convince yourself your choice is correct. Bottom line is that Glennon has put a few drives together. He has also made some mistakes.

I can guarantee you he understands pre-snap reads and NFL defenses better than Trubisky. Trubisky is gifted athletically and has a much better throw and seems like he keeps his head on plays.

We all know Trubisky's time is coming soon, but the difference is the things we can't see; or just flat out refuse to acknowledge for some. Trubisky has not seen enough time to understand the NFL line of scrimmage and pre-snap. The first 4 games for the Bears are cocksuckers and they probably don't want Trubisky to have to learn on the fly during those games.

I know Bears fans, including me, want the future now, but it may have to wait a few games until it makes more sense.

Your post has a lot of merit to it but I think people overstated Glennon's performance last week. I'm not concerned about Mitch's pre-snap issues because I see QB's screw this up a few times every game I watch and end up burning timeouts. I'm also not sure Glennon reads defenses better than Trubs. Against Denver (who was missing Von and Ward) he looked like complete shit. Against Arizona he looked lost and like complete shit until he went against backups in the two minute drill. Tennessee has a shit defense and Glennon had a really good first drive. Outside of that drive he had some horrendous plays and left points on the board. I don't mind him starting the first 6 games or so but he really has been awful and I see little from him that leads me to believe he reads defenses better than Trubs. Pre snap concerns I'll give you but Mitch has messed up a few but not enough to concern me if he needed to start week 5.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here you go:

[video=youtube_share;LJANf280WBY]https://youtu.be/LJANf280WBY[/video]

white was slowing down out of his break before he looked for the ball....he was not crossing on the move. On dig routes you use a speed cut to go the direction you want. He did not make a speed cut.

The ball was not perfect, but I point back to the over analyzing part.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
The whole purpose to having Glennon is to allow Trubs to learn the NFL comfortably. Clock management is something he can learn without being thrown into the fire, and is a good example of the things he needs to learn as a rookie.

I'm confident the Bears will handle it well, but it would be a glorious thing for Trubs to start the 2nd half of the season, after a bye week for the Bears, against the Pack at home. And I'd love to see Glennon get us 4 or 5 wins in the 1st half.

If Glennon wins 4 or 5 in the first half Mitch wont play this season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
white was slowing down out of his break before he looked for the ball....he was not crossing on the move. On dig routes you use a speed cut to go the direction you want. He did not make a speed cut.

The ball was not perfect, but I point back to the over analyzing part.

They found a hole in the zone and made a play. I'm OK with it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Probably not, but that means we are contending. If Glennon helps us win 4 or 5 in the first half then he will deserve the contract he got, at least for this year.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably not, but that means we are contending. If Glennon helps us win 4 or 5 in the first half then he will deserve the contract he got, at least for this year.

Agreed. And if he doesn't we go with our future franchise quarterback and take it from there. This is why we are in a win/win situation that I started a thread about the other day. All good.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You've figured it out....The Bears want to fail so they traded up and drafted the QB of the future. But since the Bears are afraid of success they are not going to play him.....

Do you really feel they are against success or maybe...just maybe they feel like Trubisky could use more training by working under center and reading defenses before they put him in the field for real games because he is not quite ready mentally yet.

There is more to QBing than shotgun and PA rollouts....

Trubiskys first direct snap and drop back from center while reading a field, in his entire career, came yesterday.

Dude are you blind or just exaggerating? In the first game of the pre-season alone he was under center 6 snaps and 3 of those snaps were traditional under center dropback plays while the other 3 were rollouts. Obviously he has also been executing under center plays since then and in practice before then. He needs more time to perfect calling the play in the huddle, reading the defense, making changes at the line of scrimmage and dropping back from under center all of which within the play clock. We know this already but its stupid as fuck to act like last game was the first time he did it.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't face palm with a slit throat. Your death was as amazing as I hoped. Great acting and Arya finally did it.

It was actually a super lame death. That fucker deserved far worse.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude are you blind or just exaggerating? In the first game of the pre-season alone he was under center 6 snaps and 3 of those snaps were traditional under center dropback plays while the other 3 were rollouts. Obviously he has also been executing under center plays since then and in practice before then. He needs more time to perfect calling the play in the huddle, reading the defense, making changes at the line of scrimmage and dropping back from under center all of which within the play clock. We know this already but its stupid as fuck to act like last game was the first time he did it.

no he had 1 vs Denver and 1 vs Arizona all the rest were vs Titans....yes, he has practiced it; they may feel he needs more. They may not feel he is ready enough to see it in game. The Bears are not trying to lose games, and if they thought Trubisky was ready he'd start. They do not want to lose.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Not necessarily true, imo. Have you seen the Bears #1 D? I think they will wins some games for us. Glennon and the Bears can win games with a run and D gameplan. Besides, I'd like to see Glennon AND Trubs do well. I think the best scenario is for Glennon to play well enough to get something back going into next year. A 2nd have run for Trubs could be a beautiful thing, imo, and with Glennon playing well.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Exactly. Let's not rush this process. I know the NFL is built for the passers, but a lot can be accomplished in the weight room, film room, practice field, etc. Trubs is perfecting technique, game planning and learning how to do the media dance, travel, and live like an NFLer.

Holla back in 2018, Trubs.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
neither one of our QBs is going to win anything unless our defense actually produces a respectable turnover ratio.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
no he had 1 vs Denver and 1 vs Arizona all the rest were vs Titans....yes, he has practiced it; they may feel he needs more. They may not feel he is ready enough to see it in game. The Bears are not trying to lose games, and if they thought Trubisky was ready he'd start. They do not want to lose.

I don't give a shit about your back and forth with whom you were speaking to about winning, losing and some crackpot theory. I responded specifically to the fact you are full of shit about his under center plays.

Try again chief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URjC1pUv1A

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit about your back and forth with whom you were speaking to about winning, losing and some crackpot theory. I responded specifically to the fact you are full of shit about his under center plays.

Try again chief: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9URjC1pUv1A

i stand corrected, tiger, he had 2 vs denver and 1 vs arizona.....the rest were designed rollouts from center or shotgun. Which is what I said......he was under center but he did not drop back directly except for 3 plays plus the titans game...in his career. I also have not seen him call an audible.

My point stands...the coaching staff probably doesn't think it is enough yet.