Here is my problem with the Trubisky pick ......... LEADERSHIP

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I see the word "consistently" carries little to no meaning to you..

Then again, you were (are?) a Cutler fan, so this does make sense..

What do you mean by a Cutler fan? He was a player on the Bears. So, yes I was a fan as I am a Bears fan. I wanted him to do well.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What do you mean by consistent losers? Like it's hard to find a QB that lost a fuck ton and still remained a starter but there are certainly QBs that had losing seasons and didn't lose their teams. Guys Like Bernie Kosar, Archie Manning come to mind or even more recently Ryan Fitzpatrick.

And I already said not all leaders need to be vocal or have what I will call the meatball traits so I'm not disagreeing with your second paragraph.

I've never heard anyone call Fitzpatrick or Manning good leaders. Kosar was a winner very early in his career (I think he went 13-3 his sophomore season or some shit), so he was always followed because of that.

What do you mean by a Cutler fan? He was a player on the Bears. So, yes I was a fan as I am a Bears fan. I wanted him to do well.

As long as you now realize the error of your ways, all can be forgiven.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As long as you now realize the error of your ways, all can be forgiven.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt too much. But at no point did I ever want him to fail. There were people here that did and that is hogwash.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I gave him the benefit of the doubt too much. But at no point did I ever want him to fail. There were people here that did and that is hogwash.

If he failed harder, years ago, we could have moved on and not wasted the last 7+ years in football purgatory.

Once you recognize something isn't working, it's better to want it to be done with quicker, instead of prolonging the inevitable. This "hogwash" isn't a concept I expect you to grasp, mostly because of your double digit IQ.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I responded to you because you made a comment addressed to me not because it was you.

I wasn't even talking to you and you felt the need not to debate the point but make a personal comment about me which suggests a level of emo that I could only classify as high school girlish level.

Keep your continued - and apparently fetish-like - thoughts about me to yourself.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he failed harder, years ago, we could have moved on and not wasted the last 7+ years in football purgatory.

Once you recognize something isn't working, it's better to want it to be done with quicker, instead of prolonging the inevitable. This "hogwash" isn't a concept I expect you to grasp, mostly because of your double digit IQ.
You were doing great until the double digit thing. :shrug:

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
The part where you said it was a myth. I assumed you understand it existed in general but questioned it's existence as it relates to sports. But maybe you don't think it exists at all in which case I underestimated your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Various studies are cited in the below two wiki articles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leadership

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trait_leadership

I would not say it's a lack of knowledge on the subject- but it is certainly my own heretical view. The concept of leadership is so ingrained in the ethos and the orthodoxy of both sports and business that people look at you like you have three heads when you suggest it is a mythical intangible we make up to explain the tangible.

For example- one could cogently argue that 'love' does not exist and is an invention of English poets to describe the overwhelming feelings that form because of a flood of brain chemicals and hormones when meeting someone new. Love (or however ones describes it)- if looking at an image of the brain- can be measured scientifically. Oxytocin, dopamine, testosterone levels can be measured and examined pre and post meeting someone. The increase in said chemicals can be described as 'love' if one chooses to do so.

Leadership- on the other hand- can't be measured or weighed or even objectively observed. I asked for proof- the two links you provided contained none. They do demonstrate that leadership is a widely accepted trait and has a long history. I get that. I think it's bullshit- and that businesses pour, literally, billions into studying it. But you can't view it under a microscope- or in a brain imaging scan. 'Experts' can't even agree on what it is or what traits define it. Thus my belief that it is a myth.

I have no desire to get sucked into the Remy vortex- so feel free to respond or not. Unless or until there is some objectively observable data that can 'prove' it's existence- color me a non-believer. We assign certain characteristics to successful people/entities that could more aptly be explained through luck and/or actually measurable skills. Instead- lazy journalists and lazy business managers suggest 'leadership' must have been the cause of success.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Or, you could have hoped he did better when the Bears had their window and they might have sneaked into the Superbowl. You hoping he did even worse would have erased the few good fucking years we had in the past 10 years. Then we would have been an even bigger laughing stock. Brilliant.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Or, you could have hoped he did better when the Bears had their window and they might have sneaked into the Superbowl. You hoping he did even worse would have erased the few good fucking years we had in the past 10 years. Then we would have been an even bigger laughing stock. Brilliant.

Cutler was never going to sniff a SB. There was no window, at least not one that included him. My hopes had literally zero influence on that fact.

And, to your last point, Cutler is the MAIN REASON we are in this position we are now; a laughing stock. Yes, you are brilliant.

Congrats, you played yourself.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I do believe there are born leaders, but that probably comprises a small fraction of leaders. He's a kid - most people need to reach 25 these days to grow up. He needs to lead in the huddle and on the field, not necessarily with the media. Nobody should expect him to have that confidence initially, he just hasn't played enough at a high level. Someone mentioned Montana, who was a quiet guy, I don't see Trubisky as that. He's going through a major transition, which should bring maturity. Leadership is a very nuanced thing.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cutler was never going to sniff a SB. There was no window, at least not one that included him. My hopes had literally zero influence on that fact.

And, to your last point, Cutler is the MAIN REASON we are in this position we are now; a laughing stock. Yes, you are brilliant.

Congrats, you played yourself.

With your logic, a lot of teams that make the playoffs with lesser QBs should hope that the team loses that game and bad so the GM has no doubt that the QB has to be replaces.

Newsflash... we as fans have no control over the decisions of the GM. All you can do is live in the moment and hope your team wins. And when it gets close enough to the big dance, root like crazy. If the GM is not able to after the fact understand the deficiencies of the team when they are less subtle, then he is a bad GM. Which leads us to the Bears. If Emery was forced at gunpoint to release Cutler in 2012... guess what? He is still a bad GM.

Go watch women knitting sweaters or something. Football is obviously too intense for your emotions.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I was watching an interview the other day with Kurt Warner. He said he likes all the tools that Trubs brings to the table, but he was concerned about Trubs ability to "handle an NFL huddle". Those were his words and he probably knows a little about playing QB.

For him to say that, as well as others, there must be something about him that makes people, if nothing else, wonder about his leadership skills. None of this keeps Trubs from being a good QB, but it could be the difference with him being a great QB. NONE of anyone here knows for sure at this point.

The OP brings up one of the more legit concerns about Trubs compared to a bunch of other crap being said. However, I believe it was his OC who said he's the most accurate QB he's seen in 30 years, so good play fixes most everything.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With your logic, a lot of teams that make the playoffs with lesser QBs should hope that the team loses that game and bad so the GM has no doubt that the QB has to be replaces.

Newsflash... we as fans have no control over the decisions of the GM. All you can do is live in the moment and hope your team wins. And when it gets close enough to the big dance, root like crazy. If the GM is not able to after the fact understand the deficiencies of the team when they are less subtle, then he is a bad GM. Which leads us to the Bears. If Emery was forced at gunpoint to release Cutler in 2012... guess what? He is still a bad GM.

Go watch women knitting sweaters or something. Football is obviously too intense for your emotions.

It's like you forgot that you inferred that I was somehow to blame for Cutler missing his "window" (lol), and then proceeded to tell me "we as fans have no control"

Would we be in a better spot now if we released/traded Cutler instead of extending him? Who knows. But we watched him fail time and time again, while people like you rooted for him (pat yourself on the back!), and we're about as far away as we can possibly be from a SB because of it.

You are actually too stupid for words. I'll just start communicating to you through emoticons and relatable gifs, because I'm not quite convinced you even read what you write before you hit the post button.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
according to a report when trubs would throw a single incompletion in practice players would be like "whats wrong with mitch today?" and a coach also gave an example of during a game it was 3rd down and the coaches were telling the D to get ready and the players were like "coach, were good. 10 is out there."

having your teammates feel that way about you is leadership.

hell, do you think rodgers is a good leader? from all accounts hes not at all. hes standoffish and arrogant. that was actually a big knock coming out of college, that he was full of himself. but the guy can ball, and expects those around him to do so as well. and they do, if they want to stay on the field.

and as mentioned, do you think montana was a rah rah man? no montana lead through being cool and collected and balling out. and by pointing john candy out during a huddle.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's like you forgot that you inferred that I was somehow to blame for Cutler missing his "window" (lol), and then proceeded to tell me "we as fans have no control"

Would we be in a better spot now if we released/traded Cutler instead of extending him? Who knows. But we watched him fail time and time again, while people like you rooted for him (pat yourself on the back!), and we're about as far away as we can possibly be from a SB because of it.

You are actually too stupid for words. I'll just start communicating to you through emoticons and relatable gifs, because I'm not quite convinced you even read what you write before you hit the post button.

What you said had nothing to do with what I am saying. Absolutely nothing.

At the end of the day, I really don't care who you root for or against or who's twitter accounts you like to complain about.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was watching an interview the other day with Kurt Warner. He said he likes all the tools that Trubs brings to the table, but he was concerned about Trubs ability to "handle an NFL huddle". Those were his words and he probably knows a little about playing QB.

For him to say that, as well as others, there must be something about him that makes people, if nothing else, wonder about his leadership skills. None of this keeps Trubs from being a good QB, but it could be the difference with him being a great QB. NONE of anyone here knows for sure at this point.

The OP brings up one of the more legit concerns about Trubs compared to a bunch of other crap being said. However, I believe it was his OC who said he's the most accurate QB he's seen in 30 years, so good play fixes most everything.

Don't you think a lot of that is experience? Warner had a lot of experience before he really commanded an NFL huddle. I think it's impossible to judge at this point, because he really didn't have much xp at UNC. I'd take Kurt's words with a grain of salt. There's a lot that jumps out at you with his play that says, NFL qb.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At the end of the day, I really don't care who you root for or against

That's funny, because you've just spent the last hour complaining about who I wasn't rooting for. :thinking: