Here's our problem moving forward

Username

Liked Posts:
Pace's greatest fuck ups so far.
1. Letting Gase go.
2. Drafting Kevin White
3. Letting Culter go and paying scrubs to replace him
4. Fucking us out of an elite D with this asinine draft.

AussieBear

yeah they shoulda just kept cutty

548694.gif

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

keeping jay would been the perfect scenario tbh
rookie gets a guy to learn from who knew the system
and jay gets hurt by week5 guaranteed because hes old af now and bones are brittle
and trubs takes over and gets to play kinda the middle ground for all here at ccs

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
1. Letting Gase go.
2. Drafting Kevin White

Promising someone else's backup QB the starting position. Can we call that one yet? Even if he's as good as he can be you shouldn't promise a position sight unseen or based on who you thought they were in college.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What did we have 1 maybe 2 turnovers in 4 preseason games?? SMDH

I am not overly concerned from a pure numbers standpoint, but there were a couple drops that should have been picks. It will be a long season again without turnovers

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
keeping jay would been the perfect scenario tbh
rookie gets a guy to learn from who knew the system
and jay gets hurt by week5 guaranteed because hes old af now and bones are brittle
and trubs takes over and gets to play kinda the middle ground for all here at ccs

The only scenarios I can think of where keeping Cutler couldn't have worked is if he was a total dick to the new QB (still could've worked just not as good) or Jay knows too much about why the Bears are a dysfunctional organization and would tell the new QB to run as fast as he can get a trade or released (doubtful since he was willing to sign a long term contract after experiencing Martz ball).

They only thing keeping Cutler wouldn't do is appease the fans who wanted ABC. They would be over it as soon as Cutler was injured.

I guarantee Cutler has more to teach than Glennon. Plus like you said, knew the system.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only scenarios I can think of where keeping Cutler couldn't have worked is if he was a total dick to the new QB (still could've worked just not as good) or Jay knows too much about why the Bears are a dysfunctional organization and would tell the new QB to run as fast as he can get a trade or released (doubtful since he was willing to sign a long term contract after experiencing Martz ball).

They only thing keeping Cutler wouldn't do is appease the fans who wanted ABC. They would be over it as soon as Cutler was injured.

I guarantee Cutler has more to teach than Glennon. Plus like you said, knew the system.

but.....everyone knows the Bears would be targeting a QB in the draft......smokescreen fail

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1. Mike Glennon sucks

2. No proven WR talent

3. John Fox mismanagement

4. Defensive Depth

Those are our issues. When QB and HC are in your top 3 issues, your team is not going anywhere.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
1. Letting Gase go.
2. Drafting Kevin White

3 and 4 on your list are incorrect.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Except Cutler is an introvert and not a great teacher to his QB mates, doesn't give a good example of how to play the position and his success generally comes from exactly what you don't want to teach a young guy that can mimic his skill set. He may know football but it doesn't happen on the field and I'd hate that sort of disconnect transference. Sanchez knows just as much as Cutler and is apparently great at relating that info. He also has time to do it by not having to prep every week. Glennon is a better field example and Sanchez is the better teacher. Glennon had a few suitors for what Jay just got paid. Jay wasn't getting calls. The league disagrees with you.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Except Cutler is an introvert and not a great teacher to his QB mates, doesn't give a good example of how to play the position and his success generally comes from exactly what you don't want to teach a young guy that can mimic his skill set. He may know football but it doesn't happen on the field and I'd hate that sort of disconnect transference. Sanchez knows just as much as Cutler and is apparently great at relating that info. He also has time to do it by not having to prep every week. Glennon is a better field example and Sanchez is the better teacher. Glennon had a few suitors for what Jay just got paid. Jay wasn't getting calls. The league disagrees with you.

Time will tell about Glennon. Approximately 7 days worth. I think the field example will be worse and Glennon himself said he learned some leadership from Winston. But you can't change who they are so him being an introvert too has that the same and possibly worse than Cutler. We already see Trubisky passing Glennon in the leadership role. It may be Glennon's year but it's Trubisky's lockerroom already.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1. Mike Glennon sucks

2. No proven WR talent

4. Defensive Depth

Those are our issues. When QB and HC are in your top 3 issues, your team is not going anywhere.

John Fox is a bigger detriment than the WR issues

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Time will tell about Glennon. Approximately 7 days worth. I think the field example will be worse and Glennon himself said he learned some leadership from Winston. But you can't change who they are so him being an introvert too has that the same and possibly worse than Cutler. We already see Trubisky passing Glennon in the leadership role. It may be Glennon's year but it's Trubisky's lockerroom already.

You mean this. https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-glennon-says-winston-has-made-him-a-better-qb/

“I am a veteran, but I think I can take some things from everyone. I can learn from Jameis, or even Ryan (Griffin) and Dan (LeFevour). Some of us are better in certain areas of our game than others so we can all take things from each other. And Jameis is a great example of that. Not only with the way he plays, but the way he leads among other things. So I try and help him out as much as I can, and I think without me even asking questions I learn things from him just watching him play and act.”
“He’s been phenomenal in the meeting room, helping Jameis adjust to being a pro, to the mental preparation that’s involved on a week-to-week basis,” Bajakian said. “Mike’s been around the block. He’s been a part of several different offenses. He’s very intelligent and I’m excited to have him on this team.”

“I think the world of Mike, and I’ve said that since Day One. He is an unbelievable professional. He’s unbelievably talented – Mike can definitely start (for) a lot of teams in this league. Not just start, but start and have very good success. I truly believe that. I’m excited to have him, because if anything happens to Jameis (Winston), I feel we have a guy who can come in and execute at a very, very high level.”

“Our personalities are definitely different but at the same time you can take some of the things he says and how the guys react to it,” Glennon said. “For sure two different personalities but there are still things I can grab from him. Like me being a little more passionate and he can grab from me being a little calmer sometimes. So I think we have a good balance of each other and can take things from each other.”

Ya, that will be such a bad influence in Mitchell.

As for leading: http://chicago.suntimes.com/footbal...on-is-the-unquestioned-leader-of-his-offense/

The team all see Mitchell's undeniable talent as their future but also know he's not quite there yet and respect Glennon. Any other narrative is umm, creative.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I stopped believing camp hype once I saw with my eyes.
I didn't say they don't respect Glennon, so yeah, that was creative.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
17 points yesterday ( our avg. last yr). Now we're in the regular season. We gotta score early and often to help our "D".

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
1. Mike Glennon sucks

2. No proven WR talent

4. Defensive Depth

2016 was about the same except replace #1 with Cutler and #2 wasn't as big an issue since we had Alshon.