Here is every pass attempt by Fields against Vikings

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
There are PLENTY of opportunities for him to throw down field. He decided to check it down instead. 3rd pass he has DJ Moore on the sidelines. Doesnt pull the trigger. Watching. This tape is frustrating. You also find out alot of these screens are RPO screens which means Fields is the one making the decision to throw it

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I want to see all those passes thrown behind the LOS , I'll just watch a pee-wee game

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I want to see all those passes thrown behind the LOS , I'll just watch a pee-wee game
Why, u just watched Bagent do it and u got wet, he also averages less yards per attempt than Fields

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
…. On an RPO, if the safety and LBs show blitz, Fields is coached to throw it. Obviously... Flores showed mug almost every down. Getsy kept calling them though.
Oh look!

Someone who actually understands football instead of the op who is just pretending....

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are PLENTY of opportunities for him to throw down field. He decided to check it down instead. 3rd pass he has DJ Moore on the sidelines. Doesnt pull the trigger. Watching. This tape is frustrating. You also find out alot of these screens are RPO screens which means Fields is the one making the decision to throw it

It’s not tape, it’s YouTube highlights and you don’t know the play, first read or anything for that matter, Just acting like it so you can continue to complain. I really wish posters would stop acting like a screenshot or YouTube highlight with generic music in the background is tape

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He made some really nice throws and decisions in there as well.

It shows to me though that indeed, he doesn't recognize coverages and defender leverage in order to throw his guys open. The simplest example is the throw he missed to Mooney. Mooney was wide open pretty much that entire time, so Fields could have thrown it to him as soon as he was coming out of his break. He didn't need to wait that long. If he delivered a strike on-time then Mooney could have maybe at least protected himself against the hit he took.

On the flipside, taking the checkdown was a problem for Fields coming into the year. He's certainly improved in that area, probably too much cause there's throws downfield that he could be aggressive on but just isn't. I think at least a part of that is that he's not seeing how the route will be open by the time the ball gets there (alluded to in the paragraph above this one).

msadows

Liked Posts:
You can do this with every QB

I thought chicago dumbass fans would learn this by now?

Pull up some all 22 of caleb williams tape and be shocked how many wide open guys he doesn't "See" downfield. Almost like these guys don't have 360 vision while wearing a giant helmet.

SD Bears Fan

Liked Posts:
Why, u just watched Bagent do it and u got wet, he also averages less yards per attempt than Fields

Bagent wasn't a wasted #9 overall draft pick that, after 3 years, still doesn't look like a franchise qb. Can't wait until this experiment is over and we move on.

If you are honest with yourself (not you personally), you could see in college that Fields wasn't that great. OSU won 95% of their games by just showing up. They had so much more talent than most of their opponents. Playing behind a 5 star line with 5 star weapons against the crap big ten teams can sure make a guy look good.

Fields could be a pretty good backup in the NFL. He's not a guy that will carry your team anywhere.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bagent wasn't a wasted #9 overall draft pick that, after 3 years, still doesn't look like a franchise qb. Can't wait until this experiment is over and we move on.

If you are honest with yourself (not you personally), you could see in college that Fields wasn't that great. OSU won 95% of their games by just showing up. They had so much more talent than most of their opponents. Playing behind a 5 star line with 5 star weapons against the crap big ten teams can sure make a guy look good.

Fields could be a pretty good backup in the NFL. He's not a guy that will carry your team anywhere.
Good fucking lord

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
…. On an RPO, if the safety and LBs show blitz, Fields is coached to throw it. Obviously... Flores showed mug almost every down. Getsy kept calling them though.
This is true but a smart vet QB will Run it more anyway often to keep a D honest or just change the play especially when the Pass part isn't working anyway. It's ultimately on Getsy, especially if Fields adjustments are limited, but Fields isn't completely absolved.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s not tape, it’s YouTube highlights and you don’t know the play, first read or anything for that matter, Just acting like it so you can continue to complain. I really wish posters would stop acting like a screenshot or YouTube highlight with generic music in the background is tape

What if it’s that cool “rap” music they use for da highlights?

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Getsy called that many RPOs, he's still an idiot . . .

gmoney1994

Liked Posts:
It’s not a you tube highlight. It literally shows every pass play from a sky view. And every play has a 1st option and a 5th option. That’s why it’s called going through progressions to find the open receivers. Fields doesn’t do that very well after his first read

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
It's hard to fathom a NFL game where the defense has 4 picks and the offense has but 12 points to show for it.

ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL
Shoulda had 15 but Santos missed his first FG! What can ya do?

Won the TOP battle and the turnover battle and stole a road victory from a playoff team.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
It’s not a you tube highlight. It literally shows every pass play from a sky view. And every play has a 1st option and a 5th option. That’s why it’s called going through progressions to find the open receivers. Fields doesn’t do that very well after his first read
Need a clean pocket to go through progressions - routinely you'll see both Wright and Jones pass off a DE to the RB in favor of blocking a less dangerous blitzing man.

That's insane pass protection rules. No QB can overcome that 5x a game, turnovers will happen when the coaching is that poor.

The offense is just a poorly coordinated unit, letting go of talent because you've got poor coaching is the Hallmark of a bad org. Get Justin away from Getsy and he'll thrive.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard to fathom a NFL game where the defense has 4 picks and the offense has but 12 points to show for it.

ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL
You'd need a QB like Fields to pull off that level of fail.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s a YouTube highlight, we don’t know his first read, we don’t know the play design, I bet you can’t tell me what defense the Vikings were in or what Getsy called. Just because it’s at a sky view angle with music doesn’t make it tape, stop