CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
By Patrick Finley | Get In Touch: @ | pfinley@suntimes.comInside the Bears - March 5, 2014 7:55 pm
Devin Hester: I won’t be with the Bears next season

AP Photo
Devin Hester will play for another team next year.
The Bears’ legendary kick returner said on the NFL Network Wednesday night that he won’t be re-signed when free agency begins March 11.
“From my knowledge, I know Chicago wants to go a different route with me,” he told NFL Total Access.
Hester reiterated his desire to retire a Bear, whenever his career might end. He acknowledged a potential fit with the Tampa Buccaneers and former Bears coach Lovie Smith.
“All I want to say is, thanks to Chicago for the support,” he said.

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/inside-the-bears/devin-hester-i-wont-be-with-the-bears-next-season/

Lake Camelot

Liked Posts:
Emery is making all the right decisions to this point. Peppers has to go. The only one I will wonder about is if we let McCown go.

I could go with one year for Peanut or let him go. I think he can still play, but could be done at any time with another injury.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
By Patrick Finley | Get In Touch: @ | pfinley@suntimes.comInside the Bears - March 5, 2014 7:55 pm
Devin Hester: I won’t be with the Bears next season

AP Photo
Devin Hester will play for another team next year.
The Bears’ legendary kick returner said on the NFL Network Wednesday night that he won’t be re-signed when free agency begins March 11.
“From my knowledge, I know Chicago wants to go a different route with me,” he told NFL Total Access.
Hester reiterated his desire to retire a Bear, whenever his career might end. He acknowledged a potential fit with the Tampa Buccaneers and former Bears coach Lovie Smith.
“All I want to say is, thanks to Chicago for the support,” he said.

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/inside-the-bears/devin-hester-i-wont-be-with-the-bears-next-season/
Goddamn rollercoaster day. I don't like it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That sucks. Wish he broke the record

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah, makes me sad. rooted for him for so many years. that kickoff for a TD at the superbowl, damn that was exciting. end of an era. but he didn't have much left in the tank. real shame. but not surprised. i mean, people kicked AWAY from him, he really affected our field position. wonder who get the gig—weems? ford? new guy?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
If only fucking Steltz wouldn't have held on that last TD return and get it called back.

That sucked especially because it was away from the play and wouldn't have mattered. I think he kind of tackled/tripped his man to the ground.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
As much as the fan in me wants him to play here forever, it's the right football decision.
I disagree, he's still a good return man so if he signs somewhere for like $1.5M I see no reason the Bears couldn't keep him. The Bears were still top 10 in average field postion and Hester was a top 5 punt returner. I look forward to seeing how much he signs for.

malcore

The minute Hester was relegated to returner only. the writing was on the wall. My guess is that Hester and the Bears understood this would happen before the season even started last year.

Too bad he couldn't break the record here. He was fun to watch.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He won't be unemployed long, how many great KR's are in the league that can be a #1 WR

tumblr_m1zdf9MutB1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Hester changed the game like few have, imo, and I will miss him big time. LT changed the LB pos, DH changed the KR pos! Hester is, imo, a HOF returner, if that ever happens, a great family man, and a respectful teammate. IMO, I will never, ever, look at a Bears return the same way again!

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
Great now we gotta watch bitch ass weems run shit back. That guy is 100 times worse than Hester and a fucken Hothead penalty flag draw every time he is on the field.