HOF Exec Gil Brandt on Dalton

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yes, and no.

If we don't upgrade the tackle position it will look like the same trash. If Pace gets us a top 10 oline then dalton can be serviceable.

Still, whats the point? At best its like a 20% improvement over mitch. That doesn't get us anywhere besides mediocre for 3-4 more years.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Gil, any other year, especially 5 or more years ago, Bears fans would be ecstatic. The fact that the Bears brass sold the fans on the idea that they would stop at nothing to get the QB position right after somehow retaining their jobs gave the fans the slightest glimmer of hope. Then all the hoopla and excitement from the Wentz rumors to the Wilson chase to the Carr and Watson discussions gave fans that exact hope like something major was going to happen. We the fans actually have nothing against Andy Dalton, but when your answer at this point(as it may change) is to solve the century long lack of a franchise qb is past his prime Andy Fucking Dalton, well then Gil, you and the Bears brass can go fuck yourselves. We the fans deserve so much better.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Yes, and no.

If we don't upgrade the tackle position it will look like the same trash. If Pace gets us a top 10 oline then dalton can be serviceable.

Still, whats the point? At best its like a 20% improvement over mitch. That doesn't get us anywhere besides mediocre for 3-4 more years.
For all the things I give Ryan Pace credit for, the fact that he has not realized this after more than a half decade as a general manager is truly baffling.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
These people who are trying to tell us Andy Dalton is actually really going to be a big upgrade don't understand Bears football. Chicago is where players like Andy Dalton go to die. There are countless Andy Dalton's buried under the Kentucky Bluegrass at Soldier Field.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, and no.

It's a 1 year deal not a 3-4 year deal and it's only March so lets hope something good/great happens for us in free agency, trade or the draft and it stays at just a 1 year deal.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
THe only way I feel like it's not a waste of money is if they are trying to build the team the way they use to, find the pieces everywhere but the QB, then get the QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
These people who are trying to tell us Andy Dalton is actually really going to be a big upgrade don't understand Bears football. Chicago is where players like Andy Dalton go to die. There are countless Andy Dalton's buried under the Kentucky Bluegrass at Soldier Field.

So Gil Brandt doesn't understand Bears football?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Apparently not. You'd be a fool to believe Andy Dalton will even play a majority of snaps for the Bears this year.

So who will it be that will play the most snaps for us this year?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So who will it be that will play the most snaps for us this year?
I don't know, but if the Bears intend on Charles Leno Jr. and Germain Ifedi to start at tackle with no NFL quality backups its going to be a parade of injuries.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't know, but if the Bears intend on Charles Leno Jr. and Germain Ifedi to start at tackle with no NFL quality backups its going to be a parade of injuries.
this seems pretty dramatic imo

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
dabears70 I laughed out loud when I got my notifications! YAWN

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sorry but a "huge" upgrade......really.

Nothing in Andy Dalton's last 4 years screams Huge upgrade his record is 18-31, and while I understand it is a team sport, the Leader of the team gets credit and blame.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
Andy dalton is the most recent name in a long list of over-the-hill guys to come to the Bears for a final big payday they knew they couldn’t get anywhere else.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is about the front office moreso than Dalton. He probably is an upgrade with a good coach.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Andy dalton is the most recent name in a long list of over-the-hill guys to come to the Bears for a final big payday they knew they couldn’t get anywhere else.

so you wet your pants and cry over losing out on 32 y/o and soon to be 33 Wilson but AD is over the hill. Makes sense.

I know AD is not Wilson but 33 years old is prime age for an NFL QB.