BEST MOCKTARD ON CSS???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still have no clue what you think the "Patriot Way" is. 80 6/7 round QB's have been drafted since 2000 and countless other UDFA's, so other teams seem to be in on this top secret drafting scheme. Unless you are asserting that turning 6th round QB's into the GOAT is the "Patriot Way", if so I agree the Bears should do that too, and I think you should alert Bears GM Ryan Pace immediately.

I don't know about the Patroits, but having that endless supply of young blood breathing down his aging neck sure has worked for Tom Brady. Every few years he gets a completely new perspective on football in his QB room. It may be his secret NFL Fountain of Youth.

Take everything else away....you have a young talented back-up QB for next to nothing for four years when that cap gets tight.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@HeHateMe out of all of your mocks, I haven't seen you draft one Iowa player. What gives? Care 2 explain?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
@HeHateMe out of all of your mocks, I haven't seen you draft one Iowa player. What gives? Care 2 explain?
I want one of those TEs from what has become "TE U" of late, but Pace has zero chance of getting either one otherwise they would have been #fullymocked in one of my mocks. The thing is, with THIS mock, there's nice potential that Pace will have ammo following this sort of QB every year strategy to make something like that happen.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want one of those TEs from what has become "TE U" of late, but Pace has zero chance of getting either one otherwise they would have been #fullymocked in one of my mocks. The thing is, with THIS mock, there's nice potential that Pace will have ammo following this sort of QB every year strategy to make something like that happen.
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Amani Hooker might be available at 87

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Amani Hooker might be available at 87
Bears have bigger needs there IMO. If Pace wouldn't have kicked Jayhow to the curb for a cheesesteak I would be literally all over Hooker but noPE

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears have bigger needs there IMO. If Pace wouldn't have kicked Jayhow to the curb for a cheesesteak I would be literally all over Hooker but noPE
Yeah, but what if the running back they want can be had in the 4th?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Drafting a QB even when you have a good starter also worked out very well for the Packers. It's smart football no matter what you call it.

Does this mean you also have to include Rogers in the Brady "outlier"?

And Cassell and Garoppolo...

Just stop man, don't go vortex, there are too many examples for you to insist it was an outlier that only happened once.
Nobody is saying that investing a first or second round pick is crazy. That's where all the qbs come from. Not the 5th

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Drafting a QB even when you have a good starter also worked out very well for the Packers. It's smart football no matter what you call it.

Just stop man, don't go vortex, there are too many examples for you to insist it was an outlier that only happened once.
What are you even talking about. Now you are including 1st and 2nd round picks in your " Patriot Way". Garoppolo was a 2nd that got them a 2nd in return, whoopdee frigin' doo. Cassell got them great rto but was exposed as pathetic almost immediately. Rodgers was a 1st rnd pick drafted as the heir to Favre. Best I can figure is your idea of the "Patriot Way" is morphing into teams should draft QB's in some round of the draft some times. Do you actually think that pretty much every team doesn't do this?

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I don't know about the Patroits, but having that endless supply of young blood breathing down his aging neck sure has worked for Tom Brady. Every few years he gets a completely new perspective on football in his QB room. It may be his secret NFL Fountain of Youth.

Take everything else away....you have a young talented back-up QB for next to nothing for four years when that cap gets tight.
I have said that I would be all for a QB in the mid to late rnds if they think he has value, but to suggest the Patriots have figured out drafting a QB every few years is a good idea and no one else has is just weird. They may be better at it than most, but if the suggestion is that the Bears should try the Pats strategy of being good at drafting late rnd QB's ...well...seriously?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
What are you even talking about. Now you are including 1st and 2nd round picks in your " Patriot Way". Garoppolo was a 2nd that got them a 2nd in return, whoopdee frigin' doo. Cassell got them great rto but was exposed as pathetic almost immediately. Rodgers was a 1st rnd pick drafted as the heir to Favre. Best I can figure is your idea of the "Patriot Way" is morphing into teams should draft QB's in some round of the draft some times. Do you actually think that pretty much every team doesn't do this?

You keep trying to ignore all the examples of drafting QB's working out for teams, give it up you sound desperate.

"Garoppolo was a 2nd that got them a 2nd in return, whoopdee frigin' doo." They got a quality back up for years on the cheap and and it cost them zero draft capital, which you pretend to act like that was nothing. Who fucking cares what Cassell did after the Pat's traded him, that was a great move for the Pat's.

I know you're a smart guy and you understand all these examples of the strategy paying off. For some reason you are just being contrarian, some sort of an eye doctor troll I guess.

Editing to add: the Pat's used the 62nd pick in the 2014 draft to get Jimmy and they got back the 43rd pick in 2018. The difference between the 62nd pick and the 43rd pick according to the draft trade value chart is the 81st pick, a 3rd rounder. So the Pat's used a second round pick to get a quality backup on the cheap for 4 seasons and in return they got a second and a third. "whoopdee frigin' doo." indeed.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I can't wait, maybe I should get in on the action!
Honestly maybe you should take over for me. I have brother coming into town in like 2 and halve hours ?and then anniversary weekend with the wife :love::love::love: kicks off 2mow and THE ORIGINAL MISFITS ? on Saturday! ??? I doubt I will even be able to watch the draft at all because I'll be so ?usy

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You keep trying to ignore all the examples of drafting QB's working out for teams, give it up you sound desperate.

"Garoppolo was a 2nd that got them a 2nd in return, whoopdee frigin' doo." They got a quality back up for years on the cheap and and it cost them zero draft capital, which you pretend to act like that was nothing. Who fucking cares what Cassell did after the Pat's traded him, that was a great move for the Pat's.

I know you're a smart guy and you understand all these examples of the strategy paying off. For some reason you are just being contrarian, some sort of an eye doctor troll I guess.

Editing to add: the Pat's used the 62nd pick in the 2014 draft to get Jimmy and they got back the 43rd pick in 2018. The difference between the 62nd pick and the 43rd pick according to the draft trade value chart is the 81st pick, a 3rd rounder. So the Pat's used a second round pick to get a quality backup on the cheap for 4 seasons and in return they got a second and a third. "whoopdee frigin' doo." indeed.
All the examples? You have Matt Cassel, which yes, they raped Seattle for, and even giving you Garappolo, an upgrade of 19 draft spots, which everyone was saying was going to get them a first or more in return, other then that, they have used 3 3rds, a 4th, a 6th, and several 7ths for a total return of a bust WR that was 6th in receptions on a team lacking even any #2 level WR's. You are talking about the most successful team at turning QB's for draft profit, and they, without doing all the draft value chart math may be slightly in the positive.

Please, enlighten me with all the examples of great return teams have gotten by trading drafted QB's for draft capital profit. Here is a link to every QB picked since 2000. There are 231 of them, it shouldn't be too hard to find 5 or 10.

Cutler was turned for a profit by Denver, but he wasn't drafted to be a backup, so I guess that doesn't fit your Patriots Way criterion. I am at a loss to find another team to do what you seem to think every team should do.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
All the examples? You have Matt Cassel, which yes, they raped Seattle for, and even giving you Garappolo, an upgrade of 19 draft spots, which everyone was saying was going to get them a first or more in return, other then that, they have used 3 3rds, a 4th, a 6th, and several 7ths for a total return of a bust WR that was 6th in receptions on a team lacking even any #2 level WR's. You are talking about the most successful team at turning QB's for draft profit, and they, without doing all the draft value chart math may be slightly in the positive.

Please, enlighten me with all the examples of great return teams have gotten by trading drafted QB's for draft capital profit. Here is a link to every QB picked since 2000. There are 231 of them, it shouldn't be too hard to find 5 or 10.

Cutler was turned for a profit by Denver, but he wasn't drafted to be a backup, so I guess that doesn't fit your Patriots Way criterion. I am at a loss to find another team to do what you seem to think every team should do.

You were given multiple examples of teams drafting QB's even with a solid starter, you ignored them. Now you expect me to believe that there is a magic number of examples that will change your mind, and you would like me to go digging around to convince you that a proven way to run a franchise is good. Not going to happen, you stay right there in your state of denial, Brady, Rodgers, Cassel, Garoppolo, are not enough. How many 6th round draft picks just fail and you get nothing, but you need the strategy to work 100% of the time, the draft is a crap shoot, no method is fool proof, this strategy has been proven to work in the past, I hope Pace considers it in the future.

You and remy related?

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay now this is epic. Bears haven't drafted a DUCK in hundreds of years.

Justin Hollins is ELITE like Brock McGinn was last night for the Carolina Hurricanes.

Another Duck to keep an eye on for later drafts is: KARSTEN BATTLES, he's only a sophmore now but he's gonna be LIT AF in the 2021 class.

Former Chris Rubio award finalist AND ranked #3 in the world currently at his position.

@ruprecht ^

Wasn’t that shitty center pace drafted in 3rd round a duck?

I like the idea of drafting the qb. Could be cheep back up and like op said could trade for future picks if he develops.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
The Patriots way, some people don't like the idea of drafting a QB when you already have a solid starter, but they don't know NFL history, let me explain.

A few years ago a team drafted a QB with the #1 pick, he was good, won games went to pro bowls, then a few years later they drafted another QB in the 6th round, why? They already had a pro bowl QB why draft another?

The #1 overall was Drew Bledsoe and the Pats traded him for a first round pick, when the 6th rounder turned out to be pretty good, today that dorky kid from Michigan is known as the GOAT, that's right, Tom Brady.

To anyone that would claim the Patriot way doesn't work, do your homework, read words, learn things, educate yourself, get smart, have information, don't be a fucktard, be better, enjoy knowledge, study history, learn from the past.
To make your point but without using Brady as an example.

There was this one team who drafted the #1 QB (2nd overall pick), he was good, won games went to the pro bowl his rookie year. Using the 1st round pick, and the fortune needed to move up to 2, did not stop this team from selecting another QB in the 4th round of that draft. The 1st round QB was injured and he never was the same again. That 4th round QB eventually became the QB for the Redskins and last moved onto the Vikings and got 84 million guaranteed in his new contract.

Those QBs were Robert Griffen III and Curt Cousins.

That 4th round pick became the Redskin's starter for more time than Griffen ever was.

So you don't think that spending a 5th rounder on a QB that supposedly would be the #1 pick in the 2020 draft would be worth it when the Bears have Daniel and Bray?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Rodger was a 1st rounder. Use Brees. At least he was a 2nd rounder.